Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Sunday 21st October
Preliminary Round:
Mullahoran(Cavan) 1-07   Errigal Ciarán(Tyrone) 4-15   (Breffni Park)

Sunday 4th November
Quarter Finals:
Tempo Maguires(Fermanagh) v St Galls(Antrim)   (Brewster Park)

Ballybay Pearse Brothers(Monaghan) v Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down)   (Clones)

Errigal Ciarán(Tyrone) v Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry)   (Healy Park)

Sunday 11th November
Quarter Final:
Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) v Naomh Adhamhnáin/Naomh Conaill(Donegal) (Athletic Grounds)

Sunday 18th November
Semi Finals:
Fermanagh/Antrim v Monaghan/Down

Armagh/Donegal v Tyrone/Derry

Sunday 2nd December
Final:

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2012, 05:34:00 PM
Quote from: drici on October 21, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Ulster Senior Football Championship
Preliminary Round
Mullahoran(Cavan) 1-07  Errigal Ciarán(Tyrone) 4-15

Definitely not favourites but I think they are the only team who could beat Cross. I think I am right in saying that Errigal seem to have the hoodoo on Cross? Would love to see that game materialise.

Milltown Row2

It will happen, that's for sure, Ballinderry were lucky enough to win today, and with Errigal Ciarán dispatching the Cavan Champions (how poor were they!!)

With the Donegal championship nearing completion Cross will be handy enough winners there.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orchardman

first time i looked at the draw. you would be fairly certain of a galls v cross/errigal final. Most of the big guns on the harder side of the draw

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on October 21, 2012, 07:14:37 PM
first time i looked at the draw. you would be fairly certain of a galls v cross/errigal final. Most of the big guns on the harder side of the draw

I'm glad we aren't a big gun anymore, should be some dust up thou should cross/errigal meet. Hopefully TG4 will show this match if it happens.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orchardman

i havn't seen galls play this year so i dont know anything about them, but i would imagine there would big expectations for them to get to the final at least. They are in the ulster club every year, so on that account they are defo one of the 'big guns'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchardman on October 21, 2012, 07:49:14 PM
i havn't seen galls play this year so i dont know anything about them, but i would imagine there would big expectations for them to get to the final at least. They are in the ulster club every year, so on that account they are defo one of the 'big guns'

The bookies would have you think that. Same players, just a little bit older. Would be great to get a day out at Clones this year (think that's where the final is)

ONeill

As BCB says, Cross haven't the balls to beat Errigal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on October 21, 2012, 09:02:04 PM
As BCB says, Cross haven't the balls to beat Errigal.

They never had the balls to beat us in the four meetings we have had so far but IMO this is as good a cross team as there has been. The same can not be said about Errigal. If Errigal can do enough to get past Ballinderry then cross will rightly be massive favourites. It would be nice to be there though.

skeog

good to see glenties or st eunans have already conceded e.c. you beat a woeful mullahoran team today who threw the towel in so dont be getting ahead of yourself and maybe show a bit of respect to whoever comes out of donegal on the 4 nov

rodney trotter

Peter Harte's goal today was different class. He had a brillant game, Thomas Canavan was very good aswell and Ronan McRory. Mullahoran were compititive for the fist 15 minutes, but weren't at the races from then on, and fell apart when Paul Brady was sent off a few minutes after coming on. Brady was hit first, and the Errigal player wasn't even booked

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: skeog on October 21, 2012, 09:23:25 PM
good to see glenties or st eunans have already conceded e.c. you beat a woeful mullahoran team today who threw the towel in so dont be getting ahead of yourself and maybe show a bit of respect to whoever comes out of donegal on the 4 nov

You are right. I was taking it for granted that cross would beat the donegal champions which is disrespectful. Sorry about that.

Still expect cross to be in the semi though.

fitzroyalty

Be interesting to see how Errigal cope with Ballinderry (big tyrone derby) though can't see them getting 4-15 next time out. In fact I'd probably fancy Ballinderry but only just, were down to 14 for much of the second half and when Slaughtneil really went at them were able to see them off fairly comfortably in the end. Their defence were quite impressive swarming out Slaughtneil attacks though in saying that the Slaughtneil forward unit didn't offer a wile lot.

brokencrossbar1

EC must feel confident now with a Ballinderry man as manager with a very clear insight into the Ballinderry setup.  Assuming they beat them they will be comfident of beating St Gall's in the final as St Galls are clearly on the way down.  It would be nice to see them winning the AI when they get to the semi's but I can't see them beating Kilmacud.  It is St Brigid's year this year and they will beat the Crokes on St Patricks day by 4.