Meed agin Wickla

Started by thejuice, May 16, 2012, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

Quote from: attheraces on May 27, 2012, 04:17:02 PM
Couldn't believe the score after 10 mins, is there a big wind lads?

Yes, according to the commentators.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

Wicklow 0-08
Meath 0-09

After 4 mins of 2nd half

Glynn off injured
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Wicklow 0-08
Meath 0-10

After 10 mins of 2nd half

thejuice

11 to 8 now. Finding our groove now

thejuice

thejuice

Meath 0-12
Wicklow 0-09

Ard-Rí

Meath 0-13
Wicklow 0-10
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

Close finish for this one

Ard-Rí

Wicklow man sent off. 2 mins normal time left.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Ard-Rí

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Ard-Rí

FT Score.

Meath 0-16
Wicklow 0-11
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

Job done today, need to get injured players back for the next day.
Cian Ward should be dropped.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sea The Stars

Cian Ward worked hard. Didn't get his hands on a lot of ball but can't be faulted for effort. He's playing out of position to accomodate Joe Sheridan and Brian Farrell who between them gave up plenty of possession very cheaply. Although that was a bit more like the 2007 Farrell who only needs a glimpse of the posts.

Banty needs to refine the tactics. A lot of players are very nervous kicking the ball more than 30 yards (Gillespie, Menton, Meade, Burke). Joe dosen't want to run out to the wings either which in turn makes it hard for Farrell to make a run. When Farrell does run, he tries to use his hips to edge his marker out of the way but then leaves the ball behind him. How many times did that happen today. I thought Joe looked plenty slow enough but credit to him, he showed leadership when it was needed most. I think he's an enigma.

Meade had a good day and Gillespie gradually got into it. Bigey was a good choice for midfield - thought he'd start there after his performance there in Boardsmill a few weeks ago. But in saying all that, I think there'll be better midfields down the road.

Donal Keoghan turned out to be best of the debutants although Tobin was solid. Burke and Kevin Reilly did their jobs but McAnarney had a rough time of it I thought. Of the other new faces, Forde did okay but the game slipped by Mark Collins a bit. Which was disappointing. Although he did produce a couple of nice passes. A lovely effortless kicker and glides around the place when he soloes. I hope things work better for him the next day.

Hard luck to Wicklow.

Dinny Breen

I see Banty couldn't in even "We", it was Meath this and they that, a broken man...
#newbridgeornowhere