Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Nicks

Apparently it is confirmed, toss up for venue so Newry or Armagh it is.

bennydorano

Win win for Cross, Kilcoo should look Casement if they'd any sense.

manballandall

Won't matter a fcuk. Get your house on cross.

Stevie Nicks

Is casement open for matches?? Obviously kilcoo would luv to get into Newry

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on November 18, 2012, 08:52:53 PM
Win win for Cross, Kilcoo should look Casement if they'd any sense.
Wouldn't think that way Benny.

Everything is stacked against Kilcoo as they've got next to no experience at this level. Very few of them will be familiar with either Casement or Athletic Grounds. Both those venues tilt even more things in Crossmaglen's favour.

If they win the toss, they'll be playing on the ground where they've played nearly all their club championship matches in recent seasons. They'll know the lay of the land, know the ritual, know the travel arrangements.

It won't be enough to beat Cross, but it will make a difference.

Stevie Nicks

Tough ask for kilcoo no matter where match is but would b a big benefit for cause if in Newry

theticklemister

THEY COULD PLAY THIS GAME AT KILCOO, IT WON MATTER ONE FCUK ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

manballandall

No sour grapes at all. Just the way I see it. Fair play to kilcoo today, wanted it more which means so much at this level. I watched cross game and I just believe they will win handy as they are some outfit and I believe will just get better as the comp goes on.

MK

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on November 18, 2012, 08:44:55 PM

Who's the tosser? Any of the Mc Gourtys would appear to be sufficiently qualified on todays evidence!!

Stevie Nicks

quote author=theticklemister link=topic=21444.msg1176357#msg1176357 date=1353273137]
THEY COULD PLAY THIS GAME AT KILCOO, IT WON MATTER ONE FCUK ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]
And cross know the way, played a challenge match in sept there ;D

theticklemister

Quote from: MK on November 18, 2012, 09:14:35 PM
Quote from: Stevie Nicks on November 18, 2012, 08:44:55 PM

Who's the t**ser? Any of the Mc Gourtys would appear to be sufficiently qualified on todays evidence!!
What were they up to now? I dare say Kevin started it.

theticklemister

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on November 18, 2012, 09:16:20 PM
quote author=theticklemister link=topic=21444.msg1176357#msg1176357 date=1353273137]
And cross know the way, played a challenge match in sept there ;D
[/quote]

Aye all the boys from Crossmaglen know the lay of the land down around them south armagh and down areas so says the British soldiers................... their  da's and uncle's taught them well  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

thewobbler

I'd be a bit wary of Kilcoo's discipline against Cross. Kilcoo play a little on the edge and Cross are the wrong opposition for those tactics; they'll take you out off the ball and wind you up back until you lash out. It's just about possible to play Cross with 15 men - with 14 you've no chance.

If the Magpies can hold their discipline, I expect this to the way of most of Cross's games. Nip and tuck for a while, then Cross get a stride and bury the opposition in a 10 minute spell, before picking them off with infuriating ease as they charge forward and get tired. They truly are some team.

Leo

Quote from: thewobbler on November 18, 2012, 09:23:47 PM
I'd be a bit wary of Kilcoo's discipline against Cross. Kilcoo play a little on the edge and Cross are the wrong opposition for those tactics; they'll take you out off the ball and wind you up back until you lash out. It's just about possible to play Cross with 15 men - with 14 you've no chance.

If the Magpies can hold their discipline, I expect this to the way of most of Cross's games. Nip and tuck for a while, then Cross get a stride and bury the opposition in a 10 minute spell, before picking them off with infuriating ease as they charge forward and get tired. They truly are some team.

On the ball wobbler - look at how Cross wound up St Galls who tried to mix it and were walloped. Kilcoo would need a whole new mindset to change that but I hope McCorry can get some way to deal with that.
Fierce tame altogether