Peter Canavan’s Best Club Points

Started by Hereiam, June 26, 2012, 11:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Every gaelic football fan should watch this 5min clip. He was some player.

http://youtu.be/8PVJtHiR-qk

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hereiam on June 26, 2012, 11:44:37 AM

For all his greatness and the hoodoo they may have had over us he never got his hands on this baby!

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 26, 2012, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on June 26, 2012, 11:44:37 AM

For all his greatness and the hoodoo they may have had over us he never got his hands on this baby!

Now someone will say but his club team beat Crossmaglen...Oisin is the one that should be worshipped :D

nrico2006

Oisin is worshipped by enough in Armagh, whereas Canavan is worshipped in Tyrone.  Who was the better player?  I think most neutrals would say Canavan. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on June 26, 2012, 01:56:00 PM
No contest.

Not being disrespectful cos Oisin was a great player but +1.

Oak Leafer

Jesus lads there is no comparison!

I'll not even start to list the things Peter done better, but what made Canavan stand out for me, was his vision and ability to bring others into the game. Totally unselfish player, a team player.

In my opinion the Gooch is the only one since to have this attribute on top of being a deadly finisher.

I just wish Paddy B had it.

All of a Sludden

As divers go, Canavan had no equals.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Oak Leafer

I'm only after watching that video...fck me! I know it was club football, but he tormented defences and scored the same way at County level.

Amazing how many of them scores were with his left foot. He had everything, the wee f**ker!! ;D

theticklemister

that **** broke me heart manys a time during the 90s!

first score was the best now. must of been a ong time ago because he had hair!

Fuzzman

That old Armagh v Tyrone argument will never be resolved
What would people (especially neutrals) say was Canavan's best ever performance?

I was lucky enough to see him from when he was an U21 til when he retired.
I wonder how he would manage in the recent climate with the swarm defences
I can remember some game where there was a pass along the ground where he kinda flicked it on backwards into someone's hands

Was there also some incident in the States where he headed a goal for Tyrone v the Dubs or something or did I dream that.  ;D

Stevie g 8

What a player,I reckon his best year was in 1995 when he almost single handedly won Tyrone the AI.in ulster that year I think Tyrone had 2 players sent off against a great Derry side and he scored some great points to win it for them

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 26, 2012, 03:05:02 PM
That old Armagh v Tyrone argument will never be resolved
What would people (especially neutrals) say was Canavan's best ever performance?

I was lucky enough to see him from when he was an U21 til when he retired.
I wonder how he would manage in the recent climate with the swarm defences
I can remember some game where there was a pass along the ground where he kinda flicked it on backwards into someone's hands

Was there also some incident in the States where he headed a goal for Tyrone v the Dubs or something or did I dream that.  ;D

i think that wwas the 2002 national league final, mcguigan stepped over the ball and canavan backheeled up to an on-rushing ricey

what makes him the greatest i have seen is that he did things i have never seen any other player do at that level
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either