All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royals12

how did it make things easy for dublin when tyrone, tipp and roscommon were knocked out? the way people say that you'd think those teams nearly just chose to lose, They were beaten by better teams!! that tyrone team is very good yet meath get little or no credit for beating them, especially after losing the leinster final and then to beat a team like tyrone two weeks later. meath being 7/1 is a mad price and i think it will be alot closer than people think.

ross4life

Quote from: royals12 on September 19, 2012, 11:21:19 PM
how did it make things easy for dublin when tyrone, tipp and roscommon were knocked out? the way people say that you'd think those teams nearly just chose to lose, They were beaten by better teams!! that tyrone team is very good yet meath get little or no credit for beating them, especially after losing the leinster final and then to beat a team like tyrone two weeks later. meath being 7/1 is a mad price and i think it will be alot closer than people think.

Roscommon weren't beaten by a better team we beat ourselves. I agree crazy odds i can't remember odds that long for any All Ireland final even longer odds than we were in the U21 final this year  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

I don't think it can be over-stated how much better than Kerry we were over the 60 minutes. I literally never have seen a team lose a match with so much of the possession, the scoring opportunities and the defensive play we put in. Tipp would have had the belief you need to beat a Dublin, Tyrone I think weren't terribly great shakes this year and Meath's victory over them was probably a good representation of where they ranked.

The question we have to ask is what has really changed since the end of July? Have Meath suddenly got 13 points better? If they answer is no then the odds are mostly justified when you make allowance for the fact all Dublin's teams are always over-rated in betting stakes because so much of the money that moves the scales is in the county.

royals12

i think meath have improved since the leinster final, its interesting that brian cody talked to them the other day, hopefully it will have a good affect on them. i actually think we will win.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: royals12 on September 19, 2012, 11:21:19 PM

Well said royals12. There were lots on here in particular lauding Tyrone saying they would be a match for Dublin if they met. However Meath beat them and subsequently beat our boys. Hopefully it will be a good game for us neutrals.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Onlooker

The 3 provincial champions all losing in the quarter finals had to make it easier for Dublin, as they were then the only unbeaten team left in the semi finals.   There is no doubt at all that Roscommon were a better team than Kerry and it is hard to understand how they managed to lose that game, but these things happen sometimes.  I am sure they would have tested Dublin in the semi final.  I like to think that Tipp would have given Dublin a tough game if they had met them as well.  I expect Meath to do OK as they are a better team than they looked in the Leinster Final, but it is a very big gap that they have to close.  Good luck to them anyway, but I don't expect Dublin to be beaten.

Blowitupref

HT Dublin 0-7 Meath 0-2 hopefully improved 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Meath will have to open up now but they just don't have the scorers to chase Dublin. They needed Ward to bury that early goal chance in all reality.

Hardy

We're only five behind. We're a second-half team.

We'll need to spend a few minutes here and there in their half, though.

mylestheslasher

So the negative football so loved by Jim Mcguinness makes its way to an minor all Ireland final. Worst minor final that I can remember but at least the architects of this negative game are getting what they deserve.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2012, 02:20:15 PM
Shooting has been horrible.

Dublin shooting the last few minutes has been excellent probably the difference between the sides.

Blowitupref

Disappointing game Dublin's long wait for a minor title is over. FT Dublin 0-14 Meath 1-5

Ard-Rí

Well done to Dublin, answered the questions when they were put to them in the second half. The best team by far throughout the game.
Horrible refereeing, just desperate.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí