Meath vs Kildare 1st July 12 Croke Park

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Some performance by Meath especially when Kildare came back to score the goal in the 2nd half.

Meath dominated the middle and ensured a steady supply for the Meath forwards.

Kildare looked flat but this will have rocked their confidence.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on July 01, 2012, 03:29:57 PM
Some point! Meath have it now. Kildare fail to live up to their billing yet again.

And us Mayo lads know all about teams not living up to their billing! Jez, the Geezer has only made one Leinster Final in his tenure, never mind winning one. The back door beckons yet again. Do the media still see this group as top 4?

mylestheslasher

Donnellys Hollow

Never have I cared less about a Kildare defeat.

You reap what you sow.

Roll on the county championship.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

joemamas

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 01, 2012, 05:41:00 PM

You reap what you sow.

Strange comment from what seems like a genuine supporter, Is there a lot of apathy in Kidare, or are a lot of supporters pissed off with the whole transfer saga.

thejuice

You reap what you sow.

Ah now, you can't be at that now. We talk ourselves way down more than ye lot. You must be gutted really. I'd like to hear all about how deeply wounding this defeat has been. I'm all ears.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Ard-Rí on July 01, 2012, 03:45:40 PM
We always were better.

And you can all go back to hating us now, FFS.

Ah not yet. Maybe after the Dubs though! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hardy

You reap what you sow.

I know how you feel, DH. I've been in that pit of despondency about our county and the carry on, on and off the field, for two years.

Today, though felt like a fresh breeze. The team played as we expect our teams to play and displayed just about everything good about Meath football and our way of playing the game (apart from a worrying tendency to be a bit too nice). If that's down to McEnaney, even if only to the extent of his being responsible for putting the right coaching and selection team in place, then I'll just have to put aside my distaste for the man and his antics and for the whole bought-in circus and be happy that we're playing as we should again.

It may be a false dawn – we don't know what we beat today and Kildare looked a confused, lethargic and demoralised outfit to me. But a Leinster Final against Dublin will be a great occasion and will surely tell us whether this is real or not. We'll know then whether the team really can overcome the farce that is football administration in the county, with a manager hanging on despite being rejected by over 50% of the clubs and a chairman holding onto his place having had his policy initiative rejected by the clubs as well.

I saw a handshake between McEnaney and Allen at the end of the match today. I suppose playing success can paper over a lot of cracks.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: thejuice on July 01, 2012, 06:18:20 PM

You reap what you sow.

Ah now, you can't be at that now. We talk ourselves way down more than ye lot. You must be gutted really. I'd like to hear all about how deeply wounding this defeat has been. I'm all ears.

You're better than that Juice.

I have sympathy for the players especially the likes of Doyle and Earley but it's hard not to think we got what we deserve after the farce that went on yesterday.

Well done to Meath and I hope they repeat their performance in three weeks time.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Jez, chill out on Kildare. A few lads tried a quick one. Rules are there to get around. Nobody died. Jez, Kildare themselves know all about losing players to more successful counties (at the time). Remember Larry Tompkins and Shay Fahey doing their bit for Cork in the late 80's early 90's. And believe me Cork would have won nothing without them. Ironically Meath were their Nemisis at the time.

Croí na hÉireann

Found myself on my feet this afternoon cheering a Peadar Byrne goal, I may need professional help to overcome this. Not sure whether to stick or twist for the final, I don't want a visit from the mob.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ard-Rí

QuoteJez, chill out on Kildare. A few lads tried a quick one. Rules are there to get around. Nobody died. Jez, Kildare themselves know all about losing players to more successful counties (at the time). Remember Larry Tompkins and Shay Fahey doing their bit for Cork in the late 80's early 90's. And believe me Cork would have won nothing without them. Ironically Meath were their Nemisis at the time.
We have a deep commitment to the ethos of the GAA.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Dinny Breen

Haven't read through the thread so no doubt deserved schadenfreude is rampant..

Before I choose my side in the civil war that has erupted in Kildare just a quick congrats to Hardy, Jinxy, The Juice Ard-Rí etc, Meath were fully deserved winners, no complaints they were the best team in Croke Park today and if they play like that they will give the Dubs a right rattle, if my depression clears in time I'll go along...
#newbridgeornowhere

Pangurban

Thought Meath were absolutely brilliant today, Gaelic Football at its best, look forward to seeing more of them. A Down V Meath final would see football as the winner