Meath vs Kildare 1st July 12 Croke Park

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, June 17, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Apparently Xabi Alonso supports Meath. I wonder if he'll get to see this match before the Euro final that night?

thejuice

Meath (SFC v Kildare) -

D Gallagher,

D Keogan, B Menton, C Lenehan,
D Tobin, S McAnarney, M Burke,

C Gillespie, B Meade,

A Forde, D Carroll, G Reilly,
B Farrell, J Sheridan, C Ward.

Kevin Reilly ruled out with injury.

This is going to be a bad day out me fears.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Kevin Reilly is the worlds most injured man at this stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

He's that injury prone he'd die twice so he would.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ohtoohtobe

I assume Reilly would have marked O'Connor and that Menton will now?

Ard-Rí

I hear we're 15/2 and Cill Dara are 1/3  ...
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Hardy

Grab that 1/3.

Double it up with a picture of a wistful Seanie Johnston to appear in tomorrow's Irish Times, dreamily contemplating the mystique of hurling.

Keane

Reilly is a really big miss for Meath. O'Connor is tough enough to deal with, and not only will Menton have his hands full with him but you're also losing his presence from the half back line which is another loss.

Kildare to win this with a fair bit to spare IMO.

Ohtoohtobe

Not to be distrusting but I'll believe Reilly isn't starting when I see it.
If he is out, any chance McAnarney might be the man to mark O'Connor, with Menton staying CHB?

seafoid

Wouldn't it be gas if Meath scored 3 goals in the first half and no points and Kildare were totally deflated and gave up.

mylestheslasher

So is there one of those legendary kicks in meath against all the odds? For first time ever I am hoping for a meath victory.

seafoid

There must be a wall of Kildare money on the lilies. I remember the third  weekend of September 1998 when  they were unbackable too.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2012, 07:17:51 PM
There must be a wall of Kildare money on the lilies. I remember the third  weekend of September 1998 when  they were unbackable too.

Sure it's Derby weekend. There won't be a cent layed on the football with the Curragh on.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ard-Rí

Please don't cheer for us, we thrive on hatred.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

seafoid