All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Arrah, my predictions are great, ain't they?

Plenty of lads will be going on to u21 over the next two years with something to prove after this year's minor championship.

Hardy

Dublin are a real football team. They pulled it out when it mattered. Jim Stynes was on their last minor team to win it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ard-Rí on September 23, 2012, 02:38:53 PM
Well done to Dublin, answered the questions when they were put to them in the second half. The best team by far throughout the game.
Horrible refereeing, just desperate.

What did the ref do. Meath lost because they put 14 men behind the ball in the 1st half and made no attempt to attack.

Ard-Rí

I agree, but he booked five Meath lads in a game where there was hardly a dirty tackle, not to mention frees given questionably throughout the game to both Meath & Dublin.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Canalman

Delighted . Makes up big time for the bitter disappointment (from a Dublin perspective) that was last year's final.Great to see Costello get a medal after his 4th final.
Hard luck to the Meath lads.

agorm

Well done Dublin. Best team all year. one thing for sure, Dublin wont be waiting another 28 years for their next minor championship.

thejuice

Well this seemed like it was only going to end one way from the start. All well defending as a team but a bit short of ideas going forward. Some absolutely suicidal and unnessesary handpassing just exasperated the challenge we faced.

Ah well at least we know there is something of a decent team coming through.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross4life

Poor tactics by Meath throughout the game even when they scored the penalty it didn't light the spark to push on. Well done to the dubs fine achievement of winning two underage titles this year & deserved to win both.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

thejuice

As much as our tactics weren't great to look at, we had to try something different after the hammering in the Leinster final.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

nrico2006

Quote from: agorm on September 23, 2012, 04:34:30 PM
Well done Dublin. Best team all year. one thing for sure, Dublin wont be waiting another 28 years for their next minor championship.

Why not?  Winning an All Ireland title one year doesn't mean you are suddenly going to win them regularly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Declan

Well done to the baby Dubs. Poor enough game but any all-ireland win is to be treasured

Hound

Quote from: Declan on September 24, 2012, 09:52:55 AM
Well done to the baby Dubs. Poor enough game but any all-ireland win is to be treasured
Yeah, delighted with the win. That was quite a famine ended. I wonder how many different counties have won a minor All Ireland since our previous one??

Meath did tremendously well to come back and reach an All Ireland final after the disappointment of the no-show in the Leinster final. People giving out about their tactics, but to be still in the game with 10 minutes left is an indication that Plan A actually worked. They just needed a little bit extra to kick on and win it, and it was Dublin who had that, but they certainly made it nervy for us.

Hardy

For me, and I'd say for most followers, apart from those directly involved, the minors are more about seeing prospects for the future than about winning the minor championship. From that point of view, it was an encouraging season for Meath. It was great to see skilful and big, strong, athletic, traditional Meath type footballers like Brian Power, Pádraic Harnan, Shane McEntee and Adam Flanagan manning the spine of the defence and midfield. I'd be a little concerned that no really top-class forward seemed to emerge, though Cillian O'Sullivan has plenty of ability and will improve with both physical and mental maturity and Fiachra Ward, though very quiet yesterday, had a good year and seems to be a proper footballer too.

Declan

Quotethough Cillian O'Sullivan has plenty of ability and will improve with both physical and mental maturity

Smashing hurler as well though I did hear that he was off to Oz to try his luck