Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: Throw ball on November 13, 2012, 01:32:41 PM
As an Armagh man not from Cross who was at the match I would say that the Hoganstand story is very onesided. The Eunans joint manager spent more time on the pitch than their number 7! I have no doubt at all that the Cross man in question gave him a mouthful ( and not too pleasant at that) but the Eunans man pushed him a good couple of times before he was pushed back. Would have been a bit of an unfair fight I would think! To be honest I never thought there was much in it from either party and the more interesting bit was the young fella (must have been about 10) who got on the sideline and was going to beat all round him. Due to the colour clash I do not know which team he was with but it did look very funny - although probably shouldn't have.

He was the managers son. He was sitting in front of me and ran onto the pitch to confront the Cross management and started pushing them. He had more balls than the rest of the Eunans management team who were slow to react/support the manager!! Fair play to the wee lad.

Captain Obvious

Errigal Ciaran v Crossmaglen live on TG4 this weekend, that should lower the attendance.

Cold tea

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 14, 2012, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 13, 2012, 01:32:41 PM
As an Armagh man not from Cross who was at the match I would say that the Hoganstand story is very onesided. The Eunans joint manager spent more time on the pitch than their number 7! I have no doubt at all that the Cross man in question gave him a mouthful ( and not too pleasant at that) but the Eunans man pushed him a good couple of times before he was pushed back. Would have been a bit of an unfair fight I would think! To be honest I never thought there was much in it from either party and the more interesting bit was the young fella (must have been about 10) who got on the sideline and was going to beat all round him. Due to the colour clash I do not know which team he was with but it did look very funny - although probably shouldn't have.

He was the managers son. He was sitting in front of me and ran onto the pitch to confront the Cross management and started pushing them. He had more balls than the rest of the Eunans management team who were slow to react/support the manager!! Fair play to the wee lad.

I am sure his father was proud of him, I was watching thinking well done son bet your father gives you extra pocket money this week.  ::)

Winnie Peg

Quote from: crossfire on November 13, 2012, 09:34:02 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 13, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
Not in the least jealous, just think that the same laws should apply to Cross as all other clubs and that you shouldnt be alowed to bully your way to success

What club are you from as i would like to check its disciplinary record.

You have to admit that Cross are a very dirty team.

Cold tea

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 15, 2012, 08:39:39 AM
Not in the least jealous, just think that the same laws should apply to Cross as all other clubs and that you shouldnt be alowed to bully your way to success

You didn't answer his question, and what do you define as a very dirty team?

EC Unique

Cross are a 'win at all costs' team.

If more teams in Armagh played with that attitude then maybe Cross would have a bit of competition in the county.

trileacman

Quote from: EC Unique on November 15, 2012, 09:16:04 AM

Cross are a 'win at all costs' team.

If more teams in Armagh played with that attitude then maybe Cross would have a bit of competition in the county.

If Errigal had been more of a win at all costs team they would have challenged for the championship over the past 8 years.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

manballandall

Lads don't get involved in this nonsense. Nobody has to justify anything to anyone and cross are a class act, end of. A lot of jealous people out there. .... Predictions for sunday?. Sticking my neck out and going for Cross by 4 and galls by 2.

The Golden Years

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 14, 2012, 10:29:28 AM
Errigal Ciaran without a key Forward for Sunday
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180883

errigal have no key forwards, all average enough. Hard working though but no physical presence apart from there full forward who doesnt really use his size to his advantage. I personally think Errigal won a very poor tyrone championship this year in which my opinion they were possibly 5th best team in tyrone behind coalisland, dromore, carrickmore and clonoe altough they did beat two of those teams on their way to winning the title, but championship football, the best teams dont always win. 

Cross by 5 at least and it is not sour grapes, just my analysis.

fitzroyalty

The current Cross team aren't a dirty team, they play brilliant football and have an adaptability that is virtually unrivaled in club football. If you wanna twist with them they give as good as they get but I wouldn't label them as a team that goes out to try and physically impose themselves on the opposition. I reckon they'll bate Errigal out the gate 7pts +, St Gall's on paper should account for Kilcoo but I'm going to go for a shock win for the magpies.

EC Unique

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 15, 2012, 08:00:20 PM

errigal have no key forwards, all average enough. Hard working though but no physical presence apart from there full forward who doesnt really use his size to his advantage. I personally think Errigal won a very poor tyrone championship this year in which my opinion they were possibly 5th best team in tyrone behind coalisland, dromore, carrickmore and clonoe altough they did beat two of those teams on their way to winning the title, but championship football, the best teams dont always win. 

;D

rodney trotter

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 15, 2012, 08:00:20 PM

Mind games at work ;D Don't care who wins it as I'm not from either County. But I think Cross will be too strong.

ONeill

Galls and Cross to win by 4 points.

Galls to beat Cross in the final by 2.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Manager really couldn't have stood in his way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 15, 2012, 08:28:48 PM
The current Cross team aren't a dirty team, they play brilliant football and have an adaptability that is virtually unrivaled in club football. If you wanna twist with them they give as good as they get but I wouldn't label them as a team that goes out to try and physically impose themselves on the opposition. I reckon they'll bate Errigal out the gate 7pts +, St Gall's on paper should account for Kilcoo but I'm going to go for a shock win for the magpies.

I'm think we'll win by 3/4 points (if we start well). We would be as fit as Kilcoo and with 11 different scoring players last time out we have the ability to spread the play and still get the scores. Defence wasn't test too much but when Kilcoo did threaten score a major we managed fine.

I expect Cross to win by 4/5 points, they have the ability to win a match in a great ten minute spell and close out the game by matching score for score. Hopefully a Galls V Cross Final.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea