Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleater

Well done to ballybay winning the monaghan SFC again after a 25 year wait. Deserving champions and great to see a new team rise to the top of the pile. Special mention to Paul Finlay being MOTM and captain, he led by example. Also Colin Malone now has the distinction of winning senior, intermediate and junior championships with his club. Not to many men have that achievement.

timmyot501

"Colin Malone now has the distinction of winning senior, intermediate and junior championships with his club. Not to many men have that achievement."

Yes well done to Colin Malone, playing a long time and took his goal well y'day.  What age would he be anyway?

In the program yesterday it mentioned 5 players who were going for a collection of Minor, Junior, Intermediate and Senior medals.  Jap was one of the names and I think 2 McCabes and then 2 others.  So they must join Malone?

sheamy

Quote from: Sleater on October 15, 2012, 09:09:25 AM
Well done to ballybay winning the monaghan SFC again after a 25 year wait. Deserving champions and great to see a new team rise to the top of the pile. Special mention to Paul Finlay being MOTM and captain, he led by example. Also Colin Malone now has the distinction of winning senior, intermediate and junior championships with his club. Not to many men have that achievement.

I think there was possibly two of the Eoghan Rua (Coleraine) Derry SFC winning panel of 2010 achieved that, but not aware of anyone else. It takes some doing.

Bingo

Quote from: timmyot501 on October 15, 2012, 10:07:39 AM
"Colin Malone now has the distinction of winning senior, intermediate and junior championships with his club. Not to many men have that achievement."

Yes well done to Colin Malone, playing a long time and took his goal well y'day.  What age would he be anyway?

In the program yesterday it mentioned 5 players who were going for a collection of Minor, Junior, Intermediate and Senior medals.  Jap was one of the names and I think 2 McCabes and then 2 others.  So they must join Malone?

Buggy is a great story really, he was always a very talented player but injury meant he "finished" playing football before he reached 30, he worked as club physio and trainer to a few teams (was our match day physio for about 4 years until the end of last year). He went back playing a bit of B football last year and this year worked his way back onto the senior team. Scored 1-1 in the final and had a huge influence on the day. Him and Hughie, the brother, had a great moment after the final whistle yesterday.

I think he may also be training Aghabog this year and they beat a very fancied Emyvale team on Saturday in the league semi-final by a point to reach a league final.

screenexile

Quote from: sheamy on October 15, 2012, 10:39:18 AM

I think there was possibly two of the Eoghan Rua (Coleraine) Derry SFC winning panel of 2010 achieved that, but not aware of anyone else. It takes some doing.

Would any of the Loup lads have done something similar sheamy? Rocks, McBride or Devlin or any of those?

sheamy

Quote from: screenexile on October 15, 2012, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: sheamy on October 15, 2012, 10:39:18 AM

Would any of the Loup lads have done something similar sheamy? Rocks, McBride or Devlin or any of those?

Don't think so screen lad...they did junior in '89 and intermediate in '94. Those boys would have been too young for the junior win I think having been on the Ulster minor club winning team of '93.

Sleater

I think Colin is 35 or 36.  I remember playing against him when Ballybay were junior and at also against him at underage level. He was always a good player and glad to see him achieve this. Sound bloke.

I'm not sure about the other ballybay lads. Jap, Fergal McArdle and Barney mcCabe would have been just out of minor if that's right. So possibly true.

Don Johnson

Ulster Club SFC:
Crossmaglen    5/6
St Galls    11/4   
Ballinderry    10/1
Mayobridge    12/1
Errigal Ciaran    14/1
Ballybay    16/1
St Eunans    20/1
Slaughtneil    25/1
Naomh Conaill    25/1
Kilcoo    25/1
St Michaels    50/1
Mullahoran    66/1
Tempo    66/1
Dungloe    150/1
Four Masters    200/1

Onion Bag

Quote from: ogshead on October 15, 2012, 07:47:15 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on October 14, 2012, 10:27:04 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 14, 2012, 10:11:01 PM
Aaron Kernan punched a man in the bake twice right in front of us in the first, they were tame enough to be fair, but as Eamon Coleman used to say........ The JP/aherne tackle was poor stuff, other than that it wasn't that major.

I'd agree Cross were poor, Jamie made all the difference, the 3rd goal broke Ogs spirit, up until that point i thought they were much the better team.

Tell JJ that !

How exactly did JJ break his jaw? I heard something about it in the club last night but didn't want to mention it here until I got my facts right.

It was an accidental collision with his own man in the second half
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

QuoteUlster Club SFC:
Crossmaglen    5/6
St Galls    11/4   

Ladbrokes have Cross at evens, but Ballinderry at 13/2.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

There must be a dozen Mullaghabawn men who did this in Armagh in the 90's, culminating in an Ulster Club title!

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM
You took the bet before checking the odds, ye eejit.

I get out every now and again, you?

He didn't pm and still hasn't. I get out plenty

I posted, but in truth I was always going to check and lay it off, thats what punters do.

Is it a simple case of covering the winnings by finding better odds elsewhere for the same bet? Or are there other ways to cover this?

Also, is it possible to cover the potential winnings in this case by betting on a Slaughtneil Derry/Ulster double at the present odds for both competitions or do bookies not allow that?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

wildrover

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2012, 10:06:50 AM

I posted, but in truth I was always going to check and lay it off, thats what punters do.

Is it a simple case of covering the winnings by finding better odds elsewhere for the same bet? Or are there other ways to cover this?

Also, is it possible to cover the potential winnings in this case by betting on a Slaughtneil Derry/Ulster double at the present odds for both competitions or do bookies not allow that?

In order to win Ulster they would need to win Derry first. Therefore their odds to win Ulster reflect their chances of winning Derry first and then going on to provincial success. The principle of mutual exclusivity comes into play. Them bookies is not saft ya know!...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2012, 10:06:50 AM

You can put 25 on on them winning Derry at 7/4 and then bet the winnings on winning Ulster, the odds will drop from 25/1 to at least 20/1. Still better odds than the current 25/1 on offer.

Personally I think they will get dicked with a couple of players sent off, I think this happened a few years ago
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

That 7/4 isn't for them to win the Derry championship outright, that's the 60 minutes betting. They could draw that match and then win the replay (or extra time, I am not sure what way it works) to get through to the Ulster club SFC and you are out your stake.

Also you are putting a lot of faith in them being 20/1 if they win Ulster. They will have just put out the 10/1 third favourites for Ulster.

Can't believe this has taken over the thread though.