Mayo V Kerry- 8/4/12

Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intoDwest

SF Team: Clarke, Keane, Cafferkey, Higgins, Keegan, Vaughan, Boyle, A.O'Shea, Gibbons, McLoughlin, A.Moran, Dillon, Mort, Doherty, Conroy

Subs: Hennelly, S.McHale, R.Feeney, P.Gardiner, D.Geraghty, B.Moran, P.Harte, A.Campbell, C.O'Connor, A.Freeman, E.Varley

Sam2011

The Mayo Senior Football team to face Kerry in the Semi-Final of the Allianz Football League this Sunday at 2.00p.m. in Croke Park is as follows:

1 David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2 Kevin Keane - Westport
3 Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4 Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5 Lee Keegan - Westport
6 Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7 Colm Boyle - Davitts
8 Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
9 Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
10 Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11 Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
12 Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
13 Conor Mortimer - Parnells
14 Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
15 Michael Conroy - Davitts

16 Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
17 Shane McHale - Knockmore
18 Richie Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
19 Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
20 Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber
21 Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
22 Patrick Harte - Ballina Stephenites
23 Aidan Campbell - Swinford
24 Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
25 Alan Freeman - Aghamore
26 Enda Varley - Garrymore

Just seen on Hogan Stand there that Aidan is out with his hamstring for at least 6 weeks but hes named here on the team.
Only three changes for us with Boyle, Keane and Mort coming in again. I would have really liked to see Barry Moran come into the full forward line to just annoy the Kerry full back line and to create a bit of awkwardness but I'd say he'd come in for Aidan in midfield in yet another new pairing for us.

ballinaman

Team shaping up as moysider predicted. 1 to 7 looks solid.

Tubberman

Hoganstand have taken down that story now. I presume it hasn't been confirmed, but the rumour is all over the place.
Anyway, better to lose him for a league semi and have him back in action for the serious stuff.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Sam2011

Just heard on the radio that the County Board said O'Shea is still being considered despite a groin injury.

Captain Obvious

Hamstring to groin must be one of those movable injuries or Mayo can't tell their ass from their elbows.

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2012, 03:44:31 PM
Hamstring to groin must be one of those movable injuries or Mayo can't tell their ass from their elbows.

Fairly sure neither hamstring nor groin are to be found near the elbow, but I'm no doctor....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sans pessimism

Quote from: Tubberman on April 13, 2012, 03:46:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2012, 03:44:31 PM

Fairly sure neither hamstring nor groin are to be found near the elbow, but I'm no doctor....
Glance in the mirror capt'n
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

I see reports on WJ's blog that Aiden O'Shea is indeed out with an injury..to a bone beneath the spine and will be out for 3 months. Might inspire other lads to step up to the mark! Or it mightn't!! :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Farrandeelin you beat me to it!!!!! Big loss for us but sure I suppose it gives B Moran/Geraghty/Harte a chance to stake a claim for one of the midfield spots and what better place then against a near full Kerry team in Croke park to test yourself.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 13, 2012, 09:19:19 PM
I see reports on WJ's blog that Aiden O'Shea is indeed out with an injury..to a bone beneath the spine and will be out for 3 months. Might inspire other lads to step up to the mark! Or it mightn't!! :-\
Jeez Farr you're very bad these last few posts!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 13, 2012, 09:24:54 PM
Farrandeelin you beat me to it!!!!! Big loss for us but sure I suppose it gives B Moran/Geraghty/Harte a chance to stake a claim for one of the midfield spots and what better place then against a near full Kerry team in Croke park to test yourself.

With that moniker you can t be too far away. Welcome aboard!

I m expecting Geraghty to partner Gibbons in midfield on Sunday. who would have thought that 10 days ago. The most inexperienced pair we have. We ll need to be patient. These guys will be going for it we can be sure of that.

But they are arguably our 3 choice pairing. But our reality is that the O Sés, McGarrity, Harte, and Moran are struggling with injuries and recovery.

The loss of Tom Parsons is hurting us badly now. How a quality talent like that can just - I dunno, go off the boil? - is puzzling.

Management will have to come up with a strategy to cope with any problems we may have around the middle. Barry Moran if he can start at all may have to be deployed out the field as well and play 2 inside. We re going to have to run at and carry against these from deep. We have to keep the ball.

Jinxy

Why, in the name of all that's holy, are they putting these games on in Croke Park.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2012, 09:56:34 PM
Why, in the name of all that's holy, are they putting these games on in Croke Park.

The Olympic Stadium isn't ready.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I was hoping Kerry v Mayo would be in the white elephant on the Ennis Road in Limerick.