conor mortimer

Started by NaomhBridAbĂș, July 11, 2012, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

No one's saying he'd make an all-time first 15 but a county's record point scorer (by age 30, no less) will always be in the conversation when the discussion of Mayo greats crops up. Time will forget most of his indiscretions but Mayo supporters will have the longest memories. An uneasy placement to be sure, but a placement none the less.

His brothers have no baring on it either, everyone has to be judged on their own and not what their relatives did or didn't do.

muppet

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 12, 2013, 01:04:34 PM
Not a patch on either of his older brothers.

Trevor was a seriously underestimated player. Most Mayo fans would hold him in the highest regard.

Ken has 2 All-Stars which tells you all you need to know about him.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Excuse the chauvinism, but let me offer an external point of view. If they'd been Meathmen looking to make the county team, we'd honour Trevor; Conor? Never.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2013, 04:57:03 PM
Excuse the chauvinism, but let me offer an external point of view. If they'd been Meathmen looking to make the county team, we'd honour Trevor; Conor? Never.
+1
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on January 11, 2013, 10:38:21 PM
He's already sketched himself into Mayo's All-time greats but I doubt many Mayo supporters will be able to bring themselves to admit that for a very long time, if ever.
Mabye if he hada been a rossie ye would have
him up there.In Mayo.......hmm...naaah
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

The sadly ironic fact for you is we have a better record of scoring and free-taking forwards. Conor isn't exactly competing with a murderers' row of players, and certainly not in living memory.

theticklemister

Quote from: Syferus on January 12, 2013, 01:10:10 PM
No one's saying he'd make an all-time first 15 but a county's record point scorer (by age 30, no less) will always be in the conversation when the discussion of Mayo greats crops up. Time will forget most of his indiscretions but Mayo supporters will have the longest memories. An uneasy placement to be sure, but a placement none the less.

His brothers have no baring on it either, everyone has to be judged on their own and not what their relatives did or didn't do.

But this is the GAA where sibiling rivilary means ye get more spuds on the dinner table and a better girl than the less talented footballing brother.

Conor is very underestimated. He was mayos go to mam for years.

theticklemister

If ye needed scores, it was conor mortimor who got them; not ciaran mcdonald.

ck

Trevor was one of the most underestimated players in mayo. I played against him when he was the star man at St.Jarlaths in early 90's. he never really got a fair crack at senior level.

spuds

Quote from: ck on January 13, 2013, 12:31:10 PM
Trevor was one of the most underestimated players in mayo. I played against him when he was the star man at St.Jarlaths in early 90's. he never really got a fair crack at senior level.
Ah now, are you being serious ? He played for Mayo anytime his hamstrings allowed. Was a guaranteed starter under all managers he played under, even last year when he quietly called time on his county career due to working in Africa he might not of been a starter but a valuable player to bring on. Always and ever gave his all.
Played in all the forward positions and for last few seasons excelled as a half back. Never got a fair crack at senior level ? Jesus, but there is some crap spouted here. Underestimated in Mayo ? Trevor always been highly respected by the Mayo support.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ck

Quote from: spuds on January 13, 2013, 12:45:47 PM
Ah now, are you being serious ? He played for Mayo anytime his hamstrings allowed. Was a guaranteed starter under all managers he played under, even last year when he quietly called time on his county career due to working in Africa he might not of been a starter but a valuable player to bring on. Always and ever gave his all.
Played in all the forward positions and for last few seasons excelled as a half back. Never got a fair crack at senior level ? Jesus, but there is some crap spouted here. Underestimated in Mayo ? Trevor always been highly respected by the Mayo support.

When he came in first he was a regular. His later years whilst plagued by injury he was forgotten about on manys an occasion. By his own admission he lost interest. He could have been treated better IMO

spuds

Quote from: ck on January 13, 2013, 12:52:32 PM
Quote from: spuds on January 13, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

When he came in first he was a regular. His later years whilst plagued by injury he was forgotten about on manys an occasion. By his own admission he lost interest. He could have been treated better IMO
He was injured or forgotten ? Sounds like tabloid paper deduction to me. If he lost interest he wasn't badly treated. I know of no one who has anything but respect and good things to say about Trevor for his efforts and quiet dedication to Mayo over the years.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

sans pessimism

Quote from: theticklemister on January 12, 2013, 11:19:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 12, 2013, 01:10:10 PM

But this is the GAA where sibiling rivilary means ye get more spuds on the dinner table and a better girl than the less talented footballing brother.

Conor is very underestimated. He was mayos go to mam for years.
Bullshit
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

sans pessimism

Are you Stevie  fukin wonder
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

theticklemister

If mayo loomed for scores over the last ten years who would they have looked too??????