Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Excellent rrhf.
What does that crystal ball say about Saturdays' lotto numbers and what name should I call my son as we're still not sure.

Also, in your premonition, does Paidi O'Se punch any animals?

J OGorman

Quote from: cadence on July 19, 2012, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on July 19, 2012, 04:19:35 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 19, 2012, 08:38:47 AM
Quote from: cadence on July 19, 2012, 07:59:12 AM
unfortunately for tyrone, i doubt that the kerry team will be relying on the venue to see them through this one. they wouldn't be that stupid, would they?

"unfortunately"..."I doubt"...jesus what the f**k is it you Tymoan lads and this fixture...such manufactured bravado ..yet such doubt. How about nailing your colours to the mast and stop being the britboy pussies that we know you are ? Are you going to win or not ?

Up Tyrone...anything to shut this pollution up!

honestly. + there's no consideration whatsoever here for the post-modern perspective on the complexity of identity. which is a shame because 'tis handy to unpack and debunk stereotypes and all sorts of other nonsense.

honestly. you're backing a man who continuously offends his northern brothers and sisters and offers little to nothing discussion wise because I maybe dont like Donegal's style of play? head back over to the Ulster final thread and take all gripes against Donegal personally. Honestly?

Tyrone by 2 after extra time

Fuzzman

Interesting point POG
Maybe we should try to force it to extra time
Keep it at 0.00 v 0.00 til Full time
Then turn on the turbos and burn off them older heads in the sun

Looks like it's gonna be a nice day 2moro down there.
Staying dry on Saturday with some sunny spells. Highs of 17 to 20 degrees in moderate southwest winds.

rrhf

Cant make it and have no TV access.  I know the question has been asked about Does the TV3 website stream live to a Norn Iron ip address

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
FoSB - any chance of Brolly's article? I'll buy you a shandy.

Too kind sir!  ;)

Gooch can't choke again

The problem with this Kerry team is that they have always failed when it has really been put up to them.
Pat Spillane is very keen to point out that in the numbers game, they have more All-Irelands than Tyrone. But this disguises the reality that deep down in their bones, Kerry folk have always had doubts about this group.
They are, of course, fine foot- ballers and will retire with trophy cabinets sagging under the weight of gold. But at the very highest level, against serious opposition, they have always wilted.
The first hint that they were not on a par with the Golden Years crop came in 2003 when they collapsed entirely in the face of Tyrone's furi- ous indignation. "Sweet mother of Mikey Sheehy" they wailed in the Kingdom. "They're tackling Darragh O'Se!"
As the game wore on and it be- came plain that this particular Ty- rone team was not going to succumb to stage fright in the face of the green and gold jerseys, it was the Kerry men who gave up. It was a surrender that would have been un- thinkable for O'Dwyer's crew. For the record, Kerry scored a miserable six points and lost by seven.
In 2004, the Team of the Decade beat up a Conor Mortimer-inspired Mayo in the final, spraying cham- pagne midway through the first half after Colm Cooper scored a delight- ful goal having soloed through un- touched by human hand. Funny thing, I haven't seen Colm scoring a delightful goal against Tyrone in Croke Park, or any sort of goal.
Which brings me to another sub- ject that I have been reflecting upon anxiously over the last six months: Is Colm as great as I once- thought he was? The skills are of course peerless. He is magnificent when the Kingdom are beating up on Mayo or the old Cork team. But I am begin- ning to have my doubts.
I watched him closely in this year's club semi-final against Cross- maglen. Crokes went seven points up. He had not contributed. Then, Crossmaglen - against all the odds - began their comeback. Now, I thought to myself, now Cooper will ead them home. I waited, and wait- ed, and waited. In the face of Cross- maglen's furious indignation, the golden boy disappeared.
James Morgan, an aggressive, tight marking and hugely competi- tive corner back with no county ex- perience and aged just 21, utterly dominated him.
An American tourist would never have believed it if you'd told him The Gooch was one of the greats. If howver you'd told him he was a choker, he would have agreed, since that is what Colm did against Cross. As their key man floundered, so did his team mates.
When you think about it, there is a pattern.
When Tyrone put it up to him in 2005 and 2008 he failed. When Dublin put it up to him in last year's final, he failed, leaving it to Donaghy to lead the attack. Think on the other hand of how many times Mikey Sheehy, Bomber Liston or my good friend Pat turned games on their head. No quitters on that team.
In 2003, Tyrone put it up to them and Kerry wilted.
The next year, the Green and Gold were back to beat up Mayo in a one sided cakewalk. Let's be fair about it, they could have thrown their jerseys onto the field and Mayo would have surrendered.
In 2005, Tyrone put it up to them again and again the Kingdom quit after a great start saw them surge clear. It is typical of bullies that when a strong start doesn't deter the opponent, they begin to doubt themselves.
In 2006, hip hip hooray, it was Mayo again. Oh how they laughed in the Kingdom when the news came through on the wireless. Come the day of the final, John Morrison'sprediction that Mayo would be Brazil against Kerry's England prompted a new entry in Private Eye's 'Coleman Balls'. The game was over after fifteen minutes, which is just the way Kerry like it. Star and Gooch ran riot and Pat put another notch in his bed post. A 13 point margin.
In 2007 it was Cork. Again, game over after ten minutes and a cushty 10-point win.
In 2008, Tyrone again. Kerry huffed and puffed for a good while that day. like the Big Bad Wolf they threatened to blow down the Tyrone house.
But like the Big Bad Wolf, they chickened out at the finale. With four minutes to go it was a draw. In the RTE soft seats though, we knew what was coming.
I nudged Patrick with my elbow and said "Hard luck." "F*** off" he said. Tyrone duly reeled off five unanswered points.
In 2009, hip hip hooray, it was Cork again and another one sided canter. By God, the Kerry men were throwing their weight about that day. "Fair play to you Tadgh." they roared in the Kingdom. Why didn't they do that the previous year?
In 2010, Kerry were fazed by the fact that Down were totally unfazed. It was the referee's fault don't you know.
Last year, they were fazed by the fact that Gilroy had discarded the startled earwigs and replaced them with an army of worker ants. Dublin stuck with them for sixty minutes. Again, the bullies yielded.
On Saturday, everything is stacked in the Kingdom's favour. Home venue, everyone fully fit, their destroyer in chief Sean Cavanagh in- jured and a Tyrone team not at the level of its predecessors. Yet Tyrone don't give a damn about their green and gold.
If Kerry can finally stand up and by that I mean all of them, not just Tomas and Marc O'Se, then this could be the path to another All-Ire- land. But far more importantly, it will be the path to self respect.
Something Tyrone have never had to worry about...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Brolly is a derry man not a Tyrone man, and he wants to see Tyrone beat and badly.  Colm Cooper is a legend and dosent need this...

