Ballaghaderreen - what is the gig?

Started by Aaron Boone, May 11, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2013, 09:19:26 AM
Andy, did you forget wearing the Primrose and Blue with big Mike Finneran for the ould soccer?  Where is your home-place? >:(

I'm sure Andy won't mind me revealing his dah won't ever shout for Mayo when they're playing but he'll shout for his Rossie son 8)

Don't know if I should cry or be proud when Sam arrives in Ballagh on Monday.

The 'ould soccer'?

This thread reads like a slow descent into insanity.
MWWSI 2017

spuds

Noun   1.   covetousness - an envious eagerness to possess something
enviousness, envy - a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

deiseach

I'm sorry I missed this thread the first time around. Great stuff.

Rossfan

Don't know if I should cry or be proud when IF Sam arrives in Ballagh on Monday.

Do neither.
Keep your dignity and just ignore the traitorous hoors.
Visit the Dermot Earley statue, go for a trip around our lovely County and thank God for making you a Rossie.
You could also drop into a Church and pray for the conversion of the Ballagh Haythens while you're at it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2013, 10:58:55 AM

Don't know if I should cry or be proud when IF Sam arrives in Ballagh on Monday.

Do neither.
Visit the Dermot Earley statue, go for a trip around our lovely County and thank God for making you a Rossie.
You could also drop into a Church and pray for the conversion of the Ballagh Haythens while you're at it.

Is the plan still on for that lad that built Achill Henge to put in place the Great Wall of Connacht between Ballagh and Frenchpark after Sam passes Douglas Hydes place?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: Tubberman on September 19, 2013, 09:11:08 AM
Like a dagger through the heart for Syferus ;)

Interview with Andy Moran on gaa.ie
http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1909130815-my-club-and-i-andy-moran/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, are you a Mayo man or a Roscomman man then?

Oh yeah, a Mayo man. It's amazing. Your identity is Mayo. In my family, my father is a Roscommon man and my mother is from Mayo. The games I used to go to, all my friends were from Mayo. I went to a lot of Mayo games and a lot of Roscommon games growing up. But my identity is totally Mayo.

No mention of Sean Kilbride when talking about famous Ballagh players or the late John Morley who was a key figure for both Mayo & Ballagh.

So lets see Andy is Ballagh man through & through which is a town in county Roscommon and kicked his first football in Roscommon his dad brought him to his first GAA game where Roscommon were playing and he grew up wearing the primrose and Blue jersey yet his identity is totally Mayo...

Oh yeah, right  ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 19, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Do neither.

Is the plan still on for that lad that built Achill Henge to put in place the Great Wall of Connacht between Ballagh and Frenchpark after Sam passes Douglas Hydes place?
Ros Co Co won't give Planning Permission to an eejit to build a wall in the middle of Co Roscommon.
I presume if ye win Sam  :o :o :o :-[ ye'll fly him to Knock to celebrate a miracle ( and to stop us bucks ambushing ye to take him off the Bus.)

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2013, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 19, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Do neither.

Ros Co Co won't give Planning Permission to an eejit to build a wall in the middle of Co Roscommon.
I presume if ye win Sam  :o :o :o :-[ ye'll fly him to Knock to celebrate a miracle ( and to stop us bucks ambushing ye to take him off the Bus.)

The lad in question doesn't do planning permission.

Rossfan

He'll get short shrift if he tries to start any rhubarbness in this County.

Syferus

Ballagh is in a mental state today, lads up on roofs with Rhubarb flags just for the feck of it. Ros flags inter-twined with Mayo flags, ghastly sights.

5 Sams

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2013, 07:28:37 PM
Ballagh is in a mental state tday, lads up on roofs woth Rhubarb flags just for the frvk of it. Ros flags inter-twined with Mayo flags, ghastly sights.
Was through it on Tuesday. Mad!!!
The Aristocrat Years

larryin89

Ballagh is in a mental state tday, lads up on roofs woth Rhubarb flags just for the frvk of it. Ros flags inter-twined with Mayo flags, ghastly sights.

Love to know who you are.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Frenchpark interloper.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Ok, larryin89!

And Rhu God, I'm from the other side of Ballagh. Castlerea on the address, Ballagh in the heart :-*