Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 18, 2012, 06:54:39 PM
Kerry team to be named, as usual, at 9.00pm tomorrow night.

There may be a surprise or two.... ;)

Famous headline:

FA Cup Fourth Round Today - Shocks Expected.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2012, 06:24:19 PM

Agree with most of this. When was the last time Tyrone beat a possible All-Irelander? Some might say Down 2010 but it's a niggling doubt that we've not shown since '08 that Tyrone can beat a heavyweight.

Time for the new lads to take a major scalp. For me, that's a leap of faith I cannot back. I'm trying to think the last time we met a genuine contender outside of an All-Ireland final and won. Armagh 2005?

The Dubs in 2008 were certainly considered as genuine contenders before  the match against Tyrone.  Very few people tipped Tyrone to win that one. I wasn't amongst them and worried that Tyrone might get a bit of a hammering, a fear I now have regarding Saturday. Would be more than happy to be proved wrong once again.

Aaron Boone

If Tyrone fans are in their car in Killarney after 7pm, then they should be back home by 1am.

The minor match at Clones is at midday, so I hold a glass up now to those who will make it to both.

It'll hopefully be the 7th minor provincial since 2000 (go back to 1945 for a Monaghan win).

time ticking away

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 18, 2012, 08:36:35 PM
Re: TV3 - if you're are in Tyrone and you can get TG4 terrestrially (not via Sky/satellite) then you should be able to get TV3 as well either on analogue or Saorview.
cant get TG4 terrestrially either,only through sky
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

BennyCake

In 2005 and 2008, I knew Tyrone wouldn't be beaten. This time, it's Kerry I can't see being beaten.

EC Unique

Fuzzman

You're probably right Benny but if you gave us a few reasons or opinions it might back up your theory. Or do you always get these feelings right? Great article from Darragh. Gosh his name comes up as Armagh on predictive text. Ha. He praises us to the hilt though as he knows we'll love to read such respect from a Kingdom man.

Tyrone Dreamer

I know there has been some talk that Kerry won't get beat cause of the hunger they will have to get one over Tyrone. But surely Tyrone have every bit as much motivation? We haven't won an All Ireland since 2008. Kerry in the mean time have won an another All Ireland and played in another final. We have won 3 All Irelands and they have something like 35 or 36 (couldn't care at this stage!). Not too mention the off field stuff from some of the Kerry media over the years and the desire to do it for Mickey and its hard not to see a fully fired up Tyrone team throwing everything at Kerry. Lets hope its enough!

Tyrone Dreamer

Any word on McNabb or PJ? These players and Justy seem to be very injury prone. Seem to have missed as many games as they've played through injury over the last few years.

orangeman

If Kerry and Tyrone are 2 bad teams as some posters are describing them, then God help the rest.

They must be really bad.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

comethekingdom

Was in mullingar on Sunday last and what I saw was terrible. One pt from play in the first half and that was in the 31st minute . We could get a wild hammering on sat if there's not a massive improvement. Would love to see a win - even if we do it's hard to see an AI in this team from the way they're playing at present. Too many poor performances in a row since the final last yr

Captain Obvious

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 18, 2012, 10:50:39 PM
Was in mullingar on Sunday last and what I saw was terrible. One pt from play in the first half and that was in the 31st minute . We could get a wild hammering on sat if there's not a massive improvement. Would love to see a win - even if we do it's hard to see an AI in this team from the way they're playing at present. Too many poor performances in a row since the final last yr

Kerry haven't recovered from last years All Ireland final defeat. Saturday could be the end of kerry's championship season.

orangeman

Something about Kerry this year just doesn't add up.

Their first league match against Dublin was incredible.

They got tore into Dublin from the start and played some deadly ball that night.

Maybe Dublin weren't too interested that night and made Kerry look good ?

Hard to know.

No disrespect to Westemath but I thought Kerry would have won with a bit to spare.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 18, 2012, 10:50:39 PM
Was in mullingar on Sunday last and what I saw was terrible. One pt from play in the first half and that was in the 31st minute .

Don't see that happening on Saturday, though the big question is just what do Kerry have in the tank this year.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...