Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: our_fella on December 02, 2012, 04:54:26 PM
Paul devlin stuck the knee's into Clarke when he went over the sideline, he didnt react by throwing digs, it was only holding.
Hilarious ! He dived across from his prostrate position to "hold" him ?  ;D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

dublin7

Quote from: our_fella on December 02, 2012, 04:54:26 PM
Dublin 7, Paul devlin stuck the knee's into Clarke when he went over the sideline, he didnt react by throwing digs, it was only holding. And with regards to the 1st sending off, bravo to j.johnston for the most dramatic of dives. Order is restored in Ulster

Well thats an interesting interpretation of a headlock................

Need have words with the Kilcoo player for getting in the way of the Cross player's fist alright for the first red card. Shame on him! 

Armaghgael

Quote from: Sea The Stars on December 02, 2012, 04:58:58 PM
The dirtiness aside, you have to hand it to Crossmaglen. Never in doubt after the first sending off. Oisin McConville is still a different class of player.

Still though, there were some aspects of the second half that might not have won over any new Crossmaglen support. As well as the first sending off, the number 10 and number 21 also threw punches and should have walked. The number 13 Jamie Clarke probably lucky to get away with a yellowthe first time too - he looks too weak to me anyway. Every time he got the ball he was overpowered....I'm surprised he's a starter for Armagh. Surely needs to bulk up a little bit.

;D ;D ;D ;D
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

seanaglis

Kilcoo are the trampiest bunch I have ever seen, if it wasn't for frees today it would have been an anhilation, not 1 footballer in that team. All they can do is , drag and foul. Credit to most of the cross players for keeping their cool, but joe mcquillan let them away with murder.

theticklemister

Big turning point in game.....................

Kilcoo get a goal through Devlin, to make it 3/4 in it. Crossmaglen's Paul Kernan , the FB one, goes down with a 'bad' arm even though in the reply nothing happened him. He goes down for 3 minutes and totally kills the roll Kilcoo were on. Very clever.

our_fella

Who gives a fiddlers f**k about them dorty Kilcoo ones... ULSTER CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bennydorano

Shocking complacency in the second half from Cross, looked like it was going to cost them at one stage. Kilcoo are the first team i've saw that really appeared to get under Cross's skin. Jamie's head doesn't appear to in the game atm, deservedly seeing red, N2 was a wee dirtboard but undoubtedly he did his 'job'. I would have given fish aherne MOTM, his best game all year. Congrats to Cross.

Rossfan

Quote from: seanaglis on December 02, 2012, 05:03:06 PM
Kilcoo are the trampiest bunch I have ever seen, if it wasn't for frees today it would have been an anhilation, not 1 footballer in that team. All they can do is , drag and foul. Credit to most of the cross players for keeping their cool, but joe mcquillan let them away with murder.

This must be in the running for the most inaccurate post ever  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

Quote from: theticklemister on December 02, 2012, 05:05:11 PM

Kilcoo get a goal through Devlin, to make it 3/4 in it. Crossmaglen's Paul Kernan , the FB one, goes down with a 'bad' arm even though in the reply nothing happened him. He goes down for 3 minutes and totally kills the roll Kilcoo were on. Very clever.
The same shoulder he's had surgery on & came off to be replaced by Danny O'Callaghan 2 mins later? Tit.

Armaghgeddon

They will probably be the most physical team Cross will play this year. Good to see that Cross are still on for three in a row. I was concerned about Cross not being challenged because no team learns anything from hammering another team but now I would be concerned about how they let Kilcoo get within 3 points of them.

theticklemister

for the second cross match running, the person who got motm didn't deserve it!!! another crappy selection. McConville the last time and mckenna today.

aherne or johnny hanratty were the best players on the pitch.

Sea The Stars

I think the Cross full-back was substituted not long after his injury.

I also think Jamie Clarke could do with six months of conditioning. Nobody is doubting that he isn't a fabulous footballer but there were times today when his lack of strength was blindingly obvious. He should have had a goal mid-way through the second half.....but couldn't shake off the tackle and ended up losing the ball. I think when it comes to the Donegals and Tyrones next year he'll definitely experience similiar treatment.

theticklemister

Quote from: Sea The Stars on December 02, 2012, 05:14:51 PM
I think the Cross full-back was substituted not long after his injury.

I also think Jamie Clarke could do with six months of conditioning. Nobody is doubting that he isn't a fabulous footballer but there were times today when his lack of strength was blindingly obvious. He should have had a goal mid-way through the second half.....but couldn't shake off the tackle and ended up losing the ball. I think when it comes to the Donegals and Tyrones next year he'll definitely experience similiar treatment.

he wont give a fiddler's feck, he'll be sunning up the body on a beach in oz instead of lifting weights come the summer

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: theticklemister on December 02, 2012, 05:05:11 PM

Paul Kernan had a recurrence of the shoulder injury that caused him to miss 5 months since AI replay. He is likely to miss the AI semi. A mixture of good and bad. Couldn't see sending offs from where I was so won't comment on them. Jamie Clarke was physically abused the whole game and was struck twice in the face in front of the umpires and no action was taken. Kilcoo can be proud of their comeback but utterly ashamed of some of wjst they did. This is not over yet...

yellowcard

For all those that complain of Crossmaglens perceived dirt I don't know what match you were watching because Kilcoo give as cynical display of gaelic fotball I have seen in a long time. They are an ordinary side who scrapped until the end but ultimately they fell short. Cross were guilty of misplacing more passes today than the last 3 games combined and they didn't play that well but they didn't need to. The amount of pulling and dragging by Kilcoo had to be seen to be believed.