Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2012, 11:08:03 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 07, 2012, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 06, 2012, 11:51:19 PM
Galls have the All Ireland in the bag.

Can't see it myself. They are spooked by the men from Crossmaglen. A bit like Kerry against Tyrone in the noughties they know that Cross have their number and will have again this year should they meet in the final as expected. However I actually think Kilcoo could do them over in the semi-final.

Yeah I fully expect Kilcoo to turn us over, we've a few injuries from last week and the Laverty lad will score a hat full

Probably said with tongue firmly in cheek :P. I wouldn't expect Laverty to score much but I think that St Galls will have one eye on Cross (presuming they make the final), but you will underestimate Kilcoo at your peril.

manballandall

Kil who? Sure st galls players have booked a week off work for after they beat errigal in the final and have jurys croke park block booked for the 17th and 18th of march. Stormount been booked for civic reception on the 1st april alongside the hurlers from lougheil. What a year for antrim clubs ahead. .... St galls are focussed solely on kilcoo whom we know will give us a fierce challenge. They beat mayobridge handy enough and will get the upmost respect from the galls players

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on November 07, 2012, 12:54:29 PM

Can't see it myself. They are spooked by the men from Crossmaglen. A bit like Kerry against Tyrone in the noughties they know that Cross have their number and will have again this year should they meet in the final as expected. However I actually think Kilcoo could do them over in the semi-final.

Yeah I fully expect Kilcoo to turn us over, we've a few injuries from last week and the Laverty lad will score a hat full

Probably said with tongue firmly in cheek :P. I wouldn't expect Laverty to score much but I think that St Galls will have one eye on Cross (presuming they make the final), but you will underestimate Kilcoo at your peril.

Quote from: manballandall on November 07, 2012, 01:27:58 PM
Kil who? Sure st galls players have booked a week off work for after they beat errigal in the final and have jurys croke park block booked for the 17th and 18th of march. Stormount been booked for civic reception on the 1st april alongside the hurlers from lougheil. What a year for antrim clubs ahead. .... St galls are focussed solely on kilcoo whom we know will give us a fierce challenge. They beat mayobridge handy enough and will get the upmost respect from the galls players

Look we will tank Kilcoo, cause as everyone here knows, this is where all the players read and get their inspiration from and gauge how to beat a team!!!! :P

Some cracking experts on here, Galls underestimating teams in the semi finals of the Ulster Championship!! Do me a favour ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne man

Quote from: ardtole on November 07, 2012, 12:15:38 PM
kilcoo will just love sitting lying in wait for st galls. a more dogged determined shower of xxxxx u will ever come across and i say that with the greatest of respect.  they seem to be overlooked  and underestimated on this thread but the st galls game seems perfectly set up for them to cause a shock.
very cheeky coming from an ardglass man

ONeill

Oh ho ho ho.

These Galls lads are the closest to Kerry 75-86 in terms of knowing each other inside out. A machine of a team. Their only regret will not be winning the All-Ireland Intermediate hurling title a few years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

manballandall

That loss lies with the management not the players

gallsman

Quote from: manballandall on November 07, 2012, 06:43:39 PM

And the fact that, unfortunately, St. Lachtain's were an infinitely superior team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on November 07, 2012, 06:43:39 PM

Now now my friend, what was your old saying?  "hey boy manage your own team"
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

Could laugh at boys saying such and such are favourites now, albeit a lot of it tongue in cheek.

There has been the same team favourite, and rightly so, from the beginning.

Crossmaglen   5/6
St Galls   5/2
Errigal Ciaran   6/1
Kilcoo   13/2
St Eunans   18/1

Milltown Row2

How many will Cross win by this weekend? I'm going for a 6/7 point win

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2012, 01:52:38 PM
How many will Cross win by this weekend? I'm going for a 6/7 point win

Cross by 9. They will come into their own now.

ardtole

Quote from: Mourne man on November 07, 2012, 04:39:46 PM
Quote from: ardtole on November 07, 2012, 12:15:38 PM
kilcoo will just love sitting lying in wait for st galls. a more dogged determined shower of xxxxx u will ever come across and i say that with the greatest of respect.  they seem to be overlooked  and underestimated on this thread but the st galls game seems perfectly set up for them to cause a shock.
very cheeky coming from an ardglass man

i meant that comment as a compliment to kilcoo i have great respect for them and would be very envious and full of admiration for the way they operate. i also have them backed at 18/1 to win ulster i thougjt it was great value

armaghniac

QuoteCross by 9. They will come into their own now.

Donegal footballers are now well acquainted with the idea of packed defences. I'd be surprised if there was a margin like this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Club football is different though, you need all the players with a bit of skill to be doing that. Fine at intercounty level but I doubt it will happen today? Is Devenney still playing for them?