The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Handy wee app called Sugar Smart will open your eyes. Scan the barcodes and shows you how many sugar cubes are in a serving. Shocking stuff and has been good to show the wains.

Puckoon

Fair to say if you didn't get it in the perimeter aisles, you could do with skipping it. Most people know what they should and shouldn't be eating - it's just hard training the body to get away from sugars and processed foods, and the convenience of them. The upside is how you will feel when you get that shit under control.

armaghniac

Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2016, 11:13:59 PM
Fair to say if you didn't get it in the perimeter aisles, you could do with skipping it. Most people know what they should and shouldn't be eating - it's just hard training the body to get away from sugars and processed foods, and the convenience of them. The upside is how you will feel when you get that shit under control.

Fair enough. But it should be possible to produce somewhat processed food with a reasonable amount of sugar and salt.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

I lost a few pounds recently and it feels great. I just can't face  going to the gym. There's something very artificial about it imo. I always think of my grandfather who was a farmer and what he would say.

Puckoon

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2016, 01:14:50 AM
I lost a few pounds recently and it feels great. I just can't face  going to the gym. There's something very artificial about it imo. I always think of my grandfather who was a farmer and what he would say.

Fair play to you for losing weight Seafoid, but if you are a farmer you need to stop posting while you're on the tractor. You're too prolific and you are going to cause an accident.

If you aren't a farmer and you sit on your arse most of the day (like most of us), being the prolific poster you are - your grandpappy might be smart enough to know the world has changed, diets are changed for the worst, and the average person isn't active enough. So get your arse to the gym and build on your health. Or don't go to the gym and just do some body weight exercises. Where you move your body doesn't matter. Just that you do. When we start judging how or where people improve themselves in the midst of this current epidemic of obesity - then that's a real issue.

Puckoon

Quote from: armaghniac on January 11, 2016, 11:25:09 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2016, 11:13:59 PM

Fair enough. But it should be possible to produce somewhat processed food with a reasonable amount of sugar and salt.

Maybe, maybe not. I think we were there maybe a few decades ago, but those additives are addicting and I think that palates and brain centers wanted more and more and more. Now sodium and sugar levels are through the roof.

heganboy

going to be an interesting 3 months. Piled on the pounds since september, and now have a pound for pound challenge for the next 3 months to drop it. Weigh off in the morning...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Good luck HB. Plenty of ways to get it done. Money is an amazing motivator!

heganboy

especially if you knew the fella I aim to take it off...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: Puckoon on January 12, 2016, 05:31:50 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2016, 01:14:50 AM

Fair play to you for losing weight Seafoid, but if you are a farmer you need to stop posting while you're on the tractor. You're too prolific and you are going to cause an accident.

If you aren't a farmer and you sit on your arse most of the day (like most of us), being the prolific poster you are - your grandpappy might be smart enough to know the world has changed, diets are changed for the worst, and the average person isn't active enough. So get your arse to the gym and build on your health. Or don't go to the gym and just do some body weight exercises. Where you move your body doesn't matter. Just that you do. When we start judging how or where people improve themselves in the midst of this current epidemic of obesity - then that's a real issue.
I gave up the 9 to 5 Puckoon and am setting up my own business so have more time for quality stuff.
Re gyms they don't suit me. Simple as. I go for long walks instead and cut out eating between meals . It gives me more energy.
The dog loves it too.

I am not interested in muscles or lycra.

Fair play to everyone on the board who is doing something about their weight. It is not easy. I think I was lucky enough too. My body shape is not claonta chun ramhar. The sisters have awful problems

clarshack

i've seriously reduced my sugar intake since august and feel a whole lot better for it.

Walter Cronc

Signed up to a personal trainer for 6 weeks in January and early Feb. Also recording everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app (free to download). It makes you think twice about what you eat. The PT is drawing me up a dietary plan.

Nutri bullets are great for getting all the goodness in and makes a tasty alternative to a bun with tea at work or cake after dinner!

Hoof Hearted

ive nearly 5 stone off since last Easter - going well
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 12, 2016, 09:43:25 AM
Signed up to a personal trainer for 6 weeks in January and early Feb. Also recording everything I eat on the MyFitnessPal app (free to download). It makes you think twice about what you eat. The PT is drawing me up a dietary plan.

Nutri bullets are great for getting all the goodness in and makes a tasty alternative to a bun with tea at work or cake after dinner!

Any nice recipes??