Ulster Final on big screen at Belfast City Hall

Started by T Fearon, July 22, 2012, 07:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Watched the second half at Belfast City Hall today.Very impressed,sound clearly audible,and a few chairs laid out, though not too many,with BT sponsors name thereon.Crowd was surprisingly smallish, and relatively subdued,though that could have been due to the fact that Donegal supporters didn't travel. St John's Ambulance people there as well as stewards,no aggro from non GAA orientated Belfast citizens and overall a good idea which hopefully will become permanent.

theticklemister

Quote from: T Fearon on July 22, 2012, 07:59:25 PM
Watched the second half at Belfast City Hall today.Very impressed,sound clearly audible,and a few chairs laid out, though not too many,with BT sponsors name thereon.Crowd was surprisingly smallish, and relatively subdued,though that could have been due to the fact that Donegal supporters didn't travel. St John's Ambulance people there as well as stewards,no aggro from non GAA orientated Belfast citizens and overall a good idea which hopefully will become permanent.

Maybe this is just me...................but I couldn't find a worse way to watch a match. Give me a 14' portable with me da and the uncles in the upper room any day.

T Fearon

Smaller crowd than I expected,but it worked well.Would have been improved with a bit of sunshine,and a good mix of followers from both teams adding a bit of noise,instead of polite applause as was the case.Nevertheless it is well worth repeating.

theticklemister

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2012, 07:22:59 AM
Smaller crowd than I expected,but it worked well.Would have been improved with a bit of sunshine,and a good mix of followers from both teams adding a bit of noise,instead of polite applause as was the case.Nevertheless it is well worth repeating.

Are ye sure ye are not getting mixed up with last week and ye were actually watching the Wimbledon final in the city centre???

ziggysego

Why would you travel from Armagh to Belfast, ro watch the match on a big screen outside City Hall? Would you not have went to Clones, or failing that, watched it at home?
Testing Accessibility

theticklemister

Tony there is a pic in the Irish News of the people watching the match...........which wan is you!!!!!!

sheamy

Suffering jasus, how is that ever gonna work?! Any man there is clearly so much under the thumb that he has to take the missus shopping just to get seeing the game. Free drink was the only way to get a crowd to that.

Onlooker

Watched the second half at Belfast City Hall today.Very impressed,sound clearly audible,and a few chairs laid out, though not too many,with BT sponsors name thereon.Crowd was surprisingly smallish, and relatively subdued,though that could have been due to the fact that Donegal supporters didn't travel.
Why would anyone travel from Donegal to Belfast to watch the Ulster Final on a big screen instead of going to Clones to see the match live.

ONeill

Quote from: theticklemister on July 23, 2012, 10:55:07 AM
Tony there is a pic in the Irish News of the people watching the match...........which wan is you!!!!!!

Sitting beside the empty KFC baragin bucket.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: Onlooker on July 23, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
Watched the second half at Belfast City Hall today.Very impressed,sound clearly audible,and a few chairs laid out, though not too many,with BT sponsors name thereon.Crowd was surprisingly smallish, and relatively subdued,though that could have been due to the fact that Donegal supporters didn't travel.
Why would anyone travel from Donegal to Belfast to watch the Ulster Final on a big screen instead of going to Clones to see the match live.

Nobody with any sense would. But this is Tony Fearon. And he has form as regards wrong place, wrong time.

norabeag

Quote from: Gazzler on July 23, 2012, 11:02:44 AM
More Ulster shite.
Cul Camp rained off today? Don't u get a wee coloring in set to be getting on with if the weather is bad

T Fearon

Actually had two standing tickets for Clones yesterday but standing at my age is a health risk.So Mrs Fearon wanted to go shopping in Belfast so I thought I'd avail of the opportunity to watch the first ever live screening of the Ulster Final al fresco in central Belfast,in what was not so long ago a bastion of unionism, as much for the novelty as anything else.My comment about the non appearance of Donegal supporters was in fact tongue in cheek.
Expected a much bigger crowd and a much better atmosphere,instead of a crowd of about 50, greeting every Down score with polite applause.All very subdued I have to say, and not half as boisterous as the proms which I attended at the same venue 3 or 4 years ago.Still I think this venture has mileage, and would have benefitted yesterday from a much bigger crowd with both counties supporters represented, a bit of sunshine and a more closely fought game.Would go again definitely though.

theticklemister

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2012, 05:56:46 PM
Actually had two standing tickets for Clones yesterday but standing at my age is a health risk.So Mrs Fearon wanted to go shopping in Belfast so I thought I'd avail of the opportunity to watch the first ever live screening of the Ulster Final al fresco in central Belfast,in what was not so long ago a bastion of unionism, as much for the novelty as anything else.My comment about the non appearance of Donegal supporters was in fact tongue in cheek.
Expected a much bigger crowd and a much better atmosphere,instead of a crowd of about 50, greeting every Down score with polite applause.All very subdued I have to say, and not half as boisterous as the proms which I attended at the same venue 3 or 4 years ago.Still I think this venture has mileage, and would have benefitted yesterday from a much bigger crowd with both counties supporters represented, a bit of sunshine and a more closely fought game.Would go again definitely though.

Tony this has to be a fecking wind up?????

Proms; gentle applause at scores; sitting in the middle of Belfast city centre, etc............... Tony you sure ye aren't a Tory???

Tony the Tory!

T Fearon

Listen! if it's free I'll be there! If I remember correctly Altan performed at the Proms that night,and some big woman from Cork,so it wasnt all quintessentially British!