Mayo V Kerry- 8/4/12

Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: moysider on April 07, 2012, 06:42:21 PM
Seein as they couldn t be bothered posting here unless they re playing Tyrone, here is a flavour of what they re at on their own forum. Emphasis is mine.

Of course the team selection is a puzzle, only those involved know the 'inside the camp' details. My take is that JackO is pitching them equally with Mayo, as best he can. A tight game gives greater intensity so you find out how new lads respond (v react) under pressure. Mayo play a nice brand of football and both teams bring out the best in each other so it could be a competitive game if the weather permits. I suppose the quality bench is 'the kicker' if we fall behind and a few of them would turn it around handy enough if need be.It is very encouraging to see so many new lads making their presence felt and that is key to winning Sam; of c we are all very loyal to the stalwarts and everybody wants the best team on the field. Is this year a Vintage Crop of new blood? If the blanket defense raises it's ugly head then it is fresh legs all the way. See JackO's job ain't that simple either and he has lots of uncertainty to contend with. Anyway great to be back on here with you all and here's to No 37! « Last Edit: Yesterday at 1:10am by K Man at Ballythefireside »

Read more: http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4253&page=3#ixzz1rNRtvQ16

Class! Loads more gems where that came from.

Good man Moysider! That's the way to smoke 'em out!

mannix

we can have no complaints here about kerry, they trashed us last august when it counted. A Mayo win tomorrow means very little in the championship, though the extra games are no harm either, especially if kerry and co field really strong teams to win a semi or final.

Sam2011

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 07, 2012, 03:23:08 PM
I think the experience of the 2010 league final where a promising looking season was undone in one afternoon and the confidence going into the championship was shattered before we kicked a ball is a factor here for supporters. Of course we wouldn't have challenged in 2010 anyway - the management setup was awful, but the negative side of the league knockout stages is still fresh in people's minds and makes us wary of putting ourselves out there too early in the year this time around.

Personally I think we should go for it. We have a youngish team who need all the experience they can get and it's a long time until the Connacht semi final. A trimming against Derry didn't do us any harm in 96 and winning the league wasn't the cause of our problems in 2001.

Of course we may have no choice in the end anyway - we could lose and still make the semis.

Agree with what Cosmo has said here. We have a new management and a lot of new faces on the team since the league final in 2010 so I don't see why we should fear a league final. We have to stop looking back at past trimmings we've got and look to the future because this is a whole different set up to the previous one. It has been proven in the past that teams who fair well in the league continue their form into the championship. And as Cosmo has said we've a young team and they need to get used of playing in Croke Park on the big days.

Lar Naparka

As the League enters the closing stages today, I can't help feeling that it has been the most unusual one I can recall.
For one thing, Mayo enters today's game not knowing if we are going down, going through to the knockouts or staying where we are.
I also feel that James H is no nearer finalising his first championship fifteen than he was before the FBD began.
I'm not slagging the man; I'm just stating a fact.
Sure, he knows considerably more about his players and his prospects than he did as the year began.  Furthermore, I would imagine that he knows already the bulk of those he's planning to use when the campaign begins but does he know where he is going to employ most of them. In other words, is there a semblance of a settled side to be seen?
I would suggest otherwise.

In this respect James differs from Jacko and Pat, not to mention Geezer and Mickey and, to tell the truth, a good deal more of his peers who have pretty settled formations as they prepare for the summer ahead. I'm pretty sanguine about our chances of making it to the podium on the Hogan Stand come late September. I guess at least one of the gentlemen above is going to pee on our parade.
We had a damn good result the last day out. No doubt about that. But it was as unexpected as it was welcome.
Now James re-jigs the entire formation without any discernable purpose in mind.
I appreciate that he wants to give all  squad members a chance to prove their worth and that a fair degree of chopping and changing has been necessary since the competition began but is it wise to make such sweeping changes in the final league game after such an impressive display in the penultimate one?
I presume there are good reasons for this but to my way of thinking, reasons will always come second to results.
Good luck to our lads today but we will be left wondering what benefits, if any, the result today will bring to us.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Bod Mor

On a very serious note:

Does anyone know if this link really is showing the match today:
http://digg.com/newsbar/Sports/watch_free_kerry_v_mayo_live_allianz_football_div1_2012_game_streaming_tv_link

Also, at the launch of the new Mayo jersey yesterday, does anyone know what the new Mayo away jersey looks like? They might have to wear it today?

My first post in ages, fierce demanding I am!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bod Mor on April 08, 2012, 12:36:59 PM
On a very serious note:

http://digg.com/newsbar/Sports/watch_free_kerry_v_mayo_live_allianz_football_div1_2012_game_streaming_tv_link

Also, at the launch of the new Mayo jersey yesterday, does anyone know what the new Mayo away jersey looks like? They might have to wear it today?

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

moysider

Quote from: Bod Mor on April 08, 2012, 12:36:59 PM
On a very serious note:

Having no luck with that link?

Ah well, at least we have Kerry Radio and Weeshie Fogarty. Always a treat.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Cooper skins Higgins

Mayo 0.03
Kerry 0.02

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

16 mins

Kerry 1.03
Mayo 0.03

Kerry on top

edt. No Goal, ball picked up off the ground.

Kerry 0.03
Mayo 0.03

maigheo

maigheo

kerry 0.03  mayo 1.06 Docherty goal

moysider

Weeshie ravin about Andy Moran. Jason Doherty doin well it sounds like. That s great to hear.

Clarkie nails another 45! well done.

maigheo

jeez moysider i am surprised you are not listening to the comprehensive coverage on mad west :)  1.08 to 0.03

Blowitupref

Kerry picking a patched up line up is backfiring do they care? probably not.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maigheo

kerry back in it   1.08 to 0.06