Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

It's the first person I thought of too Club Rossa
Also with PTG there as well I wonder would he be welcomed back for a game or two.

Has he resigned or just stepped down for this game?

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2012, 09:39:37 PM
He has made his decision and we must get on with the job at hand. As GFD says the ulster club is a great place to be. I always thought the Tyrone championship is a big of a slog where as the ulster club rewards good football. Our players will forget about him for the next 2 weeks. If the result goes our way there will be some thinking done then.

so RM gets yous to the Ulster knock-out for the first time in years. If EC get past Ballinderry, what thinking will be done can I ask? Send him packing to the Loughshore with the tail between his legs? Show him, even though its him who has the team conditioned to win championships again, that you dont need him? I take it you're not in the inner sanctum of Errigal's think-tank

EC Unique

Quote from: J OGorman on October 23, 2012, 03:24:45 PM
He has made his decision and we must get on with the job at hand. As GFD says the ulster club is a great place to be. I always thought the Tyrone championship is a big of a slog where as the ulster club rewards good football. Our players will forget about him for the next 2 weeks. If the result goes our way there will be some thinking done then.

so RM gets yous to the Ulster knock-out for the first time in years. If EC get past Ballinderry, what thinking will be done can I ask? Send him packing to the Loughshore with the tail between his legs? Show him, even though its him who has the team conditioned to win championships again, that you dont need him? I take it you're not in the inner sanctum of Errigal's think-tank

Don't be putting words in my mouth J OG >:(.  The most important people in this are the 30 players. For the next 2 weeks they must forget about him and get on with preparing to play Ballinderry. That is the job in hand. When there is a result, be that a win or a loss, then the players will have the biggest input into what happens. I know what I think will happen but I will not be posting it on here.

theticklemister

Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

Don't be putting words in my mouth J OG >:(.  The most important people in this are the 30 players. For the next 2 weeks they must forget about him and get on with preparing to play Ballinderry. That is the job in hand. When there is a result, be that a win or a loss, then the players will have the biggest input into what happens. . I know what I think will happen but I will not be posting it on here   

Hang em high on the Ballygawley roundabout................

bennydorano

His future at EC  is bucked regardless of the result surely? Cant unshit yourself.

oakleafgael

Quote from: bennydorano on October 23, 2012, 05:40:29 PM
His future at EC  is bucked regardless of the result surely? Cant unshit yourself.

I wouldn't think he will be that worried. There will be plenty of other clubs willing to part with hard earned to "employ" him. Will probably be the next Ballinderry manager when McKinless steps aside, either him or McIvor Jnr.

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2012, 05:15:24 PM

Don't be putting words in my mouth J OG >:(.  The most important people in this are the 30 players. For the next 2 weeks they must forget about him and get on with preparing to play Ballinderry. That is the job in hand. When there is a result, be that a win or a loss, then the players will have the biggest input into what happens. I know what I think will happen but I will not be posting it on here.

Fair enough sir . Will be a quare game

yellowcard

Will McGuckin be giving out inside information to Ballinderry during his sabbatical? The plot thickens, this could be the game of the c'ship. Have to say the Club c'ship is almost as entertaining as the intercounty c'ship. Great competition.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: yellowcard on October 23, 2012, 10:32:45 PM
Will McGuckin be giving out inside information to Ballinderry during his sabbatical? The plot thickens, this could be the game of the c'ship. Have to say the Club c'ship is almost as entertaining as the intercounty c'ship. Great competition.

id be surprsied if there is much to be given away, at this stage...but, your 100%, its a deadly competition alright...has certainly spiced up the tie, adn no doubt the southern press will be standing by waiting for the schemozzle...cos there is bound to be one, right?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

thebandit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
I have to say I feel a certain level of sympathy for him but it wouldn't have been hard to foresee this happening and maybe it was a point that was brought up at the time of the appointment and agreed upon. I know I would find it hard managing against Cross in championship. Still I am sure it was discussed with the committee before being announced.   Imagine the quandry John Mac could have been in if Culloville had drawn Cross this year?

The last time the blues drew Cross in the championship 98/99? Semi final... A cross man was over Culloville and didn't say much that day.... Understandable, but unfair.

What would you have done if Scotstown had won the Monaghan championship ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thebandit on October 23, 2012, 11:32:06 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
I have to say I feel a certain level of sympathy for him but it wouldn't have been hard to foresee this happening and maybe it was a point that was brought up at the time of the appointment and agreed upon. I know I would find it hard managing against Cross in championship. Still I am sure it was discussed with the committee before being announced.   Imagine the quandry John Mac could have been in if Culloville had drawn Cross this year?

The last time the blues drew Cross in the championship 98/99? Semi final... A cross man was over Culloville and didn't say much that day.... Understandable, but unfair.

What would you have done if Scotstown had won the Monaghan championship ;)

I'll answer that one next year ;)

theticklemister

Anybody clarify time of bderry and errigal game???????

EC Unique

Quote from: theticklemister on October 25, 2012, 02:22:42 PM

Its not until Sunday week you know?

theticklemister

Quote from: EC Unique on October 25, 2012, 03:10:25 PM

I know but going from lpool to belfast for michaela harte game and have to get public transport from bfast to magh and want to make sure I get the right bus!!

EC Unique

Quote from: theticklemister on October 25, 2012, 03:15:51 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 25, 2012, 03:10:25 PM

I know but going from lpool to belfast for michaela harte game and have to get public transport from bfast to magh and want to make sure I get the right bus!!

Time prob not fixed yet but a lot of them are double fixtures with an Inter game before the senior game. I would go for 1.45 and 3.30 as a guess. If a single game 2.00.