The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2015, 07:33:23 AM
Michael Pollan's guidelines

If it came from a plant, eat it
•   if it was made in a plant, don't
•   It's not food if it arrived through the window of your car
•   It's not food if it is called by the same name in every language
•   Avoid food products with more than five ingredients
•   avoid foods you see advertised on television
•   don't eat breakfast cereal that changes the colour of the milk
•   eat all the junk food you want, so long as you cook it yourself

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/02/health/02brod.html?_r=0

very much what Pat Divilly would breach - if its advertised on the TV or in the press, avoid it!

Bought the Nutri blender at weekend (Nutri Ninja blender), serious powerful bit of kit. Just to get the right stuff now for the good smoothies and drinks.

stpauls

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 26, 2015, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 26, 2015, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on January 23, 2015, 03:03:20 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 23, 2015, 02:46:10 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on January 23, 2015, 01:49:51 PM
Was doing well since Christmas..... until an hour ago...a chip out of Pat's for my lunch :-[
is Pat's still open? great food in that place, used to love sneaking out at lunch time for a bag of chips when i was at school!!

Still going strong!! New management though the same top class grub...I take it you were at the Abbey?

was indeed Sams, just a quick run down the hill for the grub!!

..and no rush back up it!

yeah, the length of time to get back up the hill depended on whether you got a small or large chip!!  ;D

annapr

Anyone own a treadmill? Was thinking of buying one.
Elverys have a few on sale.

Bingo

Quote from: annapr on January 26, 2015, 01:38:34 PM

Unless you are really struggling for time or in a very bad location, save yourself a lot of money and just use the local roads/park etc. Far easier to get into and do it regularly.

CD

Quote from: Bingo on January 26, 2015, 02:04:41 PM
Quote from: annapr on January 26, 2015, 01:38:34 PM

Unless you are really struggling for time or in a very bad location, save yourself a lot of money and just use the local roads/park etc. Far easier to get into and do it regularly.
Guarantee that you'll use it less than 20 times then hang washing on it like everyone I know who has one! Get out on the roads and get done fresh air while you're at it!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

gallsman

Have bought myself a nutri-bullet and am looking forward to it. Half a banana, handful of berries, some peanut butter, some oats and a scoop of Total. Going to be great.

Also, for anyone interested, this crowd do some great zero cal, zero carb sauces:

https://www.waldenfarms.com

I've the caramel syrup one. Tastes a bit funny or chemically on its own but stirred into something tastes like you're getting a real treat'

Walter Cronc

Does anyone find a night on the tiles sets you back to square one where you feel bloated and lazy?

Are you better getting up and sweating it out or wait a day or 2 to fully 'recover'?

Last Man

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 17, 2015, 01:12:40 PM
Does anyone find a night on the tiles sets you back to square one where you feel bloated and lazy?

Are you better getting up and sweating it out or wait a day or 2 to fully 'recover'?

Its not good for the ticker especially if you are a bit older, probably not if you are younger either tbh. A couple of my mates have had some heart arrhythmia issues doing cycling the day after a good session.

gallsman

I find that it's the problems the following day that get you - not drinking enough water, sleeping pattern ruined, eating crap food. Best to try and get over it asap I think.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on July 17, 2015, 01:56:22 PM

I find that is the problems the following day that get you - not drinking enough water, sleeping pattern ruined, reading crap food. Best to try and get over it asap I think.

Yeah that's it - diet, sleeping, hydration all go to pot.

Bingo

Quote from: gallsman on July 17, 2015, 12:00:49 PM
Have bought myself a nutri-bullet and am looking forward to it. Half a banana, handful of berries, some peanut butter, some oats and a scoop of Total. Going to be great.

Also, for anyone interested, this crowd do some great zero cal, zero carb sauces:

I've the caramel syrup one. Tastes a bit funny or chemically on its own but stirred into something tastes like you're getting a real treat'

These are a great job.

Don't be afraid to put natural green veg in anything - Kale, Spinage, Broccolli, micro-greens etc. Great way of getting loads of it into the system.

It doesn't take wheatgrass directly but adding the wheatgrass juice is also great.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on July 17, 2015, 01:47:04 PM

Its not good for the ticker especially if you are a bit older, probably not if you are younger either tbh. A couple of my mates have had some heart arrhythmia issues doing cycling the day after a good session.

If you are a bit older??  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Wasnt including myself in that bracket Miltown ;)

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: gallsman on July 17, 2015, 12:00:49 PM

Sounds like something that would come out your ass like spool thread at the speed of a bullet

armaghniac

Anyone watching the "Sugar Crash" programme on RTÉ? The amount of sugar embedded in foods is ridiculous, most of these could have half the sugar and it would do just as well. When soups and cheese and whatever have sugar you get it when you are not expecting it. America is even worse, the amount of sugars in breakfast cereals there is unreal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B