Kildare v Sligo

Started by Dinny Breen, July 22, 2012, 11:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 27, 2012, 09:45:56 AM
Quote from: emmetryan on July 26, 2012, 03:07:23 PM
I've put together a tactical preview here for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=6035

Very worried that you might be right Emmet. Kildare really need to up it several gears or we will be beaten.
I wonder for how much longer the 'full swarm defence' will be a feature of the game. What will fuball look like in 2022?

Denn Forever

Remember the days when coming back from injury you'd be given an easy run out at corner forward?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 28, 2012, 01:56:18 PM
Remember the days when coming back from injury you'd be given an easy run out at corner forward?

No team now can afford to carry a passenger on the team, your either fully fit or on the bench. Most corner backs are very fast so you would be shown up if you aren't 100% fit running for a 50/50 ball, ff is different as its more direct high ball, not relying totally on fitness.

mylestheslasher

Best of luck to Sligo today, hoping my adopted county can do the business that my own county couldn't. A lot will depend on whether they were able to get their act together to focus on this game after the disappointment of losing the connacht final. If they don't it could be another result like against Down a few yrs back in Breffni.

Syferus

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 28, 2012, 03:25:55 PM
Best of luck to Sligo today, hoping my adopted county can do the business that my own county couldn't. A lot will depend on whether they were able to get their act together to focus on this game after the disappointment of losing the connacht final. If they don't it could be another result like against Down a few yrs back in Breffni.

That was a six-day turnaround from a Connacht final where they were favoured to win for the first time in their history. Losing a tight one to a nationally rated Mayo team and having two weeks to recover, nevermind that previous experience, should mean whatever happens today should have next to nothing to with the Connacht final.

mylestheslasher

It shouldn't have a bearing but doesn't mean it won't.

joemamas

is this game on tv or rte website

drici

Richiej

If Kildare win tonight they will draw Dublin in the quarter final. It's the only potential draw that would comand a full house at Croke park. The Gaa don't want Kerry and Dublin meeting at the quarters stage . It's too early. So it's the dubs I'm afraid!

maigheo

Quote from: Richiej on July 28, 2012, 06:03:47 PM
If Kildare win tonight they will draw Dublin in the quarter final. It's the only potential draw that would comand a full house at Croke park. The Gaa don't want Kerry and Dublin meeting at the quarters stage . It's too early. So it's the dubs I'm afraid!
could we please give these fixed draw theories a rest.They are getting tiresome at this stage and until some body comes up with proof, I do not think anybody wants to hear about it.

Man of Kent

Kildare all over Sligo! 10 Mins. gone. One way traffic!

maigheo

kildare 0.06 sligo 0.01  15 min gone

maigheo

sligo in big trouble here even tho they will have the strong breeze in the second half.down by 8  to 2.The ref getting a slatting on Ocean fm.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: maigheo on July 28, 2012, 07:04:08 PM
sligo in big trouble here even tho they will have the strong breeze in the second half.down by 8  to 2.The ref getting a slatting on Ocean fm.

Whos the ref?

maigheo

David Golderick.  HT kildare 0.08  Sligo 0.03.