Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Very intense stuff. Not so much jumping about and emotional speeches today.

Chimley

Why are TV3and some posters talking about a square ball. I thought that rule was done away with except from free kicks????????

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on August 05, 2012, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: kuht on August 05, 2012, 05:45:11 PM
alot of posters on this board hold grudges on kerry , winning too much all-irelands i suppose

Mayo have had more bad days against Kerry than anyone, but there isn't the same level of bitterness.

Sure we even like Meath now.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

J OGorman

Lads, let's not let northerm bias cloud how truly awful donegal are making football to watch. Teams are having to fight fire with fire when playing forenenst them. The semi will be the same etc etc

In all serious I'd never have thought I'd be cheering against donegal, but the Jim McGuinness version has done it for me

BennyCake

Quote from: Tubberman on August 05, 2012, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: kuht on August 05, 2012, 05:45:11 PM
alot of posters on this board hold grudges on kerry , winning too much all-irelands i suppose

Mayo have had more bad days against Kerry than anyone, but there isn't the same level of bitterness.

Yes, but wait until you beat them a couple of times in the championship. Then you'll see what Kerry are like.

kuht

QuoteMayo have had more bad days against Kerry than anyone, but there isn't the same level of bitterness.

fair point not sure what it is so  ???

tyronefan

Quote from: J OGorman on August 05, 2012, 05:48:49 PM
Lads, let's not let northerm bias cloud how truly awful donegal are making football to watch. Teams are having to fight fire with fire when playing forenenst them. The semi will be the same etc etc

In all serious I'd never have thought I'd be cheering against donegal, but the Jim McGuinness version has done it for me

Here we go again, as soon as Kerry are beaten we get the usual stuff.  puke football from ulster  blaa  blaa

kuht

QuoteHere we go again, as soon as Kerry are beaten we get the usual stuff.  puke football from ulster  blaa  blaa

Here we go again, as soon as Kerry are beaten we get the usual stuff. bottlers blah blah cant handle ulster teams blah blah divers blah finished team blah

From the Bunker

Quote from: Chimley on August 05, 2012, 05:48:18 PM
Why are TV3and some posters talking about a square ball. I thought that rule was done away with except from free kicks????????

Yes Mayo and Cork got similar goals in their games. Totally confused by the new rules!  ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Jazuz they are talking about famines on radio kerry  :o
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: tyronefan on August 05, 2012, 05:50:58 PM
Here we go again, as soon as Kerry are beaten we get the usual stuff.  puke football from ulster  blaa  blaa

Its not just folks from the other provinces calling it what it is!
i usse an speelchekor

trileacman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 05, 2012, 05:47:32 PM
Pity Donegal won.

I just don't like Donegal's style. Effective yes, but very dirty.

[Oh and I'm an Ulsterman]

Same, would normally relish a Donegal victory over big opposition but they play football by numbers, it is not enjoyable. It's all about grinding out a victory, for 60 minutes that match was an cure for insomnia.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Collins

Nothing against Kerry really. If I hadnt have backed Donegal I'd have been cheering them (Kerry) on. But even if I was cheering them on, I'd still have the brains and the eyesight to know the ref today (who is "southern" unless you live in an alternate universe where the boarder doesn't exist) was clearly biassed towards them.

They are a superb side, always produce the best footballers to watch and have some beautiful spots in their county. Really friendly people too. I love going down there.

There are a few things that do annoy me about Kerry football though.

One would be the myth perpetuated by the media and Kerrymen themselves that they are somehow the Brazil or Barcelona of the GAA. They are not and haven't been for over 20 years. They play a defensive, negative, nasty, cynical game too, but just don't do it as well as the Tyrone's and Donegal's. I asked McGeeney about 8 years ago who was the hardest team he faced. Expecting him to say Tyrone, he said Kerry. He said Kerry are a very clever team, not to mention easily the hardest hitting team he faced. He told me that the next time I watch Kerry, look out for how many times their full forward line deliberately fouls the opposition to stop them counter attacking, but do it in such a way the ref won't tick or book them.

The second would be that after all the years of Kerrymen slabbering about defensive northern sides coming down and not playing proper football, playing puke football, ruining the game yada yada yada, they then turn to the same tactics and don't say a word. They act as if they don't do it at all and that we're all seeing things.

Thirdly, yes they have had the best teams and most All Irelands etc, but the way the draw favours them every year is a joke and how refs tend to favour them above other sides (not just Ulter teams) leaves a sour taste sometimes. They play in a shocking province, with one team to beat year in year out. And even then they are seeded to get to their provincial final, as if they needed any help! Same goes for Cork.

All in all though I like to watch them play more than any other county other than my own.

Brick Tamlin

ye give Down supporters a bad name...a gabshite of the highest order.

Chimley

Marty Duffy is not a southerner. He's a westerner.