Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on November 05, 2012, 10:45:58 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2012, 10:23:50 AM
Fukcing hell lads, let us get to the "dream" semi first before writing us up/shooting us down!!!!  Letterkenny will be hard to beat and there's no way around that.  They have had a run of competitive matches, we have not hd one since the county final.  They are on a high, we are just run of the mill.  Next week is far from a foregone conclusion!

I'm not sure about 'run of the mill' BC but you have a point about a lack of games. There is nothing like competitive matches to build a run. Where is the game and what time? I might go for a gander.

If you get through I can see the media/public making more of the game than the 2 teams. Neither will fear the other and it could be a cracker but you boys have a job to do first.
Athletic Grounds.

RMDrive

Brilliant that the Dr Maguire is back in Letterkenny today. They stole it at the end and NC were probably the better team, but if you hang around there's always a chance.

I think the Jarlath on TG4 got it right yesterday when he said that the pick of the 2 teams wouldn't trouble Cross.

yellowcard

Quote from: RMDrive on November 05, 2012, 11:15:30 AM
Brilliant that the Dr Maguire is back in Letterkenny today. They stole it at the end and NC were probably the better team, but if you hang around there's always a chance.

I think the Jarlath on TG4 got it right yesterday when he said that the pick of the 2 teams wouldn't trouble Cross.

Cross to win by 7+ points.

orangeman

Quote from: yellowcard on November 05, 2012, 11:38:35 AM

Can't see it. Jarlath is being disrespectful to both teams.

RMDrive

Sadly this is accurate. The rushed co championship and the fact that Cross are as good as they are certainly play a part, but it is still a poor reflection on Donegal club football that Eunan's are unlikely to be able to compete. Reading through this thread and seeing most people ignore the fact that Cross have to play Eunan's is hard to take.

RMDrive

Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2012, 12:15:28 PM

Did you get a chance to watch the game? The football was of poor enough standard and the reality is that Donegal clubs have repeatedly failed to make any major impact on the Ulster club championship.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RMDrive on November 05, 2012, 12:15:39 PM

Sadly this is accurate. The rushed co championship and the fact that Cross are as good as they are certainly play a part, but it is still a poor reflection on Donegal club football that Eunan's are unlikely to be able to compete. Reading through this thread and seeing most people ignore the fact that Cross have to play Eunan's is hard to take.

You'll see that there is no one from Cross saying that though.

orangeman

Quote from: RMDrive on November 05, 2012, 12:17:57 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2012, 12:15:28 PM

Did you get a chance to watch the game? The football was of poor enough standard and the reality is that Donegal clubs have repeatedly failed to make any major impact on the Ulster club championship.

Did indeed.

Can't see Cross tanking them. I must look out for the handicap.

Tony Baloney

Read the St. Galls report this morn. 11 different scorers! Some going.

RMDrive

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2012, 12:18:58 PM

I think we can always depend on you Cross boys to stay "on message"  ;)

orangeman

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2012, 12:39:10 PM

Kevin played really well before going off injured. Tempo were dung, they didn't win one ball that went into their back line in the first half, we also dominated the midfield area far too easy. Poor prep for the Kilcoo game. Would need a tough challenge game before that match I'd say.

I know I said we'd win by a couple but I was trying to base that on they would have had 4 weeks to prepare for this game and put a bit off effort in, that was lacking yesterday, not even any major hits in the game also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2012, 12:18:58 PM

That's my honest assessment of it. BCB, I don't think I have heard you state that you expect Cross to win, I think you have an inferiority complex unlike most Cross people I know!! If you's were playing Phelim Bradys you would probably still rhyme off the same drivel. You know fine rightly that yous will beat St Eunans at a canter and then you will more than likely begin predicting how Eriigal will be hot favourites against yous in the semi final since yous have never beaten them before bla bla bla!!! Honestly just call it as it is, nobody really cares 2 fiddlers about what is posted on a message board.  :P

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2012, 12:52:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2012, 12:39:10 PM

Kevin played really well before going off injured. Tempo were dung, they didn't win one ball that went into their back line in the first half, we also dominated the midfield area far too easy. Poor prep for the Kilcoo game. Would need a tough challenge game before that match I'd say.

I know I said we'd win by a couple but I was trying to base that on they would have had 4 weeks to prepare for this game and put a bit off effort in, that was lacking yesterday, not even any major hits in the game also.

It was never going to be anything else MR2. Firstly you have the poor standard of Fermanagh football going on previous performances in the USFC and then you have to factor in that it's Tempo's first Fermanagh Championship in donkey's and anything other than that was going to be bonus territory.

Oisin was saying all the right things on Radio Ulster yesterday anyway. Gall's are flying this year Cross aren't going well and haven't played to their potential etc etc. In fairness though I think it will be pretty close between them this year.

curious

MR  - what about Kelly's tackle on the Tempo guy in 1st half when he was booked- that was a hit
Terry in 1/2 back line is now obviously a fixture. If he can get his diagonals going again, that would be a useful additional weapon from backs to forwards. Concern again that we fell out of it in 2nd half  - I know it was wrapped up but same thing happened against L.D., Creggan and Jonnies in county final. We cannot afford  to keep happening that if we are to progress. Heard the argument that it is hard to sustain the momentum when a team is well ahead but bad habits can catch on.
Big problem too with kick out strategy, rather absence of one - no variety, kick and hope