Mayo V Down- All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by Sam2011, July 28, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Great commanding display by Mayo, 3-18 is a great score so obviously not missing any forwards no longer on the panel. Down looked clueless but all credit to Mayo. They'll give the semi a good rattle.

From the Bunker

I hear Moran is not supposed to be not as bad as first thought! We'll see.

Anyone hear how Mayo Juniors did across the sea v Lancashire today?

moysider

Quote from: Collins on August 04, 2012, 06:35:04 PM
Painful. Thank fcuk its over.  :'(

Well done Mayo, but I hope you boys don't underestimate just how pathetic we were today. As better preparation for the semi you would have been better having a game amongst yourselves.

I can empathise with your pain but the rest is bullshit. If one of the big shots beat ye fair and square would ye be feeling so sorry for yerselves. I doubt it, Just cause its Mayo it can be explained away by saying ye were shite and therefore we didn t have to be much good?

But we were very good today - I doubt anybody else would have won as easily - apart from conceding 2 shite goals. We should have won by more. Mayo put Down to the sword. If Down were let they would have played. End of.

I m proud of that Mayo performance. We passed the test in the first half and pressed on. I m glad we won easily against one of the noble counties. We ve been on the recieving end in the past - like Cork 93 - and its not nice. But the easy way out sometimes is to turn on you re own and say they were shite.

I m glad it wasn t a tight game cause they can be lost. The next game will have a mind of its own as well and today will have no bearing and it wouldn t if we were more pushed either. We know what we have. That win will give us confidence that a scrap wouldn t. And some of our players needed a boost.

Now that its over we have to look ahead. We ll  have a chance again the next day but the loss of Andy is massive. We could have done without that but f**k it that s sport.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2012, 06:56:22 PM

What's the word? Does he still has a shot at featuring in the semi?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2012, 07:03:53 PM

Twisted knee, i hear. But it's all hearsay!

Full Time Score in All Ireland Junior Semi Final Mayo 2-14 Lancashire 0-11.

Good day for The Heather County!

moysider

It didnt look good but it may not have been the cruciate. Angle the knee went at would cause cartilage displacement and probable damage to the medial ligament anyway. And that would be best case scenario! But you never know. He might have dodged a bullet. Fair play to Seán Moffatt for not messing about.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Mayo was winning 2.14 to 0.11 with 5 to go last I heard
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

DownFanatic

As expected the usual 'Down players have no pride' and 'James must go' shite has started. I don't think we can be too harsh on that Down team. Today was a day when it didn't go right for us. Just one of those things.

Looking at it, we have had a very good three years under Wee James. An All Ireland Final appearance, Division 1 status retention and an All Ireland Quarter Final spot today. Let's be honest. The group of players that we have at our disposal at the moment are an honest and hardworking group. They aren't in the mould of some of the more stellar squads in the past. To get to the last eight this year was a massive achievement. Having to work without the likes of the two Clarkes, Fitzpatrick, McComiskey and Mooney had us handicapped from the start.

Id like to see Wee James stay on. We are no way in a crisis and probably just need to work on our defensive frailities and start playing to a system. We are a decent side and I still think an Ulster title isn't too far away.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 04, 2012, 07:16:25 PM

Mayo was winning 2.14 to 0.11 with 5 to go last I heard

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2012, 07:13:43 PM

How long would a knee take to untwist itself if that was the issue?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 04, 2012, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 04, 2012, 07:13:43 PM

How long would a knee take to untwist itself if that was the issue?

I was thinking that myself. Really if he is say out for a month, sure it's the same to us as six months!

Cosmo Kramer

I suppose if it was a month or less, we'd only have to try and win one game without him, rather than two.

Our much criticised corner forwards deserve praise today. Weakest part of our team we thought, they scored 3-1 between them...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on August 04, 2012, 07:52:06 PM
I suppose if it was a month or less, we'd only have to try and win one game without him, rather than two.

Our much criticised corner forwards deserve praise today. Weakest part of our team we thought, they scored 3-1 between them...

Under Horan, Full Forward line means goals. Conroy won alot of Ball. Ball into him was good. Conroy is still off the boil with his point scoring. jez if he could hit club form, t'wood be great. But his confidence is rising.

Cosmo Kramer

Mayo GAA twitter saying Moran is currently having a scan. No results expected tonight - or not that they'll be announcing publicly anyway.

Syferus

Hopefully we'll see him playing again this year, both Mayo and Ballagh have real shots at going places this year.

Putting loyalties aside I think it's safe to say everyone in the area is emmensely proud of the player and the man Andy is.