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 20, 2012, 12:55:37 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
FoSB - any chance of Brolly's article? I'll buy you a shandy.

Too kind sir!  ;)

Gooch can't choke again

The problem with this Kerry team is that they have always failed when it has really been put up to them.
Pat Spillane is very keen to point out that in the numbers game, they have more All-Irelands than Tyrone. But this disguises the reality that deep down in their bones, Kerry folk have always had doubts about this group.
They are, of course, fine foot- ballers and will retire with trophy cabinets sagging under the weight of gold. But at the very highest level, against serious opposition, they have always wilted.
The first hint that they were not on a par with the Golden Years crop came in 2003 when they collapsed entirely in the face of Tyrone's furi- ous indignation. "Sweet mother of Mikey Sheehy" they wailed in the Kingdom. "They're tackling Darragh O'Se!"
As the game wore on and it be- came plain that this particular Ty- rone team was not going to succumb to stage fright in the face of the green and gold jerseys, it was the Kerry men who gave up. It was a surrender that would have been un- thinkable for O'Dwyer's crew. For the record, Kerry scored a miserable six points and lost by seven.
In 2004, the Team of the Decade beat up a Conor Mortimer-inspired Mayo in the final, spraying cham- pagne midway through the first half after Colm Cooper scored a delight- ful goal having soloed through un- touched by human hand. Funny thing, I haven't seen Colm scoring a delightful goal against Tyrone in Croke Park, or any sort of goal.
Which brings me to another sub- ject that I have been reflecting upon anxiously over the last six months: Is Colm as great as I once- thought he was? The skills are of course peerless. He is magnificent when the Kingdom are beating up on Mayo or the old Cork team. But I am begin- ning to have my doubts.
I watched him closely in this year's club semi-final against Cross- maglen. Crokes went seven points up. He had not contributed. Then, Crossmaglen - against all the odds - began their comeback. Now, I thought to myself, now Cooper will ead them home. I waited, and wait- ed, and waited. In the face of Cross- maglen's furious indignation, the golden boy disappeared.
James Morgan, an aggressive, tight marking and hugely competi- tive corner back with no county ex- perience and aged just 21, utterly dominated him.
An American tourist would never have believed it if you'd told him The Gooch was one of the greats. If howver you'd told him he was a choker, he would have agreed, since that is what Colm did against Cross. As their key man floundered, so did his team mates.
When you think about it, there is a pattern.
When Tyrone put it up to him in 2005 and 2008 he failed. When Dublin put it up to him in last year's final, he failed, leaving it to Donaghy to lead the attack. Think on the other hand of how many times Mikey Sheehy, Bomber Liston or my good friend Pat turned games on their head. No quitters on that team.
In 2003, Tyrone put it up to them and Kerry wilted.
The next year, the Green and Gold were back to beat up Mayo in a one sided cakewalk. Let's be fair about it, they could have thrown their jerseys onto the field and Mayo would have surrendered.
In 2005, Tyrone put it up to them again and again the Kingdom quit after a great start saw them surge clear. It is typical of bullies that when a strong start doesn't deter the opponent, they begin to doubt themselves.
In 2006, hip hip hooray, it was Mayo again. Oh how they laughed in the Kingdom when the news came through on the wireless. Come the day of the final, John Morrison'sprediction that Mayo would be Brazil against Kerry's England prompted a new entry in Private Eye's 'Coleman Balls'. The game was over after fifteen minutes, which is just the way Kerry like it. Star and Gooch ran riot and Pat put another notch in his bed post. A 13 point margin.
In 2007 it was Cork. Again, game over after ten minutes and a cushty 10-point win.
In 2008, Tyrone again. Kerry huffed and puffed for a good while that day. like the Big Bad Wolf they threatened to blow down the Tyrone house.
But like the Big Bad Wolf, they chickened out at the finale. With four minutes to go it was a draw. In the RTE soft seats though, we knew what was coming.
I nudged Patrick with my elbow and said "Hard luck." "F*** off" he said. Tyrone duly reeled off five unanswered points.
In 2009, hip hip hooray, it was Cork again and another one sided canter. By God, the Kerry men were throwing their weight about that day. "Fair play to you Tadgh." they roared in the Kingdom. Why didn't they do that the previous year?
In 2010, Kerry were fazed by the fact that Down were totally unfazed. It was the referee's fault don't you know.
Last year, they were fazed by the fact that Gilroy had discarded the startled earwigs and replaced them with an army of worker ants. Dublin stuck with them for sixty minutes. Again, the bullies yielded.
On Saturday, everything is stacked in the Kingdom's favour. Home venue, everyone fully fit, their destroyer in chief Sean Cavanagh in- jured and a Tyrone team not at the level of its predecessors. Yet Tyrone don't give a damn about their green and gold.
If Kerry can finally stand up and by that I mean all of them, not just Tomas and Marc O'Se, then this could be the path to another All-Ire- land. But far more importantly, it will be the path to self respect.
Something Tyrone have never had to worry about...

