Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Scrappy enough game in Armagh, but Cross goals keep them ahead 2-03 0-07
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 14, 2012, 04:35:46 PM
Scrappy enough game in Armagh, but Cross goals keep them ahead 2-03 0-07

Aye lot of off the ball stuff going on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Ballybay end a 25 year hiatus with a dominant performance from start to finish, to win the Monaghan senior championship by 4 points against Clontibret.
A gifted goal and a late goal for Clontibret made it look closer than it was.

timmyot501

Yeah fair play to ballybay. Played a great game. 4 points flattered clontibret. Thought ballybay might regret some missed chances in 1st half but they just pushed on even more after the break. Well done

Captain Obvious

Goals win games was certainly the case in the Armagh final today. Well done to Crossmaglen and they should go on to win another Ulster title.

drici

Donegal Senior Football Championship
Quarter Finals:
Naomh Adhamhnáin 2-15  Na Cealla Beaga 0-07

Na Ceithre Maistirí 0-09  Naomh Mícheál 0-09

An Clochán Liath 2-07  Gleann tSuilí 0-08

Naomh Conaill 1-10  Bun Dobhráin 0-05

Semi Final Draw:
An Clochán Liath v Naomh Adhamhnáin
Naomh Conaill v Na Ceithre Maistirí/Naomh Mícheál

brokencrossbar1

40 counties in total now, top of one particular tree anyway, 16 out of 17, not bad. I remember arguing many moons ago with Rufus and bennydorano about how many titles we would win. I said we wouldn't be far off the majority of the next 10 and that was when I had retired. They have won 6 since then out of 7 with it looking harder year on year for clubs to get closer. We'll hit the half century in less than 15 years as I know what is coming through the club.

A lot of comments I would like to make about todays game but I will hold counsel for now. Well done boys!

theticklemister

Congrats lad. Great club.

are ye not sick if celebrating. What would a night of celebrating consist of in cross after lifting an armagh coumty title???

drici

Armagh Senior Football Final
Crossmaglen 3-09  Pearse Óg 0-11

Monaghan Senior Football Final
Ballybay 1-12  Clontibret 2-05

Sunday 21st October
Preliminary Round:
Mullahoran(Cavan) v Errigal Ciarán(Tyrone)   (Breffni Park)

Sunday 4th November
Quarter Finals:
Tempo Maguires(Fermanagh) v St Galls(Antrim) (Brewster Park)

Ballybay Pearse Brothers(Monaghan) v Mayobridge/Kilcoo(Down) (Clones)

Ballinderry/Slaughtneil(Derry) v Cavan/Tyrone (Derry v Cavan - Celtic Park Derry v Tyrone - Healy Park)

Sunday 11th November
Quarter Final:
Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) v Naomh Adhamhnáin/An Clochán Liath/(Na Ceithre Maistirí/Naomh Mícheál)/Naomh Conaill(Donegal) (Athletic Grounds)

Sunday 18th November
Semi Finals:
Fermanagh/Antrim v Monaghan/Down

Armagh/Donegal v Cavan/Tyrone/Derry

Sunday 2nd December
Final:

Throw ball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2012, 07:10:25 PM
40 counties in total now, top of one particular tree anyway, 16 out of 17, not bad. I remember arguing many moons ago with Rufus and bennydorano about how many titles we would win. I said we wouldn't be far off the majority of the next 10 and that was when I had retired. They have won 6 since then out of 7 with it looking harder year on year for clubs to get closer. We'll hit the half century in less than 15 years as I know what is coming through the club.

A lot of comments I would like to make about todays game but I will hold counsel for now. Well done boys!

Do not be so grumpy! Thought Cross were not at their best but still Won. A credit to themselves. Pity a few more clubs in the county could not get closer to their standard. On saying that I thought Ogs Conor Clarke was man of match.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Throw ball on October 14, 2012, 07:59:56 PM

Do not be so grumpy! Thought Cross were not at their best but still Won. A credit to themselves. Pity a few more clubs in the county could not get closer to their standard. On saying that I thought Ogs Conor Clarke was man of match.

Not grumpy but some very dubious stuff happened today and while never shy from the fact that we have been cynical over the years I saw at least 3 clear deliberate punches to the face on our boys with 2 of them directly in view of either a lines man or the ref.  Anyway, Cups back where she belongs and the plans will begin for the Donegal champs now. 

Quote from: theticklemister on October 14, 2012, 07:25:31 PM

are ye not sick if celebrating. What would a night of celebrating consist of in cross after lifting an armagh coumty title???

How would ye get sick of celebrating?  I wouldn't be to most after match celebrations bar the Ulster or AI as I am not in the town anymore.  The lads will go out tonight and maybe tomorrow but it won't be anything wild.  They will be in the field Tuesday night and then that's that till Ulster is over.

cadence

Quote from: drici on October 14, 2012, 06:40:38 PM
Donegal Senior Football Championship
Quarter Finals:
Naomh Adhamhnáin 2-15  Na Cealla Beaga 0-07

Na Ceithre Maistirí 0-09  Naomh Mícheál 0-09

An Clochán Liath 2-07  Gleann tSuilí 0-08

Naomh Conaill 1-10  Bun Dobhráin 0-05

jesus, dungloe boys runnin' things. didn't see that coming.

Semi Final Draw:
An Clochán Liath v Naomh Adhamhnáin
Naomh Conaill v Na Ceithre Maistirí/Naomh Mícheál

Cold tea

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2012, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on October 14, 2012, 07:59:56 PM

Not grumpy but some very dubious stuff happened today and while never shy from the fact that we have been cynical over the years I saw at least 3 clear deliberate punches to the face on our boys with 2 of them directly in view of either a lines man or the ref.  Anyway, Cups back where she belongs and the plans will begin for the Donegal champs now. 

Quote from: theticklemister on October 14, 2012, 07:25:31 PM

How would ye get sick of celebrating?  I wouldn't be to most after match celebrations bar the Ulster or AI as I am not in the town anymore. The lads will go out tonight and maybe tomorrow but it won't be anything wild.  They will be in the field Tuesday night and then that's that till Ulster is over.

More than JJ Clarke will do, the lad in dundonald with his jaw fractured in two places, the abuse he took today was shocking, even more shocking the officials failing to do anything about it!

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM
You took the bet before checking the odds, ye eejit.

I get out every now and again, you?

He didn't pm and still hasn't. I get out plenty

I posted, but in truth I was always going to check and lay it off, thats what punters do.

And I won't be. Your behaviour on this thread has been odd. I didn't make any odds up. I quoted your post. In my opinion, you took a bet and now have no intention of honouring it. That's fine. Not worth getting heated up over. My account is with Paddy Power and they didn't have odds for Ulster. They don't even mention Sneil for All-Ireland. Ladbrokes didn't have odds either. Even at 25/1 Slaughtneil are over-priced, I still will put £20 on them, not with you though.

We were the same odds today to beat Portaferry as Slaughtneil are to beat Ballinderry. Bookies can be out on the odd occasion also.

It looks like Cross will take some stopping though.