Pubs to watch games in Chicago?

Started by Doohicky, May 29, 2012, 05:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doohicky

Going to be there for work for the Tyrone/Armagh game.

Anyone got good recommendations of where I could watch the match?

AZOffaly

IolarCoisCuain

AZ is correct. Fado is the default Irish sports bar in Chicago: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/chicago/

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Doohicky on May 29, 2012, 05:08:22 PM
Going to be there for work for the Tyrone/Armagh game.

Anyone got good recommendations of where I could watch the match?

We are you going to be -North side, South side or downtown?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Doohicky

Thanks all.

Fado don't seem to have the match on their schedule, but I'll give them a shout to confirm.

Been recommended the Kerryman as well by some work ones.
Hopefully get sorted.

Oh, and Northside I believe.

the Deel Rover

Used to watch the matches in the Abbey bar many years ago don't know what it's like now or if it's still there. A Mayo woman used to run it .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

fingerbob

Working in a camp for the summer in northern Wisconsin near a town called Eagle River. Anyone know of any bars near there I could watch the championship/euros?

ludermor

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 30, 2012, 02:37:27 PM
Used to watch the matches in the Abbey bar many years ago don't know what it's like now or if it's still there. A Mayo woman used to run it .
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/5632915-421/abbey-pub-gets-update-from-reality-tv-team.html not sure if this happened?

redandblack4ever

If you are going to be on the Southside Cullen's Pub on Southwest Highway in Oak Lawn and Gaelic Park on West 147th Street in Oak Forest are your two options. Both are all right to watch games in, but I prefer to watch them at home from my computer.

Fado is very pricey and the Abbey Pub still shows the games. The Mayo woman still runs the place, Deel Rover, her name is Breige Looney. I don't like Fado but the Abbey is spot on.

As for Eagle River, WI, I don't have a clue. You could try to see if any pubs in Cheeseheadland show the GAA games at Setanta.
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

you take er!

Is the Fiddlers in Chicago Ridge still there? St. Brendans lads all drank there when I played for them. Or the Goalposts which was a Wolfe Tones Bar??

redandblack4ever

No, Fiddler's went under about 6-7 years ago. Never was in the place. The Goalpost's still around and going strong. You did know the Brendan's don't exist as a club anymore. I guess what goes around, comes around... ;D  ;D  :D

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

FL/MAYO

Quote from: redandblack4ever on May 31, 2012, 04:17:36 PM
No, Fiddler's went under about 6-7 years ago. Never was in the place. The Goalpost's still around and going strong. You did know the Brendan's don't exist as a club anymore. I guess what goes around, comes around... ;D  ;D  :D
What happened Brendans, they were a big club just ten years ago.

ziggy90

Are the Wolfe Tones still going?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Doohicky on May 30, 2012, 10:02:39 AM
Thanks all.

Fado don't seem to have the match on their schedule, but I'll give them a shout to confirm.

Been recommended the Kerryman as well by some work ones.
Hopefully get sorted.

Oh, and Northside I believe.

The Abbey will have it............http://www.abbeypub.com/sports

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: fingerbob on May 30, 2012, 03:10:44 PM
Working in a camp for the summer in northern Wisconsin near a town called Eagle River. Anyone know of any bars near there I could watch the championship/euros?

I doubt if it will be shown up in the "Northwoods" but if you can get a ride to Minneapolis Minnesota go to The Local about a 5 hr drive   http://www.the-local.com/
or get ahold of Stew on here, he lives in Green Bay WI which is 3 hrs away, he may know of a spot.