Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: Hardy on September 02, 2012, 04:21:40 PM
Dunno if Mayo can keep this up. They've used up a game's worth of energy and everything has gone right for them. Very impressive. But if Dublin get a bit of momentum it'll be hard for Mayo to get the initiative back. Dublin still for me, because they're still physically the stronger and it'll tell in time. But they'll need a goal.
I think your half time comment is bang on and in this context we should place the win.  They destroyed the ai champions and whilst they ran out of steam, they closed it out and that's all that counts. They moved on well from the mortimergate Saga. I think the two best performing managers this year have guided their teams to the final.

cadence

what a game.

congrats to mayo. dublin must rue not really getting going until the last 20/25 mins. it's too late to start playing when it's too late to start playing. takes being in a bind for them to start playing like we know they can. strangely subdued this year. just don't geddit.

although, once dubs committed more men in midfield they cleaned up and got their half-backs going forward and looked a different team.

overall, hard to disagree that mayo were deserved winners... the better team, better forwards on the day and just had too much for dublin to handle. bar a few incidents, mayo never looked like being overrun.

mayo should be confident about the final after that performance.   

cadence

Quote from: rrhf on September 02, 2012, 06:09:08 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 02, 2012, 04:21:40 PM
Dunno if Mayo can keep this up. They've used up a game's worth of energy and everything has gone right for them. Very impressive. But if Dublin get a bit of momentum it'll be hard for Mayo to get the initiative back. Dublin still for me, because they're still physically the stronger and it'll tell in time. But they'll need a goal.
I think your half time comment is bang on and in this context we should place the win.  They destroyed the ai champions and whilst they ran out of steam, they closed it out and that's all that counts. They moved on well from the mortimergate Saga. I think the two best performing managers this year have guided their teams to the final.

horan and mcguinness running tings.

great to see donegal and mayo contesting the final. who'dah thunk it. 

Mayo Mick

Along expected lines though made it tough for ourselves with missed goal chances. Only 3 weeks to end of famine.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Syferus

Much easier to fool the enemy on return journey; most inebriated on natural and unnatural highs. No singing. Yet.

Minder

What was O'Rourke talking about after the game when he said "Bernard Brogan became bigger than football and his football suffered" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnpower

Well done May.What a game. Not easy to win back to back titles.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Well done Mayo better team won on the day.............................. your physio should be ashamed of herself though

johnpower

THought that ref would call 3 extra minutes at the end and play 2.

From the Bunker

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 02, 2012, 07:16:31 PM
Well done Mayo better team won on the day.............................. your physio should be ashamed of herself though

Why? What happened with the Physio?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Take Your Points on September 02, 2012, 07:40:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2012, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 02, 2012, 07:16:31 PM

Why? What happened with the Physio?

She spent more time on the field than Alan Brogan!

Well that was not long then.

Rossfan

Well done Mayowr , best team on the day but made heavy weather of the last quarter and looked like ye were going to blow it.
Some display in the 10 minutes or so each side of half time , some mighty points and great deliveries to the forwards.
Dublin were a shadow of the hungry team of last year but still fought back well and with more help from McQuillan might have snaked it.
Great save by Clarke to save the day.
For Farrandeelin's benefit - I pity the poor people of West Roscommon who will have to listen to some spoutin for the next three weeks and God knows how many weeks after. ??? :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM
Mayos to lose on todays evidence.
Discuss.

Jez, Jinxy are you psychic?

seafoid

Great stuff from james horan. Progress from last year and now they are 70 minutes from 1951. A storming last 5 mins could blow donegal away. 4 all irelands between them. Surely they can do it.

ross matt

Congrats Mayo. Great game. I agree with Hardy's analysis that they tired in the 2nd half rather than panicked. It showed bottle to hold on to the lead and nail those last 2 points at the end (not to mention Barry Moran's brilliant catch). Plus Dublin showed have been down to 14 players for the 2nd half. Dublin improved when the subs came on. They should have started. Not a good day for Gilroy.

It promises to be a great final between two counties that have both great supporters. Donegal will be favourites and Mayo players and supporters wont be as hyped as the other finals. This is nicely set up for them and I really think they can do it.