Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

How many players are Crossmaglen missing from last years panel?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sheamy

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2012, 01:39:04 PM
Oisin was saying all the right things on Radio Ulster yesterday anyway. Gall's are flying this year Cross aren't going well and haven't played to their potential etc etc. In fairness though I think it will be pretty close between them this year.

Whose turn is it to form the 'guard of honour'??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: curious on November 05, 2012, 02:03:09 PM
MR  - what about Kelly's tackle on the Tempo guy in 1st half when he was booked- that was a hit
Terry in 1/2 back line is now obviously a fixture. If he can get his diagonals going again, that would be a useful additional weapon from backs to forwards. Concern again that we fell out of it in 2nd half  - I know it was wrapped up but same thing happened against L.D., Creggan and Jonnies in county final. We cannot afford  to keep happening that if we are to progress. Heard the argument that it is hard to sustain the momentum when a team is well ahead but bad habits can catch on.
Big problem too with kick out strategy, rather absence of one - no variety, kick and hope

Tempo didn't have any hard hits was what I meant, Home team and all that, they lacked any fight.

Very difficult to keep a tempo (sorry) going when at halftime you are 10 points or so up, impossible in my view. We created a bit of space and should have scored 5/6 points more in second half but maybe over played it. Kevin will love this, but i thought once he went off we were not as good, Fcuk I said it!!

As for the kick outs, they are what they are, I'd prefer every ball to go to a Galls man but when teams close down in the kick out areas it's harder unless people are showing for the ball. I think we most of the balls in the match from both kick outs, I've no stats on that but generally I thought we dominated it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

What price would a 5 point errigal win over St Galls in the final be?

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on November 05, 2012, 02:49:06 PM
What price would a 5 point errigal win over St Galls in the final be?

Priceless.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2012, 12:52:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2012, 12:39:10 PM
Read the St. Galls report this morn. 11 different scorers! Some going.

Kevin played really well before going off injured. Tempo were dung, they didn't win one ball that went into their back line in the first half, we also dominated the midfield area far too easy. Poor prep for the Kilcoo game. Would need a tough challenge game before that match I'd say.

I know I said we'd win by a couple but I was trying to base that on they would have had 4 weeks to prepare for this game and put a bit off effort in, that was lacking yesterday, not even any major hits in the game also.
Bad injury or taken off as a precaution as they were cruising?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2012, 02:58:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2012, 12:52:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2012, 12:39:10 PM
Read the St. Galls report this morn. 11 different scorers! Some going.

Kevin played really well before going off injured. Tempo were dung, they didn't win one ball that went into their back line in the first half, we also dominated the midfield area far too easy. Poor prep for the Kilcoo game. Would need a tough challenge game before that match I'd say.

I know I said we'd win by a couple but I was trying to base that on they would have had 4 weeks to prepare for this game and put a bit off effort in, that was lacking yesterday, not even any major hits in the game also.
Bad injury or taken off as a precaution as they were cruising?

Knee damage, not sure how bad but came off anyways, was surprised he started considering the operation he had at start of year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

crossfire

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 05, 2012, 02:20:01 PM

Cross will definitely be missing 4 from the team that started the all Ireland final replay. ( Paul Kernan, Danny O'Callaghan, Stephen Finnegan and Franny Hanratty )

yellowcard

What is the story with Kevin McGourty, why the need to wear a full body armour suit is he not getting enough attention lately? Honestly the man is a good footballer but you would swear it was arctic conditions yesterday. Wait until a few of the Cross boys get at him and a body armour suit mightn't be much good to him!

manballandall

What is your problem with kevin mc gourty?. If he wants to wear a onesie then so what. Why get yourself so annoyed about it?.  How long do people need to go on about him. Kevin is kevi and Nothing will change him, fcuk knows he's got enough abuse in his own club to no avail. So live and let live. If we were all the same the world would be a boring oul place. An absolute rocket and his own worst enemy at times but a good footballer and not a bad fella beneath it all. I think he's taken up enough threads on this board so let's leave this one to the footballing side of things as I quite enjoyed this one. 

imtommygunn

Strange to read all the posts which are almost dismissive of cross. They have been a step above anything else in ulster for a while and unless something drastic has changed I think it is only theirs to lose. That's with or without those players. Errigal may have a chance but to be honest their record could count against them. Hopefully they'll realise where st galls went wrong and go out and play football rather than get involved in the physical stuff. All assuming letterkenny are beat mind you but it would be a big shock. Though watching highlights on tg4 it'll be a dogged affair as they put a lot of me behind the ball.

St Galls need a fit Kevin McGourty to compete at this level I think. They have a lot of good players but they need their best ones to have any chance against Cross assuming they beat Kilcoo.  Fermanagh clubs haven't been so good in a while so I would expect they'll get a much bigger challenge against Kilcoo.

tyroneman

How significant will the loss of Mc Dermott be to EC?

Remember him being touted as the next big thing but never seemed to make the senior breakthrough.   

theticklemister

Although he didnt score on sunday he played very well and caused a lot of problems for ballinderry. Does mark harte not play anymore??

God14

Mark Harte retired a few years back TTM and was making first tentative steps into management. Was he not with Bellaghy this year alongside Gavin Devlin? Obviously he spent a bit of time in mauritius early summertime & things were disrupted football wise...
I would imagine that losing McDermott will be a big blow for Errigal alright.

nrico2006

Quote from: crossfire on November 05, 2012, 09:50:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 05, 2012, 02:20:01 PM

Cross will definitely be missing 4 from the team that started the all Ireland final replay. ( Paul Kernan, Danny O'Callaghan, Stephen Finnegan and Franny Hanratty )

Is Hanratty the only one in Australia?  Are the other 3 injured?

Would Daisy still not be seen as Errigals main scoring threat?  Huge loss for the next day.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'