Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2012, 10:56:18 PM
Assuming they beat them they will be comfident of beating St Gall's in the final as St Galls are clearly on the way down. 

Evidence?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on October 21, 2012, 10:59:23 PM
Assuming they beat them they will be comfident of beating St Gall's in the final as St Galls are clearly on the way down. 

Evidence?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2012, 07:41:41 PM
Quote from: Orchardman on October 21, 2012, 07:14:37 PM
first time i looked at the draw. you would be fairly certain of a galls v cross/errigal final. Most of the big guns on the harder side of the draw

I'm glad we aren't a big gun anymore, should be some dust up thou should cross/errigal meet. Hopefully TG4 will show this match if it happens.

Incontestable.

ONeill

Ach lads will yiz quit with the attempted cute hoorism. What is said on here has no bearing on the field FFS. And we won't think any worse of you if you exhibit some confidence.

Cross and Galls have the pedigree. They still have the best sides IMO. Galls will say 2 All-Irelands will satisfy them but I don't believe them. As with Kerry 03-08, they'll feel their All-Ireland is a 9/10er because they never met Cross that year. All things being equal they should meet in the final. Errigal, Ballinderry et al might cause bother but we all want to see that final pairing and it should happen. Deep down I think Galls believe they're as good as Cross at full strength.

Cross know Galls are gunning for them. Galls will never speak it but a meeting with Cross is the raison d'etre for this year's ambitions, IMO. Another Ulster and All-Ireland would be brilliant for them and if Cross are eliminated before they can meet so be it but.....

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2012, 11:12:16 PM
Think Rossa will bate shite out of the lot next year.

Ach will ye quit at the confidence exhibition thing.

brokencrossbar1

What would you expect O'Neill???  Cross are in the same side as the club from the county of the AI county champions, Ballinderry who feel they missed out last year, and Errigal, who we have never beaten in competitive football.  If we come through this side then we will have to beat St Gall's who you rightly state are another side who have a major point to prove against us.  If we were to win the Ulster this year it would be the greatest ever achievement by any of our teams.  No amount of confidence can hide the reality of how difficult the task is infront of us.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 21, 2012, 09:26:17 PM
Any outright odds for this?
By the chat of the boys on here no-one wants to be the favourite.

ONeill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2012, 11:50:00 PM
What would you expect O'Neill???  Cross are in the same side as the club from the county of the AI county champions, Ballinderry who feel they missed out last year, and Errigal, who we have never beaten in competitive football.  If we come through this side then we will have to beat St Gall's who you rightly state are another side who have a major point to prove against us.  If we were to win the Ulster this year it would be the greatest ever achievement by any of our teams.  No amount of confidence can hide the reality of how difficult the task is infront of us.

But I'd imagine you feel you can do it. You don't play all those teams on the same day.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2012, 11:59:12 PM
Crossmaglen odds on, others on request.

LeoMc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2012, 05:21:54 PM
Quote from: drici on October 21, 2012, 05:19:35 PM
Derry Senior Football Final
Ballinderry 1-10  Slaughtneil 0-10

Should have took that bet lol
What odds?

LeoMc

EC must feel confident now with a Ballinderry man as manager with a very clear insight into the Ballinderry setup.  Assuming they beat them and the Donegal champions in the semi-final they will be comfident of beating St Gall's in the final as St Galls are clearly on the way down.  It would be nice to see them winning the AI when they get to the semi's but I can't see them beating Kilmacud.  It is St Brigid's year this year and they will beat the Crokes on St Patricks day by 4.
Fixed that for you. :P
It has to be said that Cross are an inspiration, the way they can come from nowhere to keep winning despite no one rating them or giving them a chance.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2012, 12:47:10 AM

5/6 Crossmaglen
5/2 St Galls
7 Ballinderry
11 Errigal
18 Kilcoo
20 Naomh Conaill
25 Ballybay
50 Tempo

J OGorman

Quote from: yellowcard on October 22, 2012, 11:19:15 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 22, 2012, 12:47:10 AM

5/6 Crossmaglen
5/2 St Galls
7 Ballinderry
11 Errigal
18 Kilcoo
20 Naomh Conaill
25 Ballybay
50 Tempo

those odds make more sense. Errigal havent done much in the Tyrone championship recently, mounted with the fact that Tyrone clubs rarely do well in Ulster, I was wondering where all the confidence was coming from re Errigal beating Ballinderry.
Tight game but cant see anything other than a Shamrocks victory by 2/3 points.

Agent Orange

Errigal Ciaran manager Ronan McGuckin is unlikely to be involved in the Ulster Club quarter-final against his home club Ballinderry on 4 November.
McGuckin has requested a leave of absence from the role for the game because of his conflict of interest.
Errigal Ciaran set up the game with Ballinderry by hammering Mullahoran 4-15 to 1-7 at Breffni Park on Sunday.
After Sunday's match, McGuckin told the Errigal Ciaran players that he would request two weeks off from the job.
McGuckin's assistant manager Tommy McDermott looks likely to take charge of the Tyrone champions for the clash with Ballinderry.

fitzroyalty

EC Unique

Quote from: Agent Orange on October 22, 2012, 11:55:44 AM
Errigal Ciaran manager Ronan McGuckin is unlikely to be involved in the Ulster Club quarter-final against his home club Ballinderry on 4 November.
McGuckin has requested a leave of absence from the role for the game because of his conflict of interest.
Errigal Ciaran set up the game with Ballinderry by hammering Mullahoran 4-15 to 1-7 at Breffni Park on Sunday.
After Sunday's match, McGuckin told the Errigal Ciaran players that he would request two weeks off from the job.
McGuckin's assistant manager Tommy McDermott looks likely to take charge of the Tyrone champions for the clash with Ballinderry.

Heard about this late lastnight. Seems it is true. Disappointing to say the least.