Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

I live in Derry City and have the ordinary basic 9 Channels. My TV3 reception is excellent; in fact it is the best picture we have

seafoid

Say what you like about Throne but the internet brigade are well able to pad out a thread.

Maguire01

Quote from: theticklemister on July 17, 2012, 07:54:44 PM
I live in Derry City and have the ordinary basic 9 Channels. My TV3 reception is excellent; in fact it is the best picture we have
Yes, but Derry city is on the border - you get the channel because they broadcast to Donegal.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 17, 2012, 07:51:53 PM
IMO, TV3 should not have the rights to broadcast games involving teams in parts of the country where they don't even broadcast.

Do they not broadcast in Kerry?
Testing Accessibility

GTB

I get a great TV3 signal in Pomeroy so happy days :)

SHEEDY

cant get fecking tv3. raging.
nil satis nisi optimum

andoireabu

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 17, 2012, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on July 17, 2012, 07:54:44 PM
Yes, but Derry city is on the border - you get the channel because they broadcast to Donegal.
I get it in South Derry also, not that theres much on it.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Mike Sheehy

We have too many natural footballers to lose to this limited bunch. Jack should just tell the lads to go out and cut loose. If he does we will win in a canter.

Looks like its going to be a nice day. It will be such a treat for the Tyrone folk to witness the majesty that is killarney on a summers day. They probably won't appreciate it though. We all know what philistines they are when it comes to the finer things in life.Such a pity.

Real Talk

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 17, 2012, 08:46:37 PM
We have too many natural footballers to lose to this limited bunch. Jack should just tell the lads to go out and cut loose. If he does we will win in a canter.
Looks like its going to be a nice day. It will be such a treat for the Tyrone folk to witness the majesty that is killarney on a summers day. They probably won't appreciate it though. We all know what philistines they are when it comes to the finer things in life.Such a pity.
[/quot
Don't matter if its Killarney of Croke Park, Tyrone are not the team they were 4 yrs ago but neither are Kerry.  Tyrone to win again.   And by the way if yous took the Northern Ireland tourists out of the R O I you could 'shut up shop'.  We have money and we know how to spend it and I would put a bet on that there will be a hell of a lot more Tyrone supporters down in Killarney than Kerry ones that would visit Tyrone if Kerry had to travel !!!!!

Aaron Boone

Livid at missing Marco. TV3 should be ashamed of themselves.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 17, 2012, 01:20:10 PM
Anyone have an idea of first 15? I think we'll see the same 15 that was named for the Ross game, with SON starting. On the radio last week it said he took part in full warm up so it must have only been a minor knock. The only change I could foresee would be McNabb in for Mattie D.

Hard to see any changes. What'll be interesting is the team O'Connor names as regards Young, O'Sullivan and Donaghy. When do Kerry normally name their side?

If Young is corner back again I'd be a lot more confident.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Cannot wait for this match!! Huge game for both teams. Kerry at home have played at a higher level for the last few years so have to be favourites. However they must have niggling doubts about it being Tyrone. They'll tell themselves there team is currently better than Tyrone so recent history means nothing but then they know they said the same thing before the previous 3 meetings. I'd like to see the following team if everyone fit:
McConnell
McRory
Clarke
Carlin
Justy
Gormley
O'Neill
Cassidy
Joe McMahon
Colm Cavanagh (to add a bit of physical presence in the half forward line)
Harte
McNabb
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan

With Donnelly, McGuigan and McCurry coming on in the second half. Does anyone have any injury news? Would be great to have PJ, Justy, McNabb and O'Neill fit. Harte is a big man for a gamble so who would rule out McCurry starting if O'Neill was ruled out from the start!?

north down

There are those who say that this Kerry team is over the hill and others that say this experimental Tyrone outfit don't have the experience or the skill. Saturday should provide all of the answers needed!

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 17, 2012, 10:45:06 PM
Cannot wait for this match!! Huge game for both teams. Kerry at home have played at a higher level for the last few years so have to be favourites. However they must have niggling doubts about it being Tyrone. They'll tell themselves there team is currently better than Tyrone so recent history means nothing but then they know they said the same thing before the previous 3 meetings. I'd like to see the following team if everyone fit:

McConnell
McRory
Clarke
Carlin
Justy
Gormley
O'Neill
Cassidy
Joe McMahon
Colm Cavanagh (to add a bit of physical presence in the half forward line)
Harte
McNabb
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan

With Donnelly, McGuigan and McCurry coming on in the second half. Does anyone have any injury news? Would be great to have PJ, Justy, McNabb and O'Neill fit. Harte is a big man for a gamble so who would rule out McCurry starting if O'Neill was ruled out from the start!?

No offence but that's not the right team. Negating our running game by naming 3 MF's and lessening our attacking ability (big scores Armagh and Ros) at the same time. Justy is a shadow of his former self, all those hopes we had after '08 of him moving further and further out the pitch to lord it in the middle are vanished like a fart in the wind. Also I don't rate Cassidy, another lad who hasn't lived up to the hype yet, is Murphy not a better option? The key is to get as many running footballers on the pitch as we can and tear the legs off the Kerrymen.

So Penfold, Red Sean, McCarron (I know), Peter Harte, the two M Donnelly's (especially Sparky), Carlin and later in the match McGuigan and McKenna are the key players in my eyes. We are about to send Aidian McCrory and Conor Clarke out to mark Gooch Cooper and Star Donaghy!! Jesus wept!!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

rrhf

if we take kerry it will be a last 20 minute win, and to do with fitness and pace that we can bring on.