Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 04, 2012, 04:43:51 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 04, 2012, 04:31:45 PM
Quote from: mackers on December 04, 2012, 04:22:49 PM
I laid the trap and I knew it would be a Derry man to be first in as it's normally the Derry wans that look down their noses at Armagh club football the most. You had better believe that Cross would have dominated the Derry championship. Granted they might not have won 13 titles in a row in Derry as Bellaghy and Ballinderry were very good teams in the 2000s but I'd estimate that they would have won 10 or 11 out of the 13. Let's not forget that Cross have an excellent record against both those teams in Ulster.  The current crop of Cross players would walk the current Derry championship.

I certainly dont look down my nose at any county but to claim they would have won 10 or 11 of the 13 you are being slightly optimistic. Ballinderry, Bellaghy and the Loup all had strong teams during this period. Crossmaglen is not a reflection of Armagh football, it is a reflection of Crossmaglen football. Take Cross out of Armagh and how many teams would compete for Ulster? Pearse Og? Don't think so.
wise up, is this the same Pearse Ogs, the last team in ireland to beat Cross in championship football? The ones that got narrowly beat by St Gall's who went onto win it that year? They'd bate anything derry has to offer at the min, Bderry and slaughtneil were both poor in the derry final whereas Ogs and Cross played out a great final in Armagh.

Oh sorry I never realized there was an award for being the last team to beat Crossmaglen in championship football. My bad!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 04, 2012, 04:46:52 PM
I laid the trap and I knew it would be a Derry man to be first in as it's normally the Derry wans that look down their noses at Armagh club football the most. You had better believe that Cross would have dominated the Derry championship. Granted they might not have won 13 titles in a row in Derry as Bellaghy and Ballinderry were very good teams in the 2000s but I'd estimate that they would have won 10 or 11 out of the 13. Let's not forget that Cross have an excellent record against both those teams in Ulster.  The current crop of Cross players would walk the current Derry championship.

I certainly dont look down my nose at any county but to claim they would have won 10 or 11 of the 13 you are being slightly optimistic. Ballinderry, Bellaghy and the Loup all had strong teams during this period. Crossmaglen is not a reflection of Armagh football, it is a reflection of Crossmaglen football. Take Cross out of Armagh and how many teams would compete for Ulster? Pearse Og? Don't think so.
wise up, is this the same Pearse Ogs, the last team in ireland to beat Cross in championship football? The ones that got narrowly beat by St Gall's who went onto win it that year? They'd bate anything derry has to offer at the min, Bderry and slaughtneil were both poor in the derry final whereas Ogs and Cross played out a great final in Armagh.

Oh sorry I never realized there was an award for being the last team to beat Crossmaglen in championship football. My bad!
Just making a point to counter your silly little claim. Derry football is poor enough these days and your on here talking out  yer hole

Applesisapples

Quote from: Maurice Moss on December 03, 2012, 05:19:34 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 03, 2012, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on December 03, 2012, 04:31:55 PM
As a Kilcoo person I am very disappointed with what has happened. What was the biggest day in the history of our club will now be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

First of all, I am totally 100% against racism. I am not going to comment on the matter as the full details of what was allegedly said have not yet been released. I am in no way 'brushing it under the table' by saying this, I just feel we will know more in the coming days. I would just like to ask one question, I was in the stand but didn't hear any comments from supporters, I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did how are people so sure it was Kilcoo supporters, were these people dressed in Kilcoo club gear?
Regarding a previous posters comment, our club have released a statement which includes "We as a club condemn abuse from whatever quarter and shall co-operate fully with any investigation instigated by Ulster Council."

I am actually quite shocked and saddened to see so many people slating our club and supporters on here and on other social networking sites. This isn't in anyway a true reflection of our club or supporters.
Mark Sidebottom was asked that question by a black listener from Kilcoo and confirmed that the abusers were wearing Kilcoo gear.

Thanks Applesisapples. I hope that this just doesn't leave a stereotype on our club after what a small minority can do.

There really is no way a club can be totally responsible for some of the eejits who follow them, many at an Ulster Final our probably going to their second or third match of the year. The test for the club will be the naming and shaming, someone in your club knows which spectators were shouting the abuse. In my experience these same guys would be abusing their players and probably haven't kicked a ball in their lives. The abuse on the field again in my opinion has the potential to do the most damage and it is probably in the interest of the players concerned to step forward admit guilt and take their punishment. Not to do so will taint the whole team and this would be unfair. It should be noted that I am assuming that Aaron Cunningham has absolutely nothing to gain by making this up and I think by his reaction and that of Aaron Kernan at the time something was said.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 04, 2012, 04:46:52 PM

Its getting to be like that!

