So then what's your bluesky thinking on sam for the next 5 years

Started by rrhf, August 08, 2012, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Next 5 years who's going to get their hands on Sam? Current top 4. I fancy cork to win 1 more sam. Donegal for 1. I think Tyrone will grab 1. Mayo will nab 1 and 1 from the dubs, leaves 1 left for either Kerry, a second for cork, Tipperary or Cavan based on their hard work at youth level

rrhf

seanog

Very hard to work out tbh, so much  to be considered for a five year period, present teams, underage over the last few years, finance available, managerial set ups, it's a frigggin minefield but gun to the head scenario , i'd go for Mayo five in a row.

When we are going for the fifth, i think it only right i get all the copyright to 5inarow merchandise for making such a bold prediction.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rrhf on August 08, 2012, 11:24:43 PM
Next 5 years who's going to get their hands on Sam? Current top 4. I fancy cork to win 1 more sam. Donegal for 1. I think Tyrone will grab 1. Mayo will nab 1 and 1 from the dubs, leaves 1 left for either Kerry, a second for cork, Tipperary or Cavan based on their hard work at youth level
If Cavan were to win an all Ireland I'd die a happy man but realistically unless we can produce another 2/3 years of good minor/ u21 teams it won't happen as we don't have nearly enough quality players in their mid to late 20's.

rrhf

Interestingly the first ever Irish website was called www.5inarow.ie. it was set up in the early 80s to sell records and tapes and t shirts. The owner Kerry mike sold the rights for 100 punts to offalyobviouspushintheback.com which was subsequently floated on the bog water.

Farrandeelin

I'd like to think Mayo would win Sam, but not overly convinced. This year would be the year to do it and with Moran out I fear for the rest of them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seanog

Quote from: rrhf on August 08, 2012, 11:55:46 PM
Interestingly the first ever Irish website was called www.5inarow.ie. it was set up in the early 80s to sell records and tapes and t shirts. The owner Kerry mike sold the rights for 100 punts to offalyobviouspushintheback.com which was subsequently floated on the bog water.

Very good,lol. 

A like button would be very handy in here ,it's handy if you want to show appreciation for an entertaining or well thought out post.

thejuice

Donegal, Dublin and Cork to win the next 5 titles in whatever order.

Mayo won't win anything, Kerry will go into a slumber for a bit. Tyrone likewise.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 08, 2012, 11:50:12 PM
If Cavan were to win an all Ireland I'd die a happy man but realistically unless we can produce another 2/3 years of good minor/ u21 teams it won't happen as we don't have nearly enough quality players in their mid to late 20's.

I don't know why Cavan football has been in the dumps for so long. Since 1969, I think you have won only one Ulster title. I know the overall standard in the province has greatly improved since then but that doesn't explain why Cavan is the odd man out.
Fermanagh and Antrim may not have won the Ulster championship yet but both counties have had decent runs in the qualifiers at times. Right now, I'd put Antrim well ahead of Cavan.
There has to be a number of causes for this fall from grace, if you follow me but I can't understand the reasons for this.
Can you?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

CorkMan

Tipperary are a team on the way up. They did some great work this year and if they keep improving at that rate they'll definitely be challenging for All-Irelands in the next five years. If you look at their underage teams, not just minor, but all the way down to under 14, they're dominating Munster. If Tipp don't get and All-Ireland in the next five years, they'll get one soon after.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 09, 2012, 11:27:20 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 08, 2012, 11:50:12 PM

I don't know why Cavan football has been in the dumps for so long. Since 1969, I think you have won only one Ulster title. I know the overall standard in the province has greatly improved since then but that doesn't explain why Cavan is the odd man out.
Fermanagh and Antrim may not have won the Ulster championship yet but both counties have had decent runs in the qualifiers at times. Right now, I'd put Antrim well ahead of Cavan.
There has to be a number of causes for this fall from grace, if you follow me but I can't understand the reasons for this.
Can you?

I can't! That's the question everyone in Cavan wants to know the answer to. Btw, antrim have won ulster on a number of occasions but granted a long time ago.

Westside

It would be a huge shock if Cavan were to win Sam in our lifetime I feel. Our population is very small at just 60,000 and as the game becomes more athletic and professional bigger counties have begun to rise to the top. The culture for drinking in the county is awful, arrogance and big fish small pond syndrome don't help either. Unrealistic expectation from supporters results in a high turnover of management and a few exceptional arxeholes on the CB don't help either. The standard at club level is atrocious for the most part and the team completely dominating Senior football in the county consistently fail spectacularly at the first hurdle in Ulster Club.

The players we have coming through are decent but not exceptional. Our best hope would be that they could stay interested and ride out the few years of beatings coming their way, stabilise when they reach their peak in another 4-5 years and that we would produce a few excellent young lads from U21 in the next few years to join them. That way we may become competitive and nab an Ulster and a Semi or Final appearance. And I feel even that is highly unlikely. I don't feel that we will be at any stage dominating Ulster or be within the top 4 in the country.