The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 12, 2016, 10:23:53 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 12, 2016, 09:43:25 AM
Signed up to a personal trainer for 6 weeks in January and early Feb. Also recording everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app (free to download). It makes you think twice about what you eat. The PT is drawing me up a dietary plan.

Nutri bullets are great for getting all the goodness in and makes a tasty alternative to a bun with tea at work or cake after dinner!

Any nice recipes??

To be honest you can put anything in. Great way of achieving your 5 a day which I find difficult otherwise. A typical one for me would be berries (strawberry/blueberry/raspberry), banana, pineapple, spinach or kale. You could fill a 1/3 of it with spinach/kale and it would still taste fruity.

Havent tried it yet but apparently you can add nuts/protein etc.

Just found this link - looks good! https://www.nutribullet.com/recipes.html

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 12, 2016, 10:28:46 AM
Signed up to a personal trainer for 6 weeks in January and early Feb. Also recording everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app (free to download). It makes you think twice about what you eat. The PT is drawing me up a dietary plan.

Nutri bullets are great for getting all the goodness in and makes a tasty alternative to a bun with tea at work or cake after dinner!

Any nice recipes??

To be honest you can put anything in. Great way of achieving your 5 a day which I find difficult otherwise. A typical one for me would be berries (strawberry/blueberry/raspberry), banana, pineapple, spinach or kale. You could fill a 1/3 of it with spinach/kale and it would still taste fruity.

Cheers....

Sounds like something to invest in.....

Walter Cronc

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 12, 2016, 10:30:52 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 12, 2016, 10:28:46 AM

Any nice recipes??

Cheers....

Sounds like something to invest in.....

Yeah around £60 online. Well worth it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 12, 2016, 09:46:21 AM
ive nearly 5 stone off since last Easter - going well

Five stone!! Fecking hell!! mixture of healthy eating, cutting out drink and exercise ?

Wife is trying this Aloe Vera detox thing soon!! in my opinion another waste of time and money (£80) to do something that will take weight off initially but bring it back and more after its done!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2016, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 12, 2016, 09:46:21 AM
ive nearly 5 stone off since last Easter - going well

Five stone!! Fecking hell!! mixture of healthy eating, cutting out drink and exercise ?

Wife is trying this Aloe Vera detox thing soon!! in my opinion another waste of time and money (£80) to do something that will take weight off initially but bring it back and more after its done!!

slimming world and walking - sin e
Still had me wine at the weekend
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Franko

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2016, 11:25:11 AM
Nutri Bullet  ::)

You may throw it out Walter.  Our resident dietician and general authority has spoken.

Hardy

Sorry Walter - not getting at you. It looks like a great blender and you can buy the blender without buying the lying pseudo-scientific hype my emoticon was referring to. You don't have to be a dietitian or even a general authority, whatever that is, to recognise wacky woo when you see it.

general_lee

I don't need to lose weight per se (can never be toned enough though) but I am very conscious of my diet of late. Lose fat around the gut and put on more muscle is my aim though I doubt I am doing it right.

I'm trying to cut out salt, sugar, red meat,  all pork products, caffeine, dairy, general shite etc and try and get 5 a day every day and stick to fish and chicken as much as possible.

All this is not easy when you are addicted to chocolate. Not to mention virtually everything on the supermarket shelves is full of salt and/or sugar!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2016, 11:44:36 AM
Sorry Walter - not getting at you. It looks like a great blender and you can buy the blender without buying the lying pseudo-scientific hype my emoticon was referring to. You don't have to be a dietitian or even a general authority, whatever that is, to recognise wacky woo when you see it.

None taken - I joined the hoards and got one. Sure frig it. To me £60 is well worth it when its good for my health :)

laoislad

Quote from: general_lee on January 12, 2016, 11:50:40 AM
I don't need to lose weight per se (can never be toned enough though) but I am very conscious of my diet of late. Lose fat around the gut and put on more muscle is my aim though I doubt I am doing it right.

I'm trying to cut out salt, sugar, red meat,  all pork products, caffeine, dairy, general shite etc and try and get 5 a day every day and stick to fish and chicken as much as possible.

All this is not easy when you are addicted to chocolate. Not to mention virtually everything on the supermarket shelves is full of salt and/or sugar!
I'm no expert but the problem I see with that approach is its so drastic that it's never going to work.
What I mean is you're going from eating all those things to going cold turkey on them.
I use a everything in moderation approach.  I still have all those things I like ie the chocolate, odd takeaway etc but I also try eat more healthy 80% of the time.
I find I can never give up these things completely and I think anyway thats why a lot of people end up not finishing these diets or going back on onto the unhealthy diet even harder and actually end up gaining more weight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

aontroim abu

just downloaded this, looks the part

general_lee

Quote from: laoislad on January 12, 2016, 12:25:23 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 12, 2016, 11:50:40 AM

I'm no expert but the problem I see with that approach is its so drastic that it's never going to work.
What I mean is you're going from eating all those things to going cold turkey on them.
I use a everything in moderation approach.  I still have all those things I like ie the chocolate, odd takeaway etc but I also try eat more healthy 80% of the time.
I find I can never give up these things completely and I think anyway thats why a lot of people end up not finishing these diets or going back on onto the unhealthy diet even harder and actually end up gaining more weight.
I get what you're saying and that's what I'm like with chocolate which is why I'm never going to even try giving it up. For instance I guzzled a big bag of giant buttons in about 20 seconds there on sat eve and could have easily ate another one right after lol.

But overall I'm not a fussy eater so I don't really miss things and can replace them easily. I wouldn't go about trying to give them all up at once either. I stopped eating sweets about 2 years ago and ditto fizzy drinks, so now all I would drink is water, fruit juice, green tea and the odd normal tea. Plus a sneaky coffee on a sat morning. I haven't had fry up in months either. I think my main problem is portion sizes and eating too quick and therefore not feeling full. Something I will struggle with  :-X

StGallsGAA

It's not sweets that do the damage as you know yo avoid them,  it's the huge amount of hidden sugar in seemingly healthy stuff like low fat yoghurts, fruit juice  and muesli / cereals!