Has the Back door become Redundant?

Started by From the Bunker, August 05, 2012, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2012, 04:12:12 PM
I stopped after "By".

You didn't miss much Hardy, next words were "Martin" and "Breheny"  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 07, 2012, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2012, 04:12:12 PM
I stopped after "By".

You didn't miss much Hardy, next words were "Martin" and "Breheny"  :P

He just spins the same rubbish about Mayo, I'm sure he does the same with other counties.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

Dublin are the best in Leinster the 2nd best were hammered by Cork,Mayo the best in Connacht the 2nd best hammered by Kildare, Donegal then best in Ulster the 2nd best hammered by Kerry and Cork the best in Munster the 2nd best suffocated by Donegal

Final four the best in Ireland?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 07, 2012, 07:43:10 PM
Dublin are the best in Leinster the 2nd best were hammered by Cork,Mayo the best in Connacht the 2nd best hammered by Kildare, Donegal then best in Ulster the 2nd best hammered by Kerry and Cork the best in Munster the 2nd best suffocated by Donegal

Final four the best in Ireland?

Four of the five best, i'd say! Ironically the fifth team Kerry has been beaten by the other 4 in the last 12 months. Dublin in the AI Final, Mayo in the League Semi final, Cork in Munster Championship and Donegal last week. Gas!

From the Bunker

With the 4 provincial winners making the Last 4 in the previous two Championship seasons. This has meant that the Back door has had no impact on both of these Championships. The jettison of players from panels after losing their provincial championships this year has shown that a good run in the back door seems to have little appeal. I know for the first time my interest in the back door has waned.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
With the 4 provincial winners making the Last 4 in the previous two Championship seasons. This has meant that the Back door has had no impact on both of these Championships. The jettison of players from panels after losing their provincial championships this year has shown that a good run in the back door seems to have little appeal. I know for the first time my interest in the back door has waned.
2 years doesn't have enough data.
Tyrone will probably be there or thereabouts at the business end unless they meet Roscommon

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 18, 2013, 09:49:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
2 years doesn't have enough data.
Tyrone will probably be there or thereabouts at the business end unless they meet Roscommon

Will they be there ahead of Donegal, Dublin, Kerry/Cork or Mayo (providing their all are provincial champions)? Not so sure. Tyrone have not had a big scalp in the Championship in a few years now. Them being put in the reckoning for an AI is based on giving Dublin a good game in the league final.

Jinxy

The GAA is always in crisis this time of year.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jinxy on June 18, 2013, 10:31:31 PM

Get rid of the back door, stupid concept and is ruining grass roots Gaelic games, the clubs for most of the year are without the best players who they trained from the age of 8 and never get them when it matters or they are injured when it comes to the club championship.

The best teams usually win the All Irelands (hurling and football) and the shocks of teams getting put out early are what makes it great, now the best teams have a second chance to rectify that fcuk up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2013, 11:39:38 PM

Get rid of the back door, stupid concept and is ruining grass roots Gaelic games, the clubs for most of the year are without the best players who they trained from the age of 8 and never get them when it matters or they are injured when it comes to the club championship.

The best teams usually win the All Irelands (hurling and football) and the shocks of teams getting put out early are what makes it great, now the best teams have a second chance to rectify that fcuk up.

Only thing is nobody has rectified that f-up in the last two years!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2013, 11:49:59 PM

Kilkenny were beat by Galway last year and still won the All Ireland ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2013, 11:52:34 PM

Talking big ball here!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2013, 11:56:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2013, 11:52:34 PM

Talking big ball here!

check my post ;) bloody bog ballers think Gaelic games is all about you :P