Belfast Tele Forum

Started by Wildweasel74, May 19, 2012, 02:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

After reading to much crap on replies to letters / psoting on the belfast tele website when is too much enough, On here there is a standard set of rules about what can be said, warnings etc, ability to remove postings, and outright banning of posters causing trouble, but there seems to be no rules on what you can post on their forum, people posting untrue statements, bigots seem to come to the fore on it big time, and it basically seems to be a free run for anybody, does the tele have no body who checks content before its posted online?? it seems to me they promote conflict to up the anti on it, very rarely have  i read any nice postings on it in relation to the gaa with a them against us theme a constant on it. hell there nothing worst that getting abuse for all things gaa when the people posting this crap seem to know nothing about it, they obviously never seen a game, know little of GAA values etc, but like mr frazier people they days can say what they want and get a fools pardon for it, about time the Belfast telegraph take some responsibilty for what posted on there website.

Eamonnca1

I used to post on another forum with a regular feature called "Today's dopey letter to the Tele."  Most days there's at least one letter that makes me despair of the quality of education in the north.

dillinger

Sure you can post crap as you say on any forum, even here. Ever look at p.ie Northern Ireland section? Mad people post there. :)

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: dillinger on May 19, 2012, 11:03:31 AM
Sure you can post crap as you say on any forum, even here. Ever look at p.ie Northern Ireland section? Mad people post there. :)

I wouldn't confine that to the NI section...

thejuice

Politics.ie is abysmal. Somehow the topics run for 50 pages with only a few crumbs of decent discussion ever occurring.  Never seen the Tele one. I imagine its no slugger. Slugger is really good but I feel completely out of my depth to post there. Real political anoraks on that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016