Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadence

Quote from: borderfox on August 05, 2012, 09:19:34 PM
Great performance again from Donegal. Incredible intensity and deserved winners. Head and shoulders above everybody else in Ulster, Fingers crossed you will be celebrating success in late September.

nice one borderfox. a heroic level of effort, and you could argue an even more difficult task of learning new ways to get us to the point of performing at this level. unfuckenreal.   

borderfox

Absolutely. f**k the begrudgers, enjoy your success.  ;)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

cadence

Quote from: borderfox on August 05, 2012, 09:45:30 PM
Absolutely. f**k the begrudgers, enjoy your success.  ;)

thank you, and will do!

orangeman

Well done Donegal. Pulsating game in the end after Kerry hit their purple patch in the last few minutes.

Donegal got a good slice of luck with their goal but there was nothing lucky about some of their scores especially from Mc Fadden.

Kerry forwards just couldn't handle the presure cooker environment and the amount of bodies. 15 players behind the ball at one stage today. The number of Donegal turnovers was incredible.

Mc Guinness doesn't care, nor does the team or supporters what it looks like - he's there to win. It's a results based industry as the saying goes.

Cork up next - that will be some tussle.

Cork will not be looking forward to it. But I am.

rrhf

Cracking game, credit to Kerry for their efforts and  the comeback, and delighted for this brilliant Donegal team. Fantastic game which is hopefully the intensity with which Gaelic football will be played at in the future. Well done all. Was allowed  out to the pub just to watch the 100m final. Had 3 pints in 10 seconds. UP bolt

Fuzzman

What's with some of the Kerry lads wearing their other teams jersies inside out. Just watching Sunday game now and that's at least twice now Star has done it. He took his goal well today & played a lot better than some of his team-mates. Was Spillane or Brolly on earlier?

sans pessimism

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2012, 11:44:27 PM
What's with some of the Kerry lads wearing their other teams jersies inside out. Just watching Sunday game now and that's at least twice now Star has done it. He took his goal well today & played a lot better than some of his team-mates. Was Spillane or Brolly on earlier?
No thank f**k
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2012, 11:44:27 PM

Don't think there is any badness in it, just a from hygene point of view the inside of the jersey would be very sweaty.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on August 05, 2012, 05:42:14 PM
I'm not from Kerry obviously, but the anti-Kerry stuff from a lot of Ulster posters on this board is a pain in the arse

I suppose when you have Kerry officials asking for crowd segregation at a club game because an Ulster team is involved, it kinda rubs many Ulster people up the wrong way. Added to this the attitude that negativity is an Ulster trait and that Kerry are the custodians of pure clean beautiful football, and it's not hard to see why Kerry aren't overly worshiped in Ulster.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Orchardman on August 05, 2012, 08:32:44 PM
Quote from: under the bar on August 05, 2012, 08:07:51 PM
I'd expect the Kerry players who celebrated wildly in the faces of Tyrone players as if they'd already won the AI feel pretty silly now.   Karma.

kerry were dead right to celebrate after beating tyrone, played lovely football. There would be 31 miserable counties every year if no team could celebrate a win until the final
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

spuds

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 06, 2012, 01:27:25 AM
I'm not from Kerry obviously, but the anti-Kerry stuff from a lot of Ulster posters on this board is a pain in the arse

I suppose when you have Kerry officials asking for crowd segregation at a club game because an Ulster team is involved, it kinda rubs many Ulster people up the wrong way. Added to this the attitude that negativity is an Ulster trait and that Kerry are the custodians of pure clean beautiful football, and it's not hard to see why Kerry aren't overly worshiped in Ulster.
Ah will you quit with the auld sourness and cheer the f*$k up. Go out there and live a little.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Nally Stand

Quote from: spuds on August 06, 2012, 01:33:21 AM

Ah will you quit with the auld sourness and cheer the f*$k up. Go out there and live a little.

Sour? It's my first comment on the thread. I'm just responding to a sour comment from tubberman and trying to help him see why many in Ulster don't revere Kerry in the way other do. So relax. And don't be so sour.  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 06, 2012, 01:43:37 AM
Quote from: spuds on August 06, 2012, 01:33:21 AM

Sour? It's my first comment on the thread. I'm just responding to a sour comment from tubberman and trying to help him see why many in Ulster don't revere Kerry in the way other do. So relax. And don't be so sour.  ;)

Kerry are great so they are.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Seamus

Congrats to Donegal, the better team won. Because of that the loss will rest easily on the physique. Hopefully now they will go all the way. intriguing how Cork will cope with the Donegal system if they find themselves in the same circumstance.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

To those anti Kerry people try and get over this success hatred syndrome. Come join us when we do actually lose, which is often, you may even come to like us. I really believe ye have the problem.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".