Ulster Senior Football Final, Donegal v Down 22nd July .

Started by norabeag, June 30, 2012, 08:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

Down fans will be along shortly looking for directions to Clones. ;)

PAULD123

Quote from: Agent Orange on July 20, 2012, 01:29:27 AM
Down fans will be along shortly looking for directions to Clones. ;)

If I were a supporter of a team that just got put out the championship by Roscommon in a first round qualifier I wouldn't be making snide comments about another county's supporters.

whitegoodman

I'd say James is acting the cod with that named team. I find it very difficult to believe king won't start if fit.

Likewise Hughes, mckernan and ohare unlikely to start where they are named.

Can't see both benny and eoin McCartan starting.

The gaa needs to start introducing heavy fines for this nonsense.

rrhf

It would be nice if we could get a picture up here of the Australian rules lads roaring Down to victory on Sunday. 

PAULD123

I agree with WhiteGM that team looks completely unrealistic and looks like McCartan is playing a bit of codology hoping McGuinness isn't all that aware of our set up (I'm sure he is in fact very aware - probably knows what boot our players put on first)

What's interesting though is what exactly is James trying to convince McGuinness of? Basically he has named 7 forwards, 2 attacking midfielders, and two attacking half backs. The only defensively minded players are the full back line. Is Jamesy trying to convince McGuinness that Down are planning an all-out assault?

donegal_abu

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 20, 2012, 11:43:53 AM
I agree with WhiteGM that team looks completely unrealistic and looks like McCartan is playing a bit of codology hoping McGuinness isn't all that aware of our set up (I'm sure he is in fact very aware - probably knows what boot our players put on first)

What's interesting though is what exactly is James trying to convince McGuinness of? Basically he has named 7 forwards, 2 attacking midfielders, and two attacking half backs. The only defensively minded players are the full back line. Is Jamesy trying to convince McGuinness that Down are planning an all-out assault?

He's just trying the old mind games.. I won't worry too much. Jim is the king of mind games shur  ;) ;)

bcarrier

Playing Danny Hughes in half backline would makes sense if he becomes the free man.

Alternatively it could be he is injured and King goes to midfield with McKernan becoming the free half back.

Sure Donegal are so much better than Down that it makes no difference where they play anyway.

borderfox

Quote from: BennyCake on July 20, 2012, 12:53:03 AM
OK, need confirmation of stadium layout in Clones:

Gerry Arthurs stand is the covered one.
Pat McGrane - seats in front of the hill.

So which is the O'Duffy terrace and which is the Eastern stand?

The O'Duffy Terrace is for Blueshirts only. ;)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

In the Onion Bag

OK, play games are over now and its time to come clean.  Call me a typical overly confident Down fecker if you will but I believe my £50 @ 4/1 is a handsome bet.  It feels like 91 all over again, a hopeless Down team v a hip, in-form Donegal squad and what happened?

If Down win I'll be buying in the Creighton afterwards.  CU there. Come on Down and up Albania.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=173772
;D ;D ;D ;D

Aristo 60

Anyone see the back page of the Irish News supplement today? That's a quare foursome...  :o

Always had my doubts about lads who wear white boots.   

donegal_abu

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 20, 2012, 08:34:12 PM
Anyone see the back page of the Irish News supplement today? That's a quare foursome...  :o

Always had my doubts about lads who wear white boots.

what is it ??

SHEEDY

good luck to down players and management tomorrow. an dún abu!
nil satis nisi optimum

goldenyears

I really truly hope that Down adjust their gameplay to suit playing v Donegal. I think dropping King is a smart decision. He simply doesn't have the running power to contribute in this type of game. It looks from the team selection James and Aidan have a plan.

I think Down will unfortunately lose this one and think the handicap is right I hope I am wrong! Simply don't don't have the running power that Donegal have. I think the middle sector will be crucial and it I hope Down have Key personnel in there and most importantly that we rotate/use the bench appropriately when people start to flag.

Anyways good luck Down - its been far too long since the last ulster title! I would be delighted for many on this team to get their hands on an ulster medal! An Dun Abu!

ONeill

those were some digs the Down no7 was dishing out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.