are online dating sites the end of society as we know it?

Started by lawnseed, April 29, 2012, 12:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

i got this mate who's Mrs gave him the gate. well after a couple of months of feeling sorry for himself he was introduced to an on-line dating site that i wont name just yet. practically seconds after putting on his picture (hes no brad Pitt) he was contacted by a very nice looking young lady who wanted to meet him asap. shocked he put her off thinking she must be a nutter then minutes later another one also wanting to meet up for 'fun'.  he spent a tenner for a weeks subscription and hes had about a dozen contacts and hes met one so far for 'fun'. no questions asked. she drove 20miles and picked him up. hes 40ish and baldly and his phone is beeping away.. now hes fully booked. is this the shape of things to come? no more shiten yourself building up the nerve to ask a girl out..? no more learning chat up skills?? no more wingmen? no more good looking one with ugly mates? why head to a disco/club? the rest of us thought this was bizarre, hilarious, crazy! tbh i didn't believe a word of what he was telling me but its very real. i have to say hes a new man shaved and shining and in great form. he showed me pictures of these girls theres some real lookers on there.
     so whats the story has society changed? is it better? or are there so many people about who cant find a partner the conventional way that this is the new nightclub? or is it a poor reflection on life in the new millennium. at the minute I'm in shock i didn't know any thing about this stuff
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

King Kenny

I've a mate who says he'd need two tools at the minute, never had it so good.  Same carry on, a popular dating website.

It seems to cut thro the crap.  Selective sexy time if you will.   8)

lawnseed

Quote from: King Kenny on April 29, 2012, 12:18:18 AM
I've a mate who says he'd need two tools at the minute, never had it so good.  Same carry on, a popular dating website.

It seems to cut thro the crap.  Selective sexy time if you will.   8)

some of these women are class looking. is there nobody asking them out. i'm only married 13 years has the thing changed since i was running about? is this what you do.. go drinking with your mates then head home and go on the computer. i suppose it saves paying a taxi.. etc.. maybe it is better.. will anybody bother getting married?

Tony Baloney

A lad in work got married a year or so ago after meeting his blade on one of these sites. Dead on fella at work but too shy for bars and nightclubs. A rake of pints and a lap of the dancefloor will never go out of fashion.

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 29, 2012, 12:29:35 AM
A lad in work got married a year or so ago after meeting his blade on one of these sites. Dead on fella at work but too shy for bars and nightclubs. A rake of pints and a lap of the dancefloor will never go out of fashion.

some of them are standing in their underwear with their faces blurred tony... :D wtf... i think i know those curtains.. ;D
it must be remembered that these sites hold on to your details forever so if some day your running for the aras you can be sure it'll turn up. your hot date with sexy sonia

thejuice

I'm not all that surprised. The ladies are just fed up with the clubs and pubs. They feel a bit more secure. They can control their appearance/first impressions and keep a safe distance from the men too. To be honest, I think if you see a woman out in a club these days they're not really on the pull anymore just want to be out with friends.

I know so many women who are on them. Some really good looking women too, who for some reason cant find a good lad. Though it doesn't seem like the websites have improved things for them though. The stories of the w**kers, wasters and nutters they seem to go on dates with.

Nightclubs were always the worst. f**king worst way to try and pick someone up I always found. Roaring in a womans ear while drunk, dancing to music you hate. Just not a formula for success.

House parties, now that's where the action happens.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Agent Orange

On another forum I use we have a dating thread were posters put up links to local hotties or more often than not the not so hot. On one of the main dating sites that are linked to you can only view 5 profiles as a guest, so I signed up, for research purposes only, and other than a username, age and vague location my profile has no other info. Certainly no photos or anything like that, but I still get regular messages from local women looking to hook up.
If you were single it would be a very handy way of meeting a lot of partners, certainly easier than doing laps of Laceys on a Sunday night.

thebigfella

Ikea is a great spot.

If a women is in buying stuff there on their own or with a female friend, they are deffinately single. Just strike up a conversation over the billy bookcase and you'll have the digits in no time.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Agent Orange on April 29, 2012, 01:55:05 PM
On another forum I use we have a dating thread were posters put up links to local hotties or more often than not the not so hot. On one of the main dating sites that are linked to you can only view 5 profiles as a guest, so I signed up, for research purposes only, and other than a username, age and vague location my profile has no other info. Certainly no photos or anything like that, but I still get regular messages from local women looking to hook up.
If you were single it would be a very handy way of meeting a lot of partners, certainly easier than doing laps of Laceys on a Sunday night.

You really do need to start getting out more
Careful now

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

illdecide

I'll tell u another one. A mate of mine was telling me that after his marriage ended he too signed up to "Speed Dating" in Belfast where he paid £20 for the night and worked his way around the floor (i'm sure you all know how speed dating works), anyway long story short he has banged 3 women since his 1st night and one of them got it in the car park of Harlequins car park in Belfast after the speed dating was over. I have to say this lad  hasn't much hair either and his we pot belly can't be that attractive :D :D :D but the moral is he's getting his leg over for £20 and he's not the prettiest ;)

So as someone mentioned there's no more buying drink all night to some Fecker that you've no chance of mauling just get speed dating or onto one of them sites you lot are talking about...RESULT.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Agent Orange

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 29, 2012, 03:00:34 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on April 29, 2012, 01:55:05 PM

You really do need to start getting out more

You really do need to work on your chat up lines.

Milltown Row2

A friend of mine used it, well a few people I know used the same site, Match.com he was never done taking women out,  but you have to meet for dinner and drinks, that's 100 quid FFS!!

I think they are more and more common now, as for it being the end of society, no defo not. Could see myself signing up if I got the boot :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orangemac

Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2012, 05:07:01 PM
I'll tell u another one. A mate of mine was telling me that after his marriage ended he too signed up to "Speed Dating" in Belfast where he paid £20 for the night and worked his way around the floor (i'm sure you all know how speed dating works), anyway long story short he has banged 3 women since his 1st night and one of them got it in the car park of Harlequins car park in Belfast after the
speed dating was over.
I thought the 3 minutes in speed dating was to introduce yourself :D