@Steven McDonnell tweets a retirement announcement!

Started by muppet, April 12, 2012, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 20, 2012, 01:14:50 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 20, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Quote from: Midman on April 20, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
With Stevie and Hearty gone does that  leave Ronan Clarke (if he ever returns)  as the only link to the 2002 panel??

Hearty doesnt count as he was a sub.

Poor post Football is more then a 15 man game course it counts he trained every bit as much as the 15 players that started the game

Bad post surely, since the question said PANEL not TEAM. Ronan Clarke is the last team member left, hearty and stevie were the last other panel members. Andy mallon started in 2003, he was next closest. Just thinking about it, the lads around 28-29 in the armagh squad would be the oldest now?

Orior

Quote from: Orchardman on April 20, 2012, 11:28:39 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on April 20, 2012, 01:14:50 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 20, 2012, 12:34:12 PM
Quote from: Midman on April 20, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
With Stevie and Hearty gone does that  leave Ronan Clarke (if he ever returns)  as the only link to the 2002 panel??

Hearty doesnt count as he was a sub.

Poor post Football is more then a 15 man game course it counts he trained every bit as much as the 15 players that started the game

Bad post surely, since the question said PANEL not TEAM. Ronan Clarke is the last team member left, hearty and stevie were the last other panel members. Andy mallon started in 2003, he was next closest. Just thinking about it, the lads around 28-29 in the armagh squad would be the oldest now?

Agreed. Withdrawn in shame
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Another Armagh and Gaelic football icon retires, Stevie  was the epitome of all that was good about Gaelic football, he is and was extremely athletic, was a true two footed footballer and he was as good a finisher as the game has seen in the last 20 or 30 years.

Stevie, have a ball in retirement and go knowing that you brought joy to tens of thousands of Armagh fans as well as fans from all over the Country. legend.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orangemac

Quote from: ONeill on April 29, 2012, 12:58:59 AM
A great player he was. Unfortunately, he'll be remembered for this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLHctNelXo
Thats what Gormley will be remembered for. Should have took it with his left foot.

If he had scored that there would have been 3 or 4 Tyrone players remembered for missing easier goal chances in the same game.

JUst retired

If I remember right,gormley should have been sent of way before that in that game. :o

Applesisapples

Ancient history now lads, let it go. Stevie will be remembered for much, much more an outstanding footballer of his generation and a gentleman as well.

Etienne Lantier

A great player he was. Unfortunately, he'll be remembered for this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLHctNelXo

Much the same way in that Stephen O'Neill is remembered for ending John Toal's career.

tonto1888

Quote from: Etienne Lantier on May 01, 2012, 09:28:37 AM

Much the same way in that Stephen O'Neill is remembered for ending John Toal's career.

a good comeback, though I dont think either should be remembered for these two things

Armaghtothebone

The "ulster full forward line" of the last 20 years

PTG
Mickey Linden
Stevie

?

yellowcard

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 01, 2012, 10:18:47 PM

PTG
Mickey Linden
Stevie

?

Canavan
Clarke
Stevie

tbrick18

Quote from: yellowcard on May 01, 2012, 11:15:47 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 01, 2012, 10:18:47 PM

PTG
Mickey Linden
Stevie

?

Canavan
Clarke
Stevie

in the last 20 years in Ulster there have been quite a number of marquee forwards,
Mickey Linden
Paddy Bradley
Steven O'Neill
Pete Canavan
Stevie McDonnell
Benny Coulter
Oisin McConville
Tommy Freeman
Ronan Clarke (when he's not injured)

You could pick any 3 out of that for the ulster full forward line of the last 20 years and each would be as good as the other IMO.

DuffleKing

Oisin was never a marquee inside forward at county level. played all of his best football in the half forward line.

stevie, Clarke, Canavan for me

Applesisapples

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 02, 2012, 10:30:38 AM

Oisin was never a marquee inside forward at county level. played all of his best football in the half forward line.

Probably just about right in terms of consistent performance at the top level.

nrico2006

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 02, 2012, 11:45:35 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 02, 2012, 10:30:38 AM

Probably just about right in terms of consistent performance at the top level.

Don't see how Ronan Clarke can be in there if we are talking about consistent performance at the top level. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'