All Ireland U21 Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, April 11, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Carrick is also, err, in Roscommon. Don't tell the Cavan folk, with everyone using sat navs they'll never realise it until it's too late.
I feel like I'm back in geography class. And Galway was half way to the moon that year anyway, so that map is not factually correct.
Yes some of Carrick is but not the pitch. Don't know about Galway, Dublin certainly felt half way to the moon.

Anyways you have you mind set for Longford. Gaa might set a double header elsewhere.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Cadburys U-21 All-Ireland Semi final. Cavan V Roscommon Saturday 21st Longford at 4pm.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Syferus

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 15, 2012, 07:19:11 PM
Cadburys U-21 All-Ireland Semi final. Cavan V Roscommon Saturday 21st Longford at 4pm.

Source? And that means the other semi is on somewhere else, then?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Syferus on April 15, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 15, 2012, 07:19:11 PM

Source? And that means the other semi is on somewhere else, then?

Cavan GAA Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/CavanCoBoardGaa
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rossfan

TG4  at tosnĂș ag 1.30 i.n De Satharn.
Corcaigh v BAC ag 2 ansin?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

So both games will be televised a bit of common sense for once. Would have liked a game under lights.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Captain Obvious

Denn Forever

Portlaoise would the place to be for a neutral.

Leinster champions Dublin play Cork in Portlaoise at 2pm with last year's beaten finalists, Cavan, taking on Roscommon in Glennon Brother's Pearse Park at 4pm.

Both games will be live on TG4.

The replayed Allianz HL Division 1A relegation playoff between Dublin and Galway is also on Saturday, with the game forming part of a double header in Portlaoise, with a 4pm throw in.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Will TG4 then show the Hurling instead of the Cavan game?

rodney trotter

Pearse Park with 8,000 is big enough. There was only 11,000 at the Cork-Down game yesterday in Croker. Be no point playing the game in a bigger capacity ground when realistally 8,000 is the most that would probaly attend an U21 semi. A All Ireland final is different thats when you see the arm chair fans appear for a big day in Croke Park. If there was 5,500 at the u21 final last week with a lots of free seats from what i saw ,why would why there big be a sudden rise for the semi...\

Denn Forever

Quote from: Westside on April 16, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
Will TG4 then show the Hurling instead of the Cavan game?

13:30 GAA Beo Roscommon v Cavan and Dublin v Cork (Throw-ins TBA). Micheal O Domhnaill presents coverage of the All-Ireland Under-21 Football Championship semi-finals. Commentary by Brian Tyers.     

Hopefully they will stick to this.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 16, 2012, 02:04:02 PM
Pearse Park with 8,000 is big enough. There was only 11,000 at the Cork-Down game yesterday in Croker. Be no point playing the game in a bigger capacity ground when realistally 8,000 is the most that would probaly attend an U21 semi. A All Ireland final is different thats when you see the arm chair fans appear for a big day in Croke Park. If there was 5,500 at the u21 final last week with a lots of free seats from what i saw ,why would why there big be a sudden rise for the semi...\

We will see on saturday but i think it could be tight enough. 

Cavan will travel in big numbers and Ros have good support also. 

ross4life

TV might lessen the crowd. What's the deal if ET in Portlaoise do they delay the game in Longford?

seafoid

Presumably Cavan wouldn't give the Rossies as much respect as they did to Galway last year. ::)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on April 16, 2012, 06:14:14 PM
Presumably Cavan wouldn't give the Rossies as much respect as they did to Galway last year. ::)
Not many of that Cavan team left. Different game,different team,different mindset.