Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: johnpower on August 02, 2012, 10:47:01 PM
Such nonsense posted.anway about the game not feeling as confident about this one donegal seem to be some serious outfit.I expect a real tight low scoring match.safe trip to all

Reckon it will be tight and low scoring also. Reckon also Donegal may have gone easy in the league game earlier this year (may have been disqualified had it been badminton) and I reckon Gallagher is at the mind games about a high scoring affair.

Reminds me an awful lot of Tyrone in 03. I think it was Kieran Shannon who wrote that Kerry prepared for a shoot out and found themselves in a dog fight.

Hopefully right will prevail, but I fear Donegal will win.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

yellowcard

Sunday will be a true test of Kerrys mettle against the northern teams. Beating a Tyrone team this year was like beating the Kerry team of 1990, a team past their sell by date. Donegal whilst not near the level of the Tyrone team of the 00's, will play at an intensity that Kerry will not be used to. Kerry undoubtedly have the better players but will they have the stomach for a battle? The caution and negative tactics of Jack of O'Connor could be their undoing. If they play their best players further up the field I can only see one winner. If not this is an arm wrestle that Donegal could well win.

CorkMan

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 10:32:24 PM
Corkman or is that a misnomer,is there a correlation between lack of humour and tool or is it a cork thing.you have a varied vocab i see,gobshite and tool, soooooooo impresive,me soooooo hurt  :'(  8).

Varying vocab wouldn't be considered impressive in Cork, don't know about Kerry.

BTW, I'd say, based on the way you're slagging off other counties, you're fairly worried about this game Sunday. Can't think of anything positive to say about your own county so you try to bring down the teams expected to win Sunday.

donegal lad

Anyone looking for ticket for Sunday let me know have 1 spare for the cusack stand cost €30 but will negotiate on price

mlcollins

Listen corkboy you're obviously a sad individual,Worry about yere own game,we can look after our own,my god it's like conversing with a 6 year old and do you know what they would have more sense,anyway to come down to your level,i hope ye lose langer,LOL.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2012, 12:11:54 PM
Sunday will be a true test of Kerrys mettle against the northern teams. Beating a Tyrone team this year was like beating the Kerry team of 1990, a team past their sell by date. Donegal whilst not near the level of the Tyrone team of the 00's, will play at an intensity that Kerry will not be used to. Kerry undoubtedly have the better players but will they have the stomach for a battle? The caution and negative tactics of Jack of O'Connor could be their undoing. If they play their best players further up the field I can only see one winner. If not this is an arm wrestle that Donegal could well win.

Would say that Tyrone were a team in transition more than past their sell by - this will be he Tyrone 3.0 that Mickey Harte has managed so I'd give him more time. That out of the way, Kerry demolished Tyrone, but they will not get it anywhere as easy against Donegal...Donegal have taken the defensive elements of Tyrone and the attacking style of Dublin, in parts and ave been moulded into as formidable team as there has been this last 10 years. Donegal will be hard to beat and my view is that the response of the Kerry team after the Tyrone victory could see kerry peaking too soon.

Should be a cracker regardless
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

donegal_abu

excitement is building!!! can't wait to get on the road tomorrow morning... counting the hours to 4 o'clock now.. see you all up there ! DÚN NA NGALL ABÚ

From the Bunker

A lot of Donegals high expectation was based on how well they dispensed of Down in the Ulster final. Today's result between Down and Mayo brings a bit of perspective to that result.

cadence

J OGorman

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 04, 2012, 01:32:59 PM

Would say that Tyrone were a team in transition more than past their sell by - this will be he Tyrone 3.0 that Mickey Harte has managed so I'd give him more time. That out of the way, Kerry demolished Tyrone, but they will not get it anywhere as easy against Donegal...Donegal have taken the defensive elements of Tyrone and the attacking style of Dublin, in parts and ave been moulded into as formidable team as there has been this last 10 years. Donegal will be hard to beat and my view is that the response of the Kerry team after the Tyrone victory could see kerry peaking too soon.

Mon now. Donegal have been in one semi-final of late and were beaten by the only team to have played the Jim McGuinness Donegal @ their own game. Let's not get too carried away

Orchardman

Looking forward to this game more than any other in the last few years. Hope donegal can do it.

Surely kerry and donegal are the 2 nicest counties in ireland for a wee holiday

armaghniac

Hopefully this game will exceed some other recent games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ard-Rí

Really looking forward to this one. A real test for both these teams.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Collins

Donegal win by 1 or 2 points

Cant stand them but have my money on them

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: J OGorman on August 05, 2012, 12:33:19 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on August 04, 2012, 01:32:59 PM

Mon now. Donegal have been in one semi-final of late and were beaten by the only team to have played the Jim McGuinness Donegal @ their own game. Let's not get too carried away

appreciate what you say there - watched them a few times this year, and I think they have made the transition into a formidable team...will know at 6.00 how formidable
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye