All Ireland U21 Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Nice to be raising this topic  8)
Saturday week we'll have :
Ros v Cavan/Tyrone
Dublin v Cork/Kerry.
A Ros/Cavan game would be a cert for Pearse Park while if it's Tyrone no doubt they will try and drag us to Breffni. Hopefully we'll fight for a neutral Leinster Venue.
Dublin v Cork will be Portlaoise while a Dub/Kerry tie likely to go to Limerick as Kerry never seem to be made travel outside their own Province for  non Senior All Irl games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Be it minor,club or senior level we have a poor recent record in Pearse park i would prefer somewhere like Tullamore. The last four will have a stronger look than it had the last time we reached it (two years ago)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Ah cmon, it'd be stupid to have a Ros-Cav/Ty game anywhere in Leonster but Pearse Park. A few losses a different grades doesn't create a 'record', it's totally different opposition and Pearse Park is no different than any other county ground besides being one of the best designed  county grounds in the country

Rossfan

Results
Cavan 1-10 Tyrone 0-10
Cork 2-12 Kerry 1-14

So it's Ros v Cavan and Dublin v Cork.

The new big 4 ? ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Kerry improved from last years heavy defeat to Cork, sounded like good game tonight. Looking forward to our meeting with Cavan we had some good battles in the hasting cup &  the rossies are due a win over Cavan.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Should be a fantastic occasion in Pearse Park. The winners will be underdogs in the final but I can see either upsetting the odds in the final. Some very good games to round off this year's u21 championship.

Captain Obvious

Has the venues been chosen for the semi finals?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 11, 2012, 11:01:13 PM

Only place the Ros/Cavan game can be is Pearse Park. The only thing that'd change that would be if the GAA decided on a double header in somewhere like Tullamore.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 11:04:39 PM

Only place the Ros/Cavan game can be is Pearse Park. The only thing that'd change that would be if the GAA decided on a double header in somewhere like Tullamore.
Loads of places available in Ulster to play it.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 11, 2012, 11:13:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2012, 11:04:39 PM

Loads of places available in Ulster to play it.

Nice try.  :-X

Love the pace of the u21 tournament, it's only a week and a half to the the semi and only three weeks since we beat Mayo in the Connacht semi.

ross4life

How about playing Roscommon v Cavan in Paric Sean Mac Diarmada,Carrick-On-Shannon half way point for both & a good compact pitch to play your football on.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2012, 11:33:53 PM
How about playing Roscommon v Cavan in Paric Sean Mac Diarmada,Carrick-On-Shannon half way point for both & a good compact pitch to play your football on.

Half way point from where? Longford is actually between the two counties. Carrick is nearby for me so I'm not bothered, but Longford suits alot more.

Denn Forever

Where does sense come into these things?

We played Galway there in the semi final in 1988!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2012, 12:00:11 AM

Half way point from where? Longford is actually between the two counties. Carrick is nearby for me so I'm not bothered, but Longford suits alot more.
So is Leitrim here's a nice colourful map to illustrate.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2012, 12:20:20 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2012, 12:00:11 AM

So is Leitrim here's a nice colourful map to illustrate.

The tips of both counties intersect Leitrim, the bulk of the hearts of both counties are almost parallel with Longford. Carrick is also, err, in Roscommon. Don't tell the Cavan folk, with everyone using sat navs they'll never realise it until it's too late.

I feel like I'm back in geography class. And Galway was half way to the moon that year anyway, so that map is not factually correct.