Ulster - a cesspit of mediocrity?

Started by ONeill, July 01, 2012, 05:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

And so it should. It's all cyclical. Galway and Meath. Down and Donegal. Cork and Derry. Tyrone and Armagh. Kerry's the only consistent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Was just thinking there.The first four words of the title of this thread could be extracted from a typical DUP/Free Presbyterian sermon!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2012, 01:05:04 AM
And so it should. It's all cyclical. Galway and Meath. Down and Donegal. Cork and Derry. Tyrone and Armagh. Kerry's the only consistent.

Mayo been up there with consistently failing!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2012, 01:36:16 AM
Went and looked it up.

2004 - J Curran; N McGinn, P Marlow, D Burke; J Gilmore, N Kerr, M Murray; S O 'Hagan, R Mulgrew; C O 'Neill, M Cunningham, R McRory; G Devlin, C Cavanagh, A Cassidy. Subs - P.J. Quinn, C McCarron, J Kelly, S O 'Neill, S Donaghy

Those in bold stick out as players who have played senior for Tyrone. All around the 25/26 mark.

Niall McGinn is playing with Aberdeen GAC

saffron sam2

Quote from: J70 on July 21, 2012, 09:41:57 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 21, 2012, 09:19:04 PM
So only Donegal and Down left in and that's because they've only played Ulster teams.

4 years ago Tyrone were en route to another All-Ireland; today they exit at the stage as Antrim. Such a rapid descent into mediocrity.

"Only"??!!

So both teams don't have what it takes against teams from outside the province?

I may have been somewhat hasty about Donegal. Magnificent today and I hope they win her.

Only Ulster team to rise above the mediocre and by a distance too.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

customsandrevenue

Another so called Ulster team got a complete tanking yesterday and they were at home they would have you to believe in Ulster in Clones so they can't use the 'we had to travel excuse and it cost us 2 points in the average game' that would make it 2-18 to 0-15. Even now teams within Ulster are mediocre-ing teams that are marginally mindset-wise possibly in Ulster. Well done to Donegal for being the first team ever in the history of the whole Ulster Senior Football Championship ever to win the Ulster Championship since the last team who won the Ulster Championship having played and obviously won in the Preliminary Round. It has never been done since until now. Incredible and unbelievable stuff.

time ticking away

Quote from: customsandrevenue on July 23, 2012, 01:27:39 AM
Another so called Ulster team got a complete tanking yesterday and they were at home they would have you to believe in Ulster in Clones so they can't use the 'we had to travel excuse and it cost us 2 points in the average game' that would make it 2-18 to 0-15. Even now teams within Ulster are mediocre-ing teams that are marginally mindset-wise possibly in Ulster. Well done to Donegal for being the first team ever in the history of the whole Ulster Senior Football Championship ever to win the Ulster Championship since the last team who won the Ulster Championship having played and obviously won in the Preliminary Round. It has never been done since until now. Incredible and unbelievable stuff.

brilliant  ;D ;D ;D ;D
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on July 21, 2012, 10:31:00 PM
Never worse.So much for development squads,sports scientists,dieticians,sports psychologists, wristbands etc.Worse,I can't see any improvement any time soon.

If you're referring to the wristbands Tyrone wore on Saturday, that was to show support for Oscar Knox, a 3 year old from Mallusk suffering with neuroblastoma.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Aristocrats overthrown.

Over to you, Donegal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donegal_abu

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2012, 06:04:33 PM
Aristocrats overthrown.

Over to you, Donegal.

We'll try our best to salvage Ulster a wee bit anyway....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Tyrone and Monaghan minors out.

Are our wemen any good?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2012, 10:11:37 PM
Tyrone and Monaghan minors out.

Are our wemen any good?

Minors out is a big shock Ulster probably the worst province at underage when only a few years ago it was the best.

donegal_abu

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2012, 06:04:33 PM
Aristocrats overthrown.

Over to you, Donegal.

We got Kerry back for tyrone anyway ;) One Ulster still going anyway... same as every other province!!

Boghopper

Dissapointing that no Ulster Minor teams are contesting AI semi Finals although the Minor Championship is very much flawed Kerry have been beaten twice this year and yet find themselves in a SF. Dublin are the only Provincial winner left and might I add I think they'll win the AI. Tipperary, Roscommon and Tyrone were all First time losers and yet they're out. I think that Tyrone exhibited a niavety against Meath which resulted in their defeat especially in the closing stages. Meath are a good side so maybe we shouldn't be so disappointed.