Longford v Derry - AIFQ 30 June 2012

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 25, 2012, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Lads

Time to get the ball rolling. I won't be there as I will be away on 'vacation' in the USA but I will try and get coverage on Shiteside on the Interwebs.

I'd imagine Longford will name an unchanged side again. Not aware of any injuries picked up in the League matches played since we lost to Wexford.

Derry looked well out of sorts against Donegal but this is a different game against non-Ulster opponents and Derry may up their game to show that they are better than what we all saw the last day.

I hope, of course, home advantage will favour Longford and that we come out on top. Hope the terraces are cleared of the abandoned cars, halting sites and dead greyhounds for the Derry folk.

Whatever the result I hope it's a good game and that the Derry folk that travel are well looked after. Eamon Coleman is still fondly remembered in Longford.

panc56

I won't make it either due to vacation but Newstalk are covering it.

Can't see any changes either maybe Davy Barden, whose form has dipped. Despite Derrys poor showing in Ulster they came up against a very good Donegal team who might go all the way. They have nothing to loose the bookies have them as underdogs. They still have a fair side but it's a game we can win we just need to stay in front and finish it out this time.

theticklemister

Vacation................. Do ye Longford folk not go on holidays like therest of us!!!!!!

Shamrock Shore

We have notions above our station ticklemister!

theticklemister

so where is the best spot for a bit of folk music and then a boogie on a saturday night?

Shamrock Shore

Don't ask me tickle as I think the last time I was out in Longford town was 1992 and that was just for a few pints.

Longfordian

Likewise with Shamrock , I have been out of the loop a few years now with regard to Longford town .... Valentines is a good spot ....Keoghs might have a bit of trad .... Fox's will have a good football crowd after the game .

Is it televised ? ...or will I be stuck with my lug to the radio again !

Shamrock Shore

Longfordian - nah. Not live on the telly like. But I am sure there will be 15 seconds or so coverage on Da Sunda Game.

Rossfan

Quote from: Longfordian on June 26, 2012, 04:05:48 PM
Is it televised ? ...or will I be stuck with my lug to the radio again !
You living overseas?
If in Ireland  sure maybe you could go to th'oul game  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Longford will be fairly confident going into this I'd say. Will Derry have any of their injured players back?

moysider

Quote from: theticklemister on June 26, 2012, 02:19:10 PM
so where is the best spot for a bit of folk music and then a boogie on a saturday night?

In Longford town!! Mother of God, take a hint from the local posters.

Stopped a few times for a take-away (there is a good take-away), with missus and kids coming from airport weekend nights. A lot of people shouting out of vans. Bring an interpreter for drunk midlandish! It s rough and I m used to very rough town indeed. In other words if mine is a 9 in roughness then Longfor' is at least a 7.

ross4life

This should be interesting game some of larries will probably judge Derry on the last game but Donegal can make some of the best teams look poor. Derry are about the same level as Laois & Longford got a narrow win over them.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on June 27, 2012, 12:54:14 AM
This should be interesting game some of larries will probably judge Derry on the last game but Donegal can make some of the best teams look poor. Derry are about the same level as Laois & Longford got a narrow win over them.

Bejayus Armagh better watch out for us so.

Longfordian

Yes Rossfan ...in London .....
Will have to do with Shannonside and the signal cutting out every 5 mins !!

theticklemister

I got a wile feeling Brennan is gonna throw off the shackles on Saturday and 'go for it!'. Derry are not as bad as we seen, tis just that Donegal are miles ahead of most counties. I can see this being the game of the weekend with 2 very attacking teams going hell for leather.