Longford v Derry - AIFQ 30 June 2012

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 25, 2012, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

Best wishes to John Keegan who was brought to hospital with a neck injury.1st reports had him in alot of pain and with an injury which could see him out for awhile. Dont know how the Derry lads can respond to their manager . His vocabulary seems to be limited to F****s and more F**** s . Paddy Bradley was majestic again , the pass he gave for the 1st goal unreal. Brennan also attempted to clash at the end of the game with the Sportsfile photographer who's only crime was to record him attempting to have a quiet word with ref at end of game. Luckily for us that's 2 home games in a row a last minute goal against us has been disallowed by the same ref. Without access to video replay it looks like the Derry player either was pulled for charging or for carrying the ball over the line . The skirmish was building for awhile as players were pulling and dragging off the ball in what had to be full view of the umpires who choose to turn a blind eye to things until it erupted with 2 Longford players got yellows while 1 Derry player got yellow and their number 4 picked up a 2nd yellow. Didnt see what he did though, he may have been unlucky and also got a bloody nose to add to his woe.

ross4life

Well done to our neighbours a fine win. Was listening to the 2nd half on the way home from Tuam sounded like the larries didn't panic when Derry scored a few goals 0-17 is good return in 70mins who would you like next.. Kerry maybe?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on June 30, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
Well done to our neighbours a fine win. Was listening to the 2nd half on the way home from Tuam sounded like the larries didn't panic when Derry scored a few goals 0-17 is good return in 70mins who would you like next.. Kerry maybe?

I think Galway would be a good draw. I think the Larrys would do them aswell, as Galway don't do physicality!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2012, 10:55:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 30, 2012, 10:43:54 PM

I think Galway would be a good draw. I think the Larrys would do them aswell, as Galway don't do physicality!

We've got dibs on Galway. Then maybe Kerry or Tyrone. Get Clare in R4 and have rest before the quarters. Y'know.

Longfordian

Fantastic win for longford.. Spent last 10 mins on the phone to auld longfordian,  god bless him, he's no commentator,  but added to the drama,  laurel what's the latest on john keegan,  how is he doing?  Hopefully he hasn't injured himsel
f seriously.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on July 01, 2012, 11:02:40 AM
Fantastic win for longford.. Spent last 10 mins on the phone to auld longfordian,  god bless him, he's no commentator,  but added to the drama,  laurel what's the latest on john keegan,  how is he doing?  Hopefully he hasn't injured himself seriously.

He got the all clear in the early hours this morning.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Qwerty28

A merited win overall in a very good game with yet another nerve jangling finish!!  No way on Gods earth could Derry be awarded anything for the last play of the game, whoever caught the ball more or less tried to wrestle the ball over the line by barging, no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. Very poor form by John Brennan to fous on this after as well.

Any side that outscores opponents by 17 to 10 probably doesn't deserve to lose and Longford showed great composure not to panic after conceding the two goals. Some of the points scored were excellent especially given the blustery cross wind but overall Longford defended very well, apart from the two high balls that lead to the goals. The pass from Paddy Bradley for the first Derry goal was unbelievable and should have been highlighted more on the Sunday Game, whos highlights for such an entertaining exciting game were brutal.

We're well positioned with Limerick next up at home and once we don't get complacent have to be very confident of progressing a stage further...

panc56

Well the celebrations in Spainon Sat night were top notch, even though the Spanards didn't know what they were celebrating. Roll on last night and the party really got going. I might come back out for the Limerick game!

Any footage of Sat in the web?

camanchero

well done to the Larries !
A lot of us expected them to beat Derry - but Longford play good football and deserved the win.

LaurelEye

Quote from: panc56 on July 02, 2012, 01:14:03 PM
Well the celebrations in Spainon Sat night were top notch, even though the Spanards didn't know what they were celebrating. Roll on last night and the party really got going. I might come back out for the Limerick game!

Any footage of Sat in the web?

Just the highlights from TSG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXz5oOdL8Sg
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

panc56

Cheers boss. Feckin hell could they not do a proper Saturday night review programme by now. 3 minutes for what seems to have been a great game. RTE should be ashamed. Derry boss needs a read of the rule book.

theticklemister

Quote from: panc56 on July 02, 2012, 10:07:09 PM
Cheers boss. Feckin hell could they not do a proper Saturday night review programme by now. 3 minutes for what seems to have been a great game. RTE should be ashamed. Derry boss needs a read of the rule book.

yeah another night of GAA action would be a good idea.........................Do ye mind the Monday Game???????

Syferus

Was some weekend for the midlands - Louth, Derry and Armagh came to town and left with their championship cards punched for the year. Limerick, Kerry and Tyrone are next to be buried. No bother.