Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThe likes of Errigal, Ballybay, and whoever comes out of Donegal may catch Cross napping. That's the only chance of Cross being beaten.

Somehow it is hard to see a Donegal being giant killers at an Armagh venue in the year that is in it. There is unfinished business with Errigal. There is some precedent for Monaghan neighbours halting 3 in a rows, so hopefully they'll watch out for that too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I think St Gall's are going to waltz through it. If they meet Cross in the final they'll take them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
I think St Gall's are going to waltz through it. If they meet Cross in the final they'll take them.

Oh, I hope your right, but I'm a wee bit more realistic on this. The Tempo lads have had a long enough time to recover from their celebrations and time to focus on a big game in Brewster Park, so If we win it will be 1 or 2 points.

The Down Champions, should they win their game will be far harder to call, Mayobridge game in Newry a few years ago was in the balance for a long time until Mayobridge had a player sent off, we got the breaks that day. Kilcoo are a decent side also, watched them when they played in Ulster before and they looked very sharp up front.

Cross haven't got worse, and on Sundays show they still manage to find space and score goals. Don't see how we have improved much from last year to beat Cross, who beat us pulling up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

What are the chances that the Tempo players drink water from the same well as the Ballynamallard soccer team?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on October 17, 2012, 01:51:52 PM
What are the chances that the Tempo players drink water from the same well as the Ballynamallard soccer team?

If they do then we are sunk!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sheamy

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 16, 2012, 04:09:00 PM
...when it comes to motivating themselves Cross don't need a wile lot to get them going.

You're right there. They don't even need other counties!

McConville: Cross players hurt by snub
By John Fogarty
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Oisín McConville revealed Crossmaglen players have been hurt by being overlooked for places in the Armagh team.

The reigning All-Ireland champions won their 16th county title in 17 years on Sunday and their Ulster SFC record scorer McConville feels new manager Paul Grimley should persuade goalkeeper Paul Hearty out of retirement as well making space for at least another four players in his side.

The 37-year-old, who played the majority of the victory over Pearse Óg, believes the club kingpins deserve more representation on the Armagh team than they have been getting in recent years.

"For us to have only two players playing against Tyrone, two players against Roscommon (this year) was complete madness to me when you consider the quality that the boys had shown all year.

"There were a lot of players in our panel who were quite hurt by that. Whenever our boys come back to play for Cross it gives them that extra spurt to try and prove a point again that they're good enough.

"That's the only stage we have – to put yourself out in the club championship and say, 'right, I'm good enough to play for Armagh'.

"I understand that it hurts that these boys don't play McKenna Cup or much National League football but that's the way things go."

Earlier this year, Hearty, 34, quit inter-county football but McConville says he can be enticed back to the fold.

"I think it's time that somebody came and got him out of retirement.

"I genuinely think that if he was asked properly and went about it the proper way, definitely. James Morgan's another player.

"I think Paul McKeown is another player who could do something for Armagh.

" I believe David McKenna's a player that has been sort of let go almost by Armagh but if we can get him going well.

"Johnny Hanratty can do a job for you, Aaron Cunningham can do a job, Tony Kernan. I know I'm after naming about eight or nine but they're all players who can, at the very least, challenge to be in that Armagh squad but again it's all about opinions."

Cold tea

He's dropped more than his fair share into the net for Armagh, some clangers - let him stay at Cross.

Orior

James Morgan and Tony Kernan, and that's it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onion Bag

Would like to see C Mc Kinney in goals, maybe PG can talk him into coming back

James Morgan,
Paul Mc Keown,
Aaron Cunnigham,
David Mc Kenna,
Aaron Kernan,
Jamie Clarke,
Jonny Hanratty,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 17, 2012, 03:59:19 PM
James Morgan,
Paul Mc Keown,
Aaron Cunnigham,
David Mc Kenna,
Aaron Kernan,
Jamie Clarke,
Jonny Hanratty,

Without question and Hearty if he was convinced.

Onion Bag

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2012, 04:02:04 PM
James Morgan,
Paul Mc Keown,
Aaron Cunnigham,
David Mc Kenna,
Aaron Kernan,
Jamie Clarke,
Jonny Hanratty,

Honestly BCB, he doesnt exactly excite me, he had a serious amount of howlers prior to hanging up the gloves, wouls like ro see Mc Kinney from the ogs get a shot he was always in Heartys shadow and i suppose thats why he quit when he did.

BTW BCB we are going to get our balls kicked in here for talking about Armaghs panel on the Ulster Club Thread  :'(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 17, 2012, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 17, 2012, 04:02:04 PM
James Morgan,
Paul Mc Keown,
Aaron Cunnigham,
David Mc Kenna,
Aaron Kernan,
Jamie Clarke,
Jonny Hanratty,

Honestly BCB, he doesnt exactly excite me, he had a serious amount of howlers prior to hanging up the gloves, wouls like ro see Mc Kinney from the ogs get a shot he was always in Heartys shadow and i suppose thats why he quit when he did.

BTW BCB we are going to get our balls kicked in here for talking about Armaghs panel on the Ulster Club Thread  :'(

Keep winning the fooking thing so talk away

sheamy

+1...

as I said previously, there's no point talking about it any more. It's in the bag and staying where it is.

How about cruelty to Jack Russells. Any views?

Onion Bag

Quote from: sheamy on October 17, 2012, 04:51:29 PM
+1...

as I said previously, there's no point talking about it any more. It's in the bag and staying where it is.

How about cruelty to Jack Russells. Any views?

It really grinds my gears! and makes me go WTF?

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2012, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2012, 11:14:16 PM

Oh, I hope your right, but I'm a wee bit more realistic on this. The Tempo lads have had a long enough time to recover from their celebrations and time to focus on a big game in Brewster Park, so If we win it will be 1 or 2 points.

The Down Champions, should they win their game will be far harder to call, Mayobridge game in Newry a few years ago was in the balance for a long time until Mayobridge had a player sent off, we got the breaks that day. Kilcoo are a decent side also, watched them when they played in Ulster before and they looked very sharp up front.

Cross haven't got worse, and on Sundays show they still manage to find space and score goals. Don't see how we have improved much from last year to beat Cross, who beat us pulling up

Ah come on now. You're a tarra man for playing them down.

What will you lay me if I go against your prediction of a 1-2 point win? Say, a St Gall's by 6 or more win.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.