Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Kieran Donaghy is a serious mouth as well, always slabbering and getting involved in things he has no call to be near, ah well i suppose thats the tyrone in him
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ONeill

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 22, 2012, 09:02:50 AM
Kieran Donaghy is a serious mouth as well, always slabbering and getting involved in things he has no call to be near, ah well i suppose thats the tyrone in him

Donaghy's reaction to scoring a couple of points off a 19-year-old rookie was a bit manic. Imagine the Bomber doing that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Leave it, it's over, take yer disappointment on the chin.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2012, 09:05:50 AM

Donaghy's reaction to scoring a couple of points off a 19-year-old rookie was a bit manic. Imagine the Bomber doing that.

I'd say it was more a release of built up frustration o' neill . He has had a bad season to date but yesterday he played well.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Whishtup

Quote from: brogin41 on July 21, 2012, 11:33:27 PM
Woobler and O'Neill, just cop on!  Watch the match again without your rose coloured glasses on!!  Take your beating!!  If you were really watching the match today you would have seen who were the instigators of most of the off the ball instances, but as we can see you were not there!!! Those of us who were at the match, it was embarrassing for the real Tyrone supporters when their players couldn't do the job and resorted to their thuggery as usual.
That aside well done to Kerry today, they showed what they are made of and played Tyrone at their own game and they couldn't deal with it!!
And to finish with you all have no idea how to lose with dignity!!!!
The Tyrone team finished today with dignity, Micky Harte gave a very good after match interview!  You could all do with a little dose of what they have.
Ciarraí abú

Jaysus, things move slowly in Kerry-I heard that phrase several times in the crowd yesterday and thought I had been teleported back to 2003-has time stood still for Kerry since?  Either that or ye take Everything that Spillane says as gospel.   Tyrone have been very disciplined of late.  I was at the game and I was proud of the effort of the Tyrone players against a cynical but better Kerry team and a scary crowd.  They just weren't good enough on the day.
Cynicism does not suit this Tyrone team as they showed what they can do when they play football against Armagh and Roscommon so it was foolish to get drawn into it. 
I would fancy Kerry to go all the way now that the monkey is gone!

Dinny Breen

Coldrick is a shit referee.
#newbridgeornowhere

haranguerer

Coldrick made mistakes, but given the standard of refereeing in general (influenced in a large part by how hard it is to referee a lot of these games) around today, I thought he did try to use commonsense. It may have deserted him when giving mcguigan a red card (a ticking would probably have done, mebbe a yellow) but conor gormley was on the edge for a long time and could easily have walked, ricey had a player by the throat and also could (should?) have went.

In relation to the basketball style sanctions, its amusing imo to see a tyrone man calling for those particular ones. I'm not sure how workable any of it would be (probably not at all), but I always thought it was great in basketball that if you were fouled but scored anyway, you got the score and your free. If there was some variation of that that could be introduced it would basically be a reward for staying on your feet, and cut out any going down easily etc. Probably unworkable, but just musing...

Aaron Boone

Interesting that Coldrick was the ref in all 3 of Tyrone's defeats in 2012.

rrhf

We had 2 men with 30 minutes inter county football behind them starting yesterday a sure sign Harte recognised the problems.  I'd imagine next year if tyrone are serious about winning an all ireland you will not see o Neill, mulligan, gormley, mc menamin, cavanagh,  Cassidy, Harte, pen rose, donnelly, Carlin and a few others near the first 15.  Needs a whole new start with bigger, more athletic harder working and better players. We have enough leaders to restart the revolution in mc mahon x 2, big Sean, Clarke. To me the big disappointment has been petie who needs to find a position or will slide into obscurity. Too much hype at the start of the year. But we will rebuild, I expect to see the form players in this years club championship taken on board, a raft of retirements also.  The players have done their bit, but need to be honest with themselves. Yesterday was nowhere near the 2003 team in terms of talent, so we needed to work harder and we hardly went for a break ball so that says it all.

Bud Wiser

The worst torture I have suffered watching a television in a pub for a long time. Foot = Ball?   Football my arse, supporters who travelled from Tyrone should have got their money back. You would think from some of the comments on here that it was a titanic battle betwen players whereas it was nothing short of a game of basketball and it wasn't even that because it was played for a large part across the filed as opposed to end to end. Then we had the 'Olay' soccer chant when a team held possesion, a big lanky Kerry forward standing in the square to dunk the ball in the net and then go absolutely wild like said soccer player when he scored a point that Brian Cowen would have scored. It's not often I go to the pub for a pint on a Saturday to sit down and watch a game of football as I have zero interest in soccer but by jesus I'll say this, it is the last time I will go to watch a game of Gaelic Football. It should be banned from TV altogether and they should only show hurling with the Minor and U21 matches on one week and the AI Championship on the next.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Shamrock Shore

Good man Bud. That's the spirit!

squire_in_navy_slacks

under the bar

best team won no doubt but worst referring performance in living memory.  he should not get another game this year.  did jack oconnor have photos of him in compromising positions?

rrhf

Fair play to Galvin his honesty shines through, from a Tyrone perspective we mustn't let them beat us in Croke park going forward. They would love that.

thewobbler

Quote from: under the bar on July 22, 2012, 11:04:42 AM
best team won no doubt but worst referring performance in living memory.  he should not get another game this year.  did jack oconnor have photos of him in compromising positions?
Sadly it wasn't even the worst refereeing performance this month. Monaghan vs Down was worse.