Armamike

Any competition Cross had in Ulster died off a long time go.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

This is stupid stuff lads, your embarrassing yourselves with talk of how Armagh football is not shite!! Cross get better as the competition improves, I'd say like ourselves they don't really put the hard work in (because they have had a long campaign) until championship starts in Armagh, talk of them training hard before a championship match (truth or not) makes the Armagh Championship sound like a cake walk.

To me Cross develop a lot better come the Ulster Championship, I've yet to be proved different, as for the Og's and Clarke fluffing his lines against us, " thems the breaks".

So stop with the second best team in Ulster is from Armagh :o :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2012, 09:10:13 PM
This is stupid stuff lads, your embarrassing yourselves with talk of how Armagh football is not shite!! Cross get better as the competition improves, I'd say like ourselves they don't really put the hard work in (because they have had a long campaign) until championship starts in Armagh, talk of them training hard before a championship match (truth or not) makes the Armagh Championship sound like a cake walk.

To me Cross develop a lot better come the Ulster Championship, I've yet to be proved different, as for the Og's and Clarke fluffing his lines against us, " thems the breaks".

For a long time it was the competition to determine the second best team in Armagh!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 04, 2012, 09:16:17 PM

For a long time it was the competition to determine the second best team in Armagh!

Look that was maybe before Cross started to dominate again, no doubt Og's had tradition and have won many championships but we are in the here and now. I hate teams comparing that crap. Lamhs were claiming they were the second best team in Ireland after we beat them in Antrim and won the All Ireland FFS!! The Johnnies did the same after beating us in the league. All bullshite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mackers

Could you point me to the post where anybody said the second best team in Ulster if from Armagh? You're the one talking shite.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mackers on December 04, 2012, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 04, 2012, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 04, 2012, 03:42:06 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 04, 2012, 03:11:15 PM
So no one in Ulster came within 6 points of Crossmaglen, that's pretty impressive.

Maghery 5 points in the quater final ? Was that the closest in Armagh ?
Carrickcruppen were beaten by 3 points.  Ogs gave them a good match up until the last 5 minutes or so in the final.

Quote from: mackers on December 04, 2012, 04:41:58 PM
That's unfair on the Ogs. The one opportunity they got was in 09 and were narrowly beaten by St Galls who went on to lift the AI. Ronan Clarke was through on goal in the dying seconds and missed the chance to beat them. Hardly lambs to the slaughter.

Just a few quotes from previous Armagh posts. Take from it what you want but my general take on these posts (and others)  is that the other teams in Armagh are better than the other Ulster teams due to the fact that they were only beat by a few than Cross's last few wins in Ulster

Throw ball

For a number of years in the early 2000s there were teams in Armagh who could and maybe should have beaten Cross. However, there is a psychological barrier, I believe, that stopped this happening. The fact that Cross have won 6 out of the last 7 Ulster titles (?) and they are winning by about 6 points would suggest this barrier has extended across Ulster too. At this time the only way I can see  Cross beat in Ulster is if they run out of steam after so much continuous football.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Throw ball on December 04, 2012, 10:18:39 PM
For a number of years in the early 2000s there were teams in Armagh who could and maybe should have beaten Cross. However, there is a psychological barrier, I believe, that stopped this happening. The fact that Cross have won 6 out of the last 7 Ulster titles (?) and they are winning by about 6 points would suggest this barrier has extended across Ulster too. At this time the only way I can see  Cross beat in Ulster is if they run out of steam after so much continuous football.

But it's well managed, that's the key, they would not (I assume) be doing pre season nor would they be flat out in the league, big enough panel pushing considering the winning mentality so when the business end of things kick in (August) they are training hard for that run. It's dangerous but effective.

mackers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2012, 10:16:47 PM
So no one in Ulster came within 6 points of Crossmaglen, that's pretty impressive.

Carrickcruppen were beaten by 3 points.  Ogs gave them a good match up until the last 5 minutes or so in the final.

That's unfair on the Ogs. The one opportunity they got was in 09 and were narrowly beaten by St Galls who went on to lift the AI. Ronan Clarke was through on goal in the dying seconds and missed the chance to beat them. Hardly lambs to the slaughter.

Just a few quotes from previous Armagh posts. Take from it what you want but my general take on these posts (and others)  is that the other teams in Armagh are better than the other Ulster teams due to the fact that they were only beat by a few than Cross's last few wins in Ulster
You're adding two and two together and getting fifteen!!! There are no posts saying what you think they say.....that's your problem.....not the posters.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

brokencrossbar1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mackers on December 04, 2012, 10:25:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2012, 10:16:47 PM

You're adding two and two together and getting fifteen!!! There are no posts saying what you think they say.....that's your problem.....not the posters.

Right that;s fine, Armagh club football is crap then :o