Ulster Senior Football Final, Donegal v Down 22nd July .

Started by norabeag, June 30, 2012, 08:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

Have to first of all congradulate Donegal on a great win yesterday. A great team effort which just proved way too strong for Down. Down competed well for 50 mins but then just fell apart alot of this was to do with the sheer strenght and physical fitness of Donegal.They were still running flat out after 70 mins where as Downs legs were gone.I honestly didnt find Donegal that cycinal during the game they fought hard for everything and you knew when you got hit.Down just dont have the big strong men to compete with Kalum hit Frank Mc Glynn as hard as he could yet he just bounced back up not to many could take a hit from Kalum and do that. Alot of credit has to go to both Gallagher and Mc Guiness they have made a great job of that team fair play to them. I would love to see them go on now and win the All Ireland good luck

onefaircounty

Quote from: snoopdog on July 23, 2012, 10:54:15 AM

Id love to know what exactly Aidan O'Rourke is getting paid to do with that Down Defence, he has watched Cork run through them twice already this year along with Monaghan in the first half of the Semi but yet he could nt organise them.

Looked well and organised until the team gave up in the final 15 minutes. No preparation can prepare you for players fisting the ball straight to the opposition.

Donegal take advantage of that better than anyone.

Pangurban

Well done Donegal, better team won, best of luck in quest for Sam

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

squire_in_navy_slacks

congrats Donegal, awesome display altogether

Down would fancy their chances vs Dubs or Mayo perhaps ?

wildrover

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 23, 2012, 09:28:08 PM
congrats Donegal, awesome display altogether

Down would fancy their chances vs Dubs or Mayo perhaps ?

No...if Down do happen to get past Tipp (and I genuinely believe it is a big if) then they would be going into a quarter final against one of the other three provincial winners as big underdogs. Cork have trounced them repeatedly in the last number of years. Dublin are very similar in physicality and style to Donegal, and Mayo seem to be not far from knocking on the door. A quarter final appearance would be a successful season...anything beyond would be bonus territory....

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on July 01, 2012, 01:18:31 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2012, 01:15:47 AM

QuoteIf history plays no part in the Ulster championship, how come Antrim have not won one in the last 60 years ?

Because they are crap?
Eh? What are you on about? We had Kevin Armstrong back in the 40s and therefore we must be good now.

tfal is that you????

Orchardman

was there much craic in the abbey and donegal town last night, i'd say there was plenty of sauce taken, and back to training again 2ngt no doubt

donegal_abu

Quote from: Orchardman on July 23, 2012, 11:02:32 PM
was there much craic in the abbey and donegal town last night, i'd say there was plenty of sauce taken, and back to training again 2ngt no doubt

Good craic about. Nice homecoming and town was absoloutly packed despite pouring rain. Back to training tomorrow !

cadence

drici

cadence

nice.

just been watching a vid of the homecoming into donegal town and was struck by how paul durcan dwarfs murphy. checked our wiki page and it says he's 6 ft 5"... horse. makes his reflexes and agility even more impressive.