He is somewhat right, but is just winding people up.

Cooper though played well in 2005 and 2008 from what I can remember, the likes of Bryan Sheehan certainly though choked spectacularily against Tyrone.

Brolly has given Kerry all the motivation they need if they didn't already have it. Allmost everything is in Kerry's favour from the venue to the refferee... I still can't call it... 

Fuzzman

Rois, who do you see coming in instead?
Is McCarron likely to start at 5?
I can see Kerry bringing Star out the field like they did v Dubs last year.
He's too important a player for them to have surrounded by red hands
He can also shoot from far out.

A lot of Tyrone people seem to have serious issue with Coldrick. Is this from the Donegal game or other games? I wasn't at it but I watched it and thought he gave us very little but usually I think he's a good enough ref.

Brolly & Spillane as we know are fools and love themselves so much so maybe we should all just not mention them any more and not add fuel to their fires.

Is there a ladies match on before hand?  :-[
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/final-countdown-1478185.html?start=1

Club Rossa

That is complete shite from Brolly.Kerry's losses to Tyrone in the 05 and 08 finals were in no way an example of Colm Cooper choking.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2012, 02:27:15 PM
Rois, who do you see coming in instead?
Is McCarron likely to start at 5?
I can see Kerry bringing Star out the field like they did v Dubs last year.
He's too important a player for them to have surrounded by red hands
He can also shoot from far out.

A lot of Tyrone people seem to have serious issue with Coldrick. Is this from the Donegal game or other games? I wasn't at it but I watched it and thought he gave us very little but usually I think he's a good enough ref.

Brolly & Spillane as we know are fools and love themselves so much so maybe we should all just not mention them any more and not add fuel to their fires.

Is there a ladies match on before hand?  :-[
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/final-countdown-1478185.html?start=1

Donaghy is nothing special out the field, he wouldn't score that many if you took in the number of attempts he makes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

bcarrier

That stuff from Brolly is totally disrespectful and unnecessary.

If he never played another game the All Ireland medals Gooch has in his pocket would make a nice rattle. Joe's medal wouldnt.

Fuzzman

The more we talk about him the more we feed his already huge ego
I'm sure he reads the board and loves this crap

Its set up nicely now for Gooch to play the game of his life in front of his home crowd.

haveaharp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2012, 03:58:14 PM

Its set up nicely now for Gooch to play the game of his life in front of his home crowd.

Joe's intention all along ?

sheamy

Right ok, let's even it out...Stevie O'Neill is done. Can't even run anymore. Hasn't played a decent game since quitting in 2008. Mulligan is still living off that 2005 goal. Done nothing since except open a bar beside the chinese in Cookstown.

(Cue the lads score 1-5 each...)